ADVERTISEMENT

1st Choice

TrojanMiner

MI VIP
Dec 5, 2004
This is the guy that was my first choice to replace Price. I love Kug and all but I always thought that this was the guy that could really do the most damage with the players we had and recruited at the time. His O could offset the size/skill disadvantages that we had and even the playing field. Still do. Anyhow, it won't be long now before the big boys snatch him up and the shame of it all is that we had a shot at him. He applied for the job!

http://espn.go.com/college-football...izzlies-coach-bob-stitt-cult-favorite-coaches

I couldnt be more happy with Kugler. All 127 1a schools have talent at the skill posistions. What separates the good programs from everyone else is talent in the trenches. We are two and in some spots three deep on both sides of the line.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
I also applaud him for the comment he made at the kickoff luncheon last week. He is striving to have at least one player from every El Paso high school on the team. He is really trying to make el paso a proud UTEP football town. I love it.

Reactions: develman
I think Coach Kug next stop is the NFL.
I doubt he will go to another school.
He is proving he can build not rebuild a team in a short time.
Granted he is not there yet but has surprised the hell out of a
lot of non believers. Coach Kug is doing an awesome job.

Go Miners...

Stitt keeps Montana moving North in the "Ws" probably puts him on everyone's long list of coaches. Which makes him a short timer at Montana. I love football coaching junkies.

"Las Vegas buffets and football..." - my kind of guy.

Its hard to guage how good a montana coach is. Montana is the biggest fish in a small pond. Their facilities and support a far better than any other fcs school, they are always good. Montana always wins but their coaches haven't done well in the FBS.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Its hard to guage how good a montana coach is. Montana is the biggest fish in a small pond. Their facilities and support a far better than any other fcs school, they are always good. Montana always wins but their coaches haven't done well in the FBS.

Trojan, I was also a big supporter of Kug - thought he would be a fine coach. I met Kug years ago on the west coast. He had accompanied my good friend Gary Nord on a recruiting trip to various schools in southern cal. Gary called me and I met both of them at a beach bar to sip a few brews and talk about UTEP football. I liked Kug the minute I met him - seemed to be larger than he is now, but had a great personality and felt good about him being a head coach some day. I personally do not see either Klug or Floyd leaving anytime soon. Both of them really like EP and make fairly decent money, so I think they will be with us for a spell. My 2 cents boys!

Reactions: TrojanMiner
Trojan, I was also a big supporter of Kug - thought he would be a fine coach. I met Kug years ago on the west coast. He had accompanied my good friend Gary Nord on a recruiting trip to various schools in southern cal. Gary called me and I met both of them at a beach bar to sip a few brews and talk about UTEP football. I liked Kug the minute I met him - seemed to be larger than he is now, but had a great personality and felt good about him being a head coach some day. I personally do not see either Klug or Floyd leaving anytime soon. Both of them really like EP and make fairly decent money, so I think they will be with us for a spell. My 2 cents boys!

With your close ties, your guess would probably be better than anybody else's. Hope Kug stays around for a while. Would be nice to be a power G5 fb team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT