ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't we be like NMSU...

2 years/ 1 year in CUSA- and going to CUSA Championship- smh. Gotta respect Kill’s standards. I think he older than Dismel and seems to have adjusted to the modern game and winners in the modern age. Having a great leader makes a difference in College football. This is the same team that lost the first game to UMass at the beginning of the year. I hope they win at Liberty

8 wins with 4 more games to play. Chance of winning at least one more. When was the last time UTEP won 9+ games in a season?
I’m pretty sure they have only done it once in 1988. For sure that was the last time. Maybe they won 10 in the 60s, but I doubt it

NMSU should be investigated. It takes 8 or 9 years of rebuilding for a coach to be competing for a conference championship.
UTEP basketball - 13 years without a conference championship
UTEP football - 23 years without a conference championship. Even then, it was shared and were blown out by the team they shared with.

UTEP basketball - 13 years without a conference championship
UTEP football - 23 years without a conference championship. Even then, it was shared and were blown out by the team they shared with.
Yeah it's weird that utep was able to claim a share. Utep lost the h2h.

If the Aggies going to the CUSA Championship Game is not a big enough sign to fire Dismel then I don't know what is. If he isn't fired maybe Dismel can to go Coach Kill's coaching camp on what to do.

Seriously if the next UTEP head coach is not competing for the upper half of CUSA in year 2 then the salary is wasted and should be forgoed to the NIL.

I am happy as an Aggie but pissed as a Miner. We have more resources and facilities and have limited excuses as to why we can't pull what Coach Kill did in EP (minus no similar Coach Kill on the market). I want the UTEP/NMSU rivalry to get national recognition based on the coaching and excitement.

If the Aggies going to the CUSA Championship Game is not a big enough sign to fire Dismel then I don't know what is. If he isn't fired maybe Dismel can to go Coach Kill's coaching camp on what to do.

Seriously if the next UTEP head coach is not competing for the upper half of CUSA in year 2 then the salary is wasted and should be forgoed to the NIL.

I am happy as an Aggie but pissed as a Miner. We have more resources and facilities and have limited excuses as to why we can't pull what Coach Kill did in EP (minus no similar Coach Kill on the market). I want the UTEP/NMSU rivalry to get national recognition based on the coaching and excitement.
Because we didn’t hire Kill.

NMSUs success should put the hot seat square under Senter's ass. Not only did he hire Dimel, but he gave him 6 years to sputter around, including an extension last year which everyone knew was the wrong move at the time it was given. It took nmsu 1 year of sharing a conference with us to surpass us in football and they've been leagues better in basketball for the past 15 years.

Lord help us, but esp senter and golding, if nmsu beats us even 1 time in basketball after the dumpster fire of a season they had last year.

The man probably took the NMSU job because it's lower-pressure than a Power 5 job. He already stepped down from the Minnesota job once. He has major health problems.

If he wants a Power 5 job, I'm sure he will get offers.
NMSU fans will convince themselves of this. If they come calling and his seizures are under control, he will go.

Kill knows he doesn’t have much time left in his coaching career and will jump ship when he gets a solid offer from a P5 school. What Kill has done at one of the worst college football programs in the nation is nothing short of remarkable.

Last edited:
Kill knows he doesn’t have much time left in his coaching career and will jump ship when he gets a solid offer from a P5 school. What Kill has done at one of the worst college football programs in the nation is nothing short of remarkable.
I don’t know about that. He is 62 and his health issues are well documented. If you’re him, would you leave a job like NMSU, where you’re building something great and you’re being applauded by everyone for the stress and bs that comes with a bigger school? At this stage in his life he could feel that it’s not worth it.

I knew Kill would make NMSU better but I didn’t know they would do it so quickly.

If y’all ain’t on my anger level with UTEP and retard Parcells…you need to be.
F U C K UTEP! And F U C K Senter! F U C K Wilson! F U C K Richard Aduato! And F U C K the search committee who chose Dismal! F U C K Sean Kugler! While we’re at it F U C K CMP for years and years of shit! BAN ME! Then I could finally be done with this horrible addiction called UTEP sports! Garbage ass university.

F U C K UTEP!

I don’t know about that. He is 62 and his health issues are well documented. If you’re him, would you leave a job like NMSU, where you’re building something great and you’re being applauded by everyone for the stress and bs that comes with a bigger school? At this stage in his life he could feel that it’s not worth it.
UTEP was very lucky to have a man like Haskins stick around for so many years. Unfortunately, those type of coaches are long gone. I understand Kill is an older coach with a history of health issues, but there will be schools throwing big money his way. Kill only has a few more years to maximize his earning potential. Time will tell…

I knew Kill would make NMSU better but I didn’t know they would do it so quickly.

If y’all ain’t on my anger level with UTEP and retard Parcells…you need to be.
F U C K UTEP! And F U C K Senter! F U C K Wilson! F U C K Richard Aduato! And F U C K the search committee who chose Dismal! F U C K Sean Kugler! While we’re at it F U C K CMP for years and years of shit! BAN ME! Then I could finally be done with this horrible addiction called UTEP sports! Garbage ass university.

F U C K UTEP!
There ya go. Let it out. Atta boy. Lettttt it all out.

After watching the NMSU highlights, I got curious and watched a couple of Auburn podcasters reactions to the game. The biggest thing that came through was how NMSU was not intimidated of Auburn from the get go. Those analysts said that from the beginning, NMSU was making statements and giving kudos to the coaching staff for coming in with the perfect game plan and executing it perfectly to give them a whooping. That’s two years in a row that Jerry Kill went in against a Hugh Freeze team as a 21+ point underdog and then beat his teams by more than 21 points.

I guess when I hear that, my biggest question is when is Utep going to go against a P5 team with confidence and a game plan to beat them, and execute it flawlessly? Heck, we can’t even do that against the Incarnate Words of the world.

I look at our future football schedule and see that we have two money games coming up with us playing at Michigan and at Oklahoma IN the SAME season! If Senter would actually hire a football coach that was half of the caliber of what they have at NMSU, we could fill up the Sun Bowl and not have to schedule two season destroying money games in one year.

With NMSU doing what they did yesterday and what they have done in the past two seasons, there is no way Senter can keep Dimel. But then again…we are UTEP!

Just the other day, I was teasing my UTSA friends about Traylor interviewing for the A&M job, and I told them that they are only one bad head coach hire away from being a UTEP and his response was, “no, there is only one UTEP. God wouldn’t ever be that cruel”. Of course he was joking, but then again, 🤔

After watching the NMSU highlights, I got curious and watched a couple of Auburn podcasters reactions to the game. The biggest thing that came through was how NMSU was not intimidated of Auburn from the get go. Those analysts said that from the beginning, NMSU was making statements and giving kudos to the coaching staff for coming in with the perfect game plan and executing it perfectly to give them a whooping. That’s two years in a row that Jerry Kill went in against a Hugh Freeze team as a 21+ point underdog and then beat his teams by more than 21 points.

I guess when I hear that, my biggest question is when is Utep going to go against a P5 team with confidence and a game plan to beat them, and execute it flawlessly? Heck, we can’t even do that against the Incarnate Words of the world.

I look at our future football schedule and see that we have two money games coming up with us playing at Michigan and at Oklahoma IN the SAME season! If Senter would actually hire a football coach that was half of the caliber of what they have at NMSU, we could fill up the Sun Bowl and not have to schedule two season destroying money games in one year.

With NMSU doing what they did yesterday and what they have done in the past two seasons, there is no way Senter can keep Dimel. But then again…we are UTEP!

Just the other day, I was teasing my UTSA friends about Traylor interviewing for the A&M job, and I told them that they are only one bad head coach hire away from being a UTEP and his response was, “no, there is only one UTEP. God wouldn’t ever be that cruel”. Of course he was joking, but then again, 🤔
Dimel has always been mentally weak when it comes to playing P5 teams. You can hear it in his voice and in his pre-game discussions/interviews. Those games have been over before they start.

Dimel has always been mentally weak when it comes to playing P5 teams. You can hear it in his voice and in his pre-game discussions/interviews. Those games have been over before they start.
I agree 100%. Dimel wants to end the game as quickly as possible, and that’s when he plays C-USA opponents. He’d never go on the road vs a P5 school and let it rip.

Reactions: FedupMiner
In the Midwest: Jerry Kill receiving tons of kudos with NMS stunning win over Auburn. Kill coached at Southern Ill. and Northern Illinois before moving to the Big 10. It was mentioned the fake punt played against Auburn has been in his playbook since SIU days. Kill has a collection of good coaches on his staff it should be pointed out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT