ADVERTISEMENT

Attention Moderator

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
First, if you're new, welcome to MinerDigs, and if you're a long time poster who recently took over the job, congratulations. I have to be honest and say that I prefer for the board to moderate itself, but there are a number of posters on here that prefer the board to be moderated, and will be happy that you're here doing the job.

It's obvious that some threads have been recently deleted. From what we can tell it's recent political threads that received the axe. While I am not personally a fan of this decision, I'm happy that it wasn't all OT threads that were removed. There hasn't been any NCAA sports since March, including Miner sports, and this board would have been a ghost town without OT posts.

I am going to ask a favor of you. Please post the guidelines as to what is and isn't allowed on this board. Preferable to that would be a discussion as to what should and shouldn't be allowed on the board, informing your decisions as what to cut and what to leave. Either way, it would be nice for us, the posters on this board, to know what is and isn't allowed.

A couple of suggestions:

1. As long as a thread is labeled correctly, please don't delete it unless it contains truly objectionable material
2. Cut with a scalpel and not a chainsaw. If a thread contains posts that you find objectionable, please delete just those posts and not the entire thread

Thanks for your time. I hope that we can have some discussions so that we can determine, or at least understand, the new rules of this board.

I agree. I think the moderator should post when he does stuff like this. It banned the “AutographBoy” and I believe that is unfair without public warnings. As I would want for any other poster.

If you don’t like OT posts, don’t open them or respond.

I just looked at the Forum Guidlines post from 2017, a set of guidelines that hasn't been enforced in quite a while, if ever. WordMiner, if you are now starting to enforce these rules I have to ask about this one:

• No political threads of any kind, only acceptable threads are OT posts related to sports or El Paso, Texas, New Mexico or other local topics of conversations, pop culture threads will be reviewed so tread lightly please.
I have to ask: why are you so restrictive on OT posts? If they're clearly labeled OT, then I don't understand the problem, as long as it doesn't violate any of the other rules. Board members will know that it's OT going in, and the title will let them know if it's about politics, El Paso, NM, the latest movies, the pandemic, the NBA, or any other topic. And they should be able to decide for themselves whether or not it's something they want to read. The problem is that the more you limit OT topics, the fewer threads you will have during the slow times. And in this year especially there have been a lot of slow times.

You're the mod, and I'll still post no matter what, but I really hope that we can have an open discussion on what should be allowed on this board.

How do we self moderate someone that openly admits they will respond to every comment in every thread of certain posters with pictures of men?

That’s harassment. Not only on the targeted posters but everyone else that visits the site.

I just looked at the Forum Guidlines post from 2017, a set of guidelines that hasn't been enforced in quite a while, if ever. WordMiner, if you are now starting to enforce these rules I have to ask about this one:

• No political threads of any kind, only acceptable threads are OT posts related to sports or El Paso, Texas, New Mexico or other local topics of conversations, pop culture threads will be reviewed so tread lightly please.
I have to ask: why are you so restrictive on OT posts? If they're clearly labeled OT, then I don't understand the problem, as long as it doesn't violate any of the other rules. Board members will know that it's OT going in, and the title will let them know if it's about politics, El Paso, NM, the latest movies, the pandemic, the NBA, or any other topic. And they should be able to decide for themselves whether or not it's something they want to read. The problem is that the more you limit OT topics, the fewer threads you will have during the slow times. And in this year especially there have been a lot of slow times.

You're the mod, and I'll still post no matter what, but I really hope that we can have an open discussion on what should be allowed on this board.

I agree. As with any title post on the board, it’s your option to open and respond to it. I would likely not open a post titled “UTEP track ranked #10”, because I don’t care about track. Same with “OT: Hot pics of Rosie O’Donnell inside”. Unless the titles are misleading, what’s the big problem?

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I agree. As with any title post on the board, it’s your option to open and respond to it. I would likely not open a post titled “UTEP track ranked #10”, because I don’t care about track. Same with “OT: Hot pics of Rosie O’Donnell inside”. Unless the titles are misleading, what’s the big problem?

knock off your political posts

I have no problem with the former Autograph Boy. I used to enjoy going round and round with him back in the day. Eventually, everyone starts screaming to ban him. Fair or not. Why is it though, as soon as he is banned again, the same people thst were calling for his head start acting like him?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I have no problem with the former Autograph Boy. I used to enjoy going round and round with him back in the day. Eventually, everyone starts screaming to ban him. Fair or not. Why is it though, as soon as he is banned again, the same people thst were calling for his head start acting like him?

Because he reappears under a new name.

I agree. I think the moderator should post when he does stuff like this. It banned the “AutographBoy” and I believe that is unfair without public warnings. As I would want for any other poster.

If you don’t like OT posts, don’t open them or respond.
He'll be back under another name anyways, if not already

Last edited:
Bewbs allowed? j/k
TeTKN3a.gif

No politics

No religion

No trolls
These are the basic rules along with the post I created in 2017. This is a sports forum, politics is a polarizing topic right now so why not have a space where we can just talk UTEP sports and other sports and local things, this has become a UTEP and El Paso topic based forum, the best around, but politics get ugly and especially now, most just want a space to focus on UTEP and other sports related topics from the feedback from the reports I reviewed all day yesterday. OT topics are not completely banned I let alot of stuff slide because there were no sports or anything for months and now that there is a season time to tighten things back up, and yes they will be dissected and not chainsawed as long as its tasteful and not derailing or becomes infested with trolling. If the season is canceled due to COVID, we can go back to way more OT topics that have nothing to do with sports, and even have an election day thread, but if UTEP is still playing football on the week of November 3rd, then the focus on this board should be UTEP and who they might lose to in CUSA play, go to Twitter if you want to spread your politics hot takes, just not here please. The spotted dick OT topic is a perfect example of a good OT thread, a thread of why Trump is a POS, or Biden can't talk or is funded by George Soros will get you banned, plain and simple, NO POLITICS, if you make a comment in reference to politics on a thread and it turns into a derailed thread about politics, you will be warned or possibly banned based on reports. Lastly, this YOUR forum so I will be listening to your feedback more often now, not gonna be a dictator or try to ruin this board or just kick people off for saying something I personally don't like, you report it, I will judge if its over the line and warrants any action or are you just being soft and got triggered from a good take. On the topic of no warnings, there were over 300 posts/threads that were reported, over 100 from the same person going back to 2018 and those were all valid reports based on the rules I crafted in 2017, you personally attack someone, you drop a slur, or crude pics, derail thread, you're gone, if you violate any of the rules I posted in 2017, you will be warned once, then after that you run the risk of getting banned. Lets just be grown adults who love UTEP, El Paso, and Sports, not that hard guys. GO MINERS!

Last edited:
I didn't think people used that report button. I bet I know who reported 100 post since 2018 and yesterday another account popped up that was created in 2018 that hadn't been used since. I wonder who that is?

These are the basic rules along with the post I created in 2017. This is a sports forum, politics is a polarizing topic right now so why not have a space where we can just talk UTEP sports and other sports and local things, this has become a UTEP and El Paso topic based forum, the best around, but politics get ugly and especially now, most just want a space to focus on UTEP and other sports related topics from the feedback from the reports I reviewed all day yesterday. OT topics are not completely banned I let alot of stuff slide because there were no sports or anything for months and now that there is a season time to tighten things back up, and yes they will be dissected and not chainsawed as long as its tasteful and not derailing or becomes infested with trolling. If the season is canceled due to COVID, we can go back to way more OT topics that have nothing to do with sports, and even have an election day thread, but if UTEP is still playing football on the week of November 3rd, then the focus on this board should be UTEP and who they might lose to in CUSA play, go to Twitter if you want to spread your politics hot takes, just not here please. The spotted dick OT topic is a perfect example of a good OT thread, a thread of why Trump is a POS, or Biden can't talk or is funded by George Soros will get you banned, plain and simple, NO POLITICS, if you make a comment in reference to politics on a thread and it turns into a derailed thread about politics, you will be warned or possibly banned based on reports. Lastly, this YOUR forum so I will be listening to your feedback more often now, not gonna be a dictator or try to ruin this board or just kick people off for saying something I personally don't like, you report it, I will judge if its over the line and warrants any action or are you just being soft and got triggered from a good take. On the topic of no warnings, there were over 300 posts/threads that were reported, over 100 from the same person going back to 2018 and those were all valid reports based on the rules I crafted in 2017, you personally attack someone, you drop a slur, or crude pics, derail thread, you're gone, if you violate any of the rules I posted in 2017, you will be warned once, then after that you run the risk of getting banned. Lets just be grown adults who love UTEP, El Paso, and Sports, not that hard guys. GO MINERS!

Glad to have you moderating, Word. I’ll do my best to behave. Here are rules from a paid Rivals board FYI (if link works for non-subscribers):

https://texas.rivals.com/news/inside-the-forty-acres-community-rules

Reactions: JCorona
I’m hopeful this board stays on track and the MOD keeps posts focused on UTEP sports. Nothing wrong with OT post as long as they have some kind of connection to the city.

No politics

No religion

No trolls
I was thinking about it and I gotta give you respect. I know every active poster’s political leanings except yours.

Those were the good old days when everyone kept their political beliefs to themselves or at least out of a sports forum.

If you all are really good friends and want to discuss every political revelation in real time why not start a slack chat or arrange for all of you to meet at a political board?

Almost everyone I like from here is a friend on social media. We have a lot of offline conversations about non UTEP subjects.

Thanks for the response. At least the rules have been made clear. Now onto UTEP sports, and hoping that this year is MUCH, MUCH better than the last several.

Thanks for the response. At least the rules have been made clear. Now onto UTEP sports, and hoping that this year is MUCH, MUCH better than the last several.

I don’t mean to pry Maniac, and by no means will I be offended if you don’t want to post something so personal to you, but I’ve been wondering how your son is. I hope by now the healing process has become more apparent.

I don’t mean to pry Maniac, and by no means will I be offended if you don’t want to post something so personal to you, but I’ve been wondering how your son is. I hope by now the healing process has become more apparent.

Thanks FanatiCoog, I really appreciate your concern. As I don't want to hijack this thread I am going to move over to my original thread, "OT: COVID 19's Effects Can Be Far Reaching", and post a reply there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT