ADVERTISEMENT

ASN...

shyminer81

MI Hall of Famer
May 22, 2006
Vancouver Washington
Sucks! Last year I was able to watch many many games on ASN! This year, so far, No showing in the Portland area and no streaming online! I wish we had a deal with ESPN! At least we would get the stream on espn3, which is a decent quality...

Ok.

So.

My rant is over. :)

Go Miners!

We arent on ESPN because Fox overpaid for cusa rights. Thats whats taking so long for the new tv deal to be announced. CUSA will be lucky to get half what the last tv deal was worth. I would rather we not be on ESPN because we would have tuesday and wednesday games. ESPN3 is not worth midweek games.

Just stating the facts.

Big 12 and PAC 12 also have Fox contracts, that is a fact. Good conferences with top 25 teams sign tv deals outside of ESPN too, that is a fact. Stating that its funny UTEP isnt on ESPN is an opinion. An opinion with very little weight, fact, or substance behind it.

We arent on ESPN because Fox overpaid for cusa rights. Thats whats taking so long for the new tv deal to be announced. CUSA will be lucky to get half what the last tv deal was worth. I would rather we not be on ESPN because we would have tuesday and wednesday games. ESPN3 is not worth midweek games.

ESPN3 doesn't have midweek games- those games are on ESPN and ESPN2.

Big 12 and PAC 12 also have Fox contracts, that is a fact. Good conferences with top 25 teams sign tv deals outside of ESPN too, that is a fact. Stating that its funny UTEP isnt on ESPN is an opinion. An opinion with very little weight, fact, or substance behind it.

The fact is Conference USA doesn't have an ESPN contract. What don't you get?

CUSA got more money, more games on tv, and didn't have to play midweek games with its joint deals with Fox and CBS. It was a better deal for the conference. NMSU and the Sun Belt would trade their tv deals for ours in a second.

Just stating the facts.

Dog shit smells more horrible on a hot summer day as compared to a fall drizzle, too. Just stating a fact! Really Chi?!

FOX offered more games on TV than ESPN did. FOX always goes into NFL headquarters during contract negotiations and adds more zero's on the check as compared to ESPN, CBS and NBC Sports.

Dog shit smells more horrible on a hot summer day as compared to a fall drizzle, too. Just stating a fact! Really Chi?!

FOX offered more games on TV than ESPN did. FOX always goes into NFL headquarters during contract negotiations and adds more zero's on the check as compared to ESPN, CBS and NBC Sports.

I was stating a fact the the Sun Belt has an ESPN contract and Conference USA doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT