ADVERTISEMENT

1 Scholarship left

picks up

MI VIP
Aug 24, 2012
Assuming Stallworth is gone and Hunter is staying one scholarship remains. Who / what player would you want to fill that last scholarship?

I think the team needs one more big man. Cedrick will be tough to replace but I would like another guy like him. I like Matt but he gets pushed around a lot down low.

A big guy would be good, but the absolute, no. 1 priority is a legitimate point guard to make the team go.

If Floyd is going to continue to try to play like a bo ryan wisconsin team he has to have both a dominant pg and a dominant center. Right now our lack of skill at center is a real liability. We desperately need a good center and a floor general at pg. The problem is at this time of year there arent a whole lot of good options. Hopefully they can find some hidden gems.

Winning at the college game is all about the guards.
Secure a guard at the point. I would look to the JC level for the help.
That's where the Miners have excelled from Bobby Joe Hill to Fili Rivera.

Aren't we out of schollies at the moment? We gained three (Washburn, Lang, Cooper) and gave out three in the early period (Thomas, Romine, Moore). If you're assuming that Stallworth is out, we likely gave his to McSwiggan. Correct? Isn't McSwiggan eligible next year? Unless someone transfers out, Hunter goes pro, or someone doesn't make it, I don't think we have any more to give.

Originally posted by STexMiner:
Aren't we out of schollies at the moment? We gained three (Washburn, Lang, Cooper) and gave out three in the early period (Thomas, Romine, Moore). If you're assuming that Stallworth is out, we likely gave his to McSwiggan. Correct? Isn't McSwiggan eligible next year? Unless someone transfers out, Hunter goes pro, or someone doesn't make it, I don't think we have any more to give.
We never filled Jackson's Scholarship after he left, so assuming Stallworth leaves then we would still have 1 left to give.

Originally posted by STexMiner:
Yes I'm assuming that Stallworth is gone. There are 13 available scholarships

Seniors:
1. Earvin Morris
2. Hooper Vint

Juniors
3. Lee Moore
4. Vince Hunter
5. Matt Wilms

Sophmores
6. Jake Flaggert
7. Omega Harris

Freshman:
8. Trey Touchet
9. Terry Winn
10. Josh McSwiggan
11. Paul Thomas
12. Christian Romine
13. ????????

I'm I missing anyone?

By my count, we have 8 returning scholies next year if they all decide to return. Flaggert, Morris, Harris, Hunter, Vint, Touchet, Wilms, Winn. If all three signees make it to campus, that would make 11. One scholie has been promised to McLovin and the coaches are still on the prowl for one more for a total of 13. HOWEVER, Vint is graduating and thus could possibly qualify for an academic scholie. Also, signee Lee Moore apparently has not played all year and there is question as to whether he will make it to campus. (I felt I owed the board something substantive after my last post).

What about Tevin Caldwell? Will he not be rewarded a scholie, or being a red-shirt senior are we assuming he will have graduated and get an academic one too?

Has anyone heard anything about Touchet? I wonder if the coaches still think he will bring something to the table if not they might ask him to move on. That being said i've never heard anything bad about him but the coaches usually talk up the other redshirts more.

Ronstr300 posted on 3/25/2015...

McLovin? Please remind me....I forget..._________________________________________________________________________________________McSwiggen from England
Caldwell has always been a walk on.
And there was another post that Lew Stallworth tweets he is happy to be here.
I'm a little worried about Lee Moore not playing much this last year, and if he is still coming here. (If not try to go get Andre Spight)
ASU coach was let go.

GO MINERS

This post was edited on 3/26 10:11 AM by winstoneptx

Originally posted by allminer:

What about Tevin Caldwell? Will he not be rewarded a scholie, or being a red-shirt senior are we assuming he will have graduated and get an academic one too?
I think that the only way he gets a scholarship is if they don't fill the last one

Utep will most certainly be signing a PG. Whether it's a JC transfer, or transfer from another school I'm 80% sure thats the focus right now. If they get experienced PG and Vince come back, this team will be improved I believe

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT