ADVERTISEMENT

Even the NMSU beat writer was saying that the environment was "dead" and hes right. There was a min or two when the crowd came alive, but outside of that it was more of a period for reflection haha.

Reactions: UTEP05
Half time was very good. Absolutely nothing to keep you engaged during time outs and other stoppage.

Half time was very good. Absolutely nothing to keep you engaged during time outs and other stoppage.

No it wasn't. Elia got very few claps and not many people really cared to see her. She was just ok, nothing special. Most people around me weren't even paying attention.

#FireNatalacio
That will never happen. She was named one of TIME's 100 most influential people, donchaknow. (How does this influence manifest? Does she have the phone numbers of world leaders? Can she call them up and say, "Hey, this is Diana! Here's my advice...")

And she just turned down that $50,000 bonus because UTEP is its own reward, or something.

She is motivated by, and is rewarded with, accolades from people for whom athletics are not a priority.

I liked Elia!

I only saw her on Miner TV but I liked her too. I did notice she put a lot of herself into "it" and seemed to get minimal return from the crowd.

I hate when that happens. It takes ballz to put yourself in front of that many people. I thought she did well to maintain her energy and enthusiasm. She held her own.

Reactions: allminer
I liked Elia!

Me too!

No it wasn't. Elia got very few claps and not many people really cared to see her. She was just ok, nothing special. Most people around me weren't even paying attention.

You say that because she is an attractive young female and you are a misogynist and a homosexual.

But she really doesn't care about athletics.

It's not her main focus. You graduate students who go on and make a good living. They are more likely to donate to UTEP money goes to scholarships and goes to athletics. It not a over night process, but later UTEP will have more money to play with.

Reactions: minermx07
Dr. Natalcio isn't the problem. She is there to help UTEP gain in academic aspect. She is UTEP 's biggest supporter and she wants nothing more than the best interest of the university.

Great Great Grandma Natalicio is a big part of the problem, she has not fired Stull and Floyd.

How long can she work? Nothing good in the major athletic programs will transpire until she is gone. And it's not only about wins and losses it's about being enganged with the fanbase. Between Her Stull and Floyd we probably have the most stale arrogant detached dispassionate uninterested leaders of a major university's athletic program in the country.

How long can she work? Nothing good in the major athletic programs will transpire until she is gone. And it's not only about wins and losses it's about being enganged with the fanbase. Between Her Stull and Floyd we probably have the most stale arrogant detached dispassionate uninterested leaders of a major university's athletic program in the country.
I have finally relented on my keep Floyd stance, but I take exception to your remark about not being engaged with the fans. Floyd impressed my friend and I one day when he stopped while we were entering the ticket office to thank us, introduce himself and shake our hands. We chatted for a while talking about players and past and future games. He was in no hurry to run off; obviously enjoying the chat. I encountered Barbee once and he was outright rude and agitated when I greeted him in front of the Haskins Center. Had no interest in any engagement.

With all due respect Sir I see your point about Coach Floyd and no doubt when he does engage he is very personable and friendly especially if your from the Coach Haskins era not disputing that the problem is in general since he has arrived here if we don't see him at the haskins center we dont see him at all. No golf tournaments no fundraisers no community outreach no radio appearances no tv appearances pretty much nothing at all unless it's to say don't ask any questions I'll tell you what I want to tell you when I want to tell you. Now that the natives are restless there seems to be some softening and thats for everyone to determine individually if they accept that or not but he has not embraced us since he got here as much as we have embraced him.

Reactions: unihorn
Dr. Natalcio won't fire any of the coaches. You can tell by the way Floyd acts in front the media. You could tell when Winn left, he said whatever and came off negative about the whole situation. Floyd knows he won't be fired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT