ADVERTISEMENT

With the 182th pick, the GREEN BAY PACKERS select AARON JONES from UTEP!!

IMG_1114_3.jpg

AJ couldn't have gone to a better team. The Packer needed a RB and they run an offense where he won't have to worry about being a 30+ carries back (not that they would game plan for him like that). I'm happy for him and his family. I'd expect Kug's and his staff to push that to their recruits as much as possible. Doesn't matter what round he went, he got drafted. Next to the birth of a child, I can't think of a more nerve racking moment to experience. Wishing him all the best.

Packers have already cut 2 of their 4 backs from last year (keeping only starting RB Ty Mongomery as well as their fullback Ripkowski). That means that AJ will have to only be in the top 3 out of 4 RBs to make the final roster. Wouldn't be cool if Hard Knocks were following the Packers thus year!! Too bad it will be the Bucs.

Packers have already cut 2 of their 4 backs from last year (keeping only starting RB Ty Mongomery as well as their fullback Ripkowski). That means that AJ will have to only be in the top 3 out of 4 RBs to make the final roster. Wouldn't be cool if Hard Knocks were following the Packers thus year!! Too bad it will be the Bucs.
AJs the best receiver out of that bunch. for a team that throws 70% of the time...

Reactions: axingfools1

The debate over whether or not Christine Michael is capable NFL RB is on the table. However, his biggest issue, from what I've been told by a former Seahawk is his attitude. He's not a suit that wears well over the short haul. Having said that, Aaron Jones is A. coachable, B. has no airs about himself, C. hard working. That's a nice combination in his favor to have for making a team that needs a RB (that can also catch).

AJs the best receiver out of that bunch. for a team that throws 70% of the time...

Montgomery was a WR that the Packers converted to RB when they go desperate...you think AJ has better hands than him?

Montgomery was a WR that the Packers converted to RB when they go desperate...you think AJ has better hands than him?

Montgomery was a RB in HS, and initially one at Stanford. They converted him to WR to get him on the field because of his speed. Who has better hands is irrelevant. Montgomery, more than likely will be the starter. AJ will be competing for second carries with whomever else they bring in. Just FYI, the Pack only has one RB on the roster right now. A spot on the team is almost, dare I say, his to lose.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Montgomery was a RB in HS, and initially one at Stanford. They converted him to WR to get him on the field because of his speed. Who has better hands is irrelevant. Montgomery, more than likely will be the starter. AJ will be competing for second carries with whomever else they bring in. Just FYI, the Pack only has one RB on the roster right now. A spot on the team is almost, dare I say, his to lose.
It is relevant because one back will play downs 1 and 2 with another back potentially playing down 3. I think AJ is a prototypical 3rd down back where hands are relevant. And yes, I thnk AJ has better hands.

It is relevant because one back will play downs 1 and 2 with another back potentially playing down 3. I think AJ is a prototypical 3rd down back where hands are relevant. And yes, I thnk AJ has better hands.

Irrelevant meaning Montgomery is going to be the starter. Doesn't matter if AJ (or Montgomery) has the better hands. That's not what makes you the starter. But that does get you in the mix - which AJ will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT