Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F*%k the Refs

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
How is everyone feeling about this game? Do we clinch the bye in the tournament or are we going to leave it in WKU hands to do it for us?

I want us to win and hit the 7,000+ in attendance to beat ODU for conference attendance leaders.

Reactions: Ddp915
Not looking sharp. Flags hurting us on both ends of the court. Wish Touchet would look for his shot. Passes everything up if he doesn't have 5 feet between himself and the defender.

Willms and Jones looking strong. PT's tomahawk was nasty! Artis looks like he's on cruise control just waiting to take over at any moment.

Fortunately, Charlotte has been poor from the stripe and isn't very good defensively. Hope we just break this thing open early in the 2nd.

I'm seeing on the other scores that ODU is losing to UTSA. Who would win the third seed if say UTEP, ODU and RICE all finished at 12-6?

Mission accomplished by clinching a bye in the CUSA tournament. We will most likely play RICE in the quarterfinals. Unless they lose to USM in the 5/12 matchup. Both times USM played RICE close losing by 3 and 1. There could be an early upset.

After a 2-13 start, to have clinched a #4 seed and first round bye in the C-USA Tournament is nothing short of miraculous. The Miners are a legitimate threat to steal the auto bid and represent C-USA in The Dance. PICKS UP!

I am so impressed by the Miners and the coaching, what a great turnaround! Awesome job, and Touchet has also stepped it up, so big kudos to him... The list goes on, but it's been a team effort, starting with the leader DA!

Thank you UTSA... I feel a lil better!
Did you read the ODU fans claiming they don't care about the game? I know I would be a little worried losing by 20 to a team with a losing record heading into the CUSA tournament.

Frustrating game, every time it seemed we were on the crusp of breaking it open, it seemed like we'd get careless or refs took over. If refs had let them play, we'd have blown them out.

and beat UTEP
giphy.gif

Reactions: mikesarabia
With the flow of the game, I thought Jones should've been in more down the stretch. Willms is much more polished offensively, but Jones is so much more athletic and was our biggest contibutor for a 6-8 minute stretch before he got pulled. Also felt like CTF stayed with Flags far too long today. He was just off.
I was never worried today, but I wish we would have played cleaner heading into the tourney.

Don't get me wrong, though. I am amazed at the turn around this season and am beyond thrilled that we have a first round bye. If we get Rice, we will have to play more flaw free to get by them a second time, imo.

Also, shout out to Omega for his 28 and 10 performance. He has been quietly HUGE this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT