ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Johnson

Avery Johnson
Damon Stoudamire

I give you Kevin Ollie, though he is going to get run out of town this season.

Hurley barely had a NBA career and he's currently 4-6 in P12 play.

Avery Johnson? 2 NITs at Bama and a solid year so far this year? That's one of your better examples?

Damon Stoudamire? I said excelled as a college coach, not just got a college job. Have you seen his record at Pacific? You would be okay with Damon being named HC at UTEP?

Reactions: El Paso 777
Good for them. Still dead last in Big East play and will be lucky to be considered for the NIT.
When you have wins over #3 Villanova and #12 Duke all you need is to finish .500 and you most likely host an NIT game.

My money is on someone we don’t know. I love speculating but no one saw Dimmel coming. And not to discredit anyone but we heard a lot of speculation and a lot of “I’ve heard from people in the know.”
Agreed it's too early, just names I've heard at this point. Dimel was out of left field no on had that name.

I give you Kevin Ollie, though he is going to get run out of town this season.

Hurley barely had a NBA career and he's currently 4-6 in P12 play.

Avery Johnson? 2 NITs at Bama and a solid year so far this year? That's one of your better examples?

Damon Stoudamire? LMAO. I said excelled as a college coach, not just got a college job. Have you seen his record at Pacific? You would be okay with Damon being named HC at UTEP?

Yeah but Hurley was a popular player and i think he counts even though he stank it up in the NBA. But I think Greg Foster would be good he was actually and assistant and has put in work. Isnt he from Oakland?? He would be able to recruit the Oakland area. Also if im not mistaken wasnt it Foster who got Vince Hunter? I think UTEP recruiting took a ht when he left. If anything i would like Senter to at least interview Foster. The only thing that i would worry if Foster got the job is if he would keep Phil Johnson around??

Agreed it's too early, just names I've heard at this point. Dimel was out of left field no on had that name.
What makes you think your sources have any clue what Senter has planned? They sure the hell didn't when Dimel was hired.

Cause they've been right 80% of the time. I stated my thoughts rn are EanchSa based on what I've heard or Forbes, but that could change. Look, it's not gonna hold water til season ends, I'm simply saying names that have been mentioned.

I can’t give specifics but I feel like you’re not hitting 4-5.
Lol, as long as I'm hitting 8-10 and I can give specifics. Most recently I called the 3 finalists a month before being announced for AD. I stated Lisa Campos was in the lead and she was, til she took UTSA and I stated it wouldn't be Park. As a matter a fact, besides Senter, I don't know that I've been off really on much I've said. I don't have time, but your more than welcome to research the Archives LoL

I'm pretty sure I heard those 3 finalists on sportstalk before you posted here.

You were right about Campos being the favorite? You sure about that? When was that info made public? Since neither off us have proof, I am willing to bet she wasn't and bolted at a sure thing....just a guess though...

Your inside sources are no more accurate than mine. Kappy doesn't even get the scoop anymore....so get outta here with that nonsense

I'm pretty sure I heard those 3 finalists on sportstalk before you posted here.

You were right about Campos being the favorite? You sure about that? When was that info made public? Since neither off us have proof, I am willing to bet she wasn't and bolted at a sure thing....just a guess though...

Your inside sources are no more accurate than mine. Kappy doesn't even get the scoop anymore....so get outta here with that nonsense
Not true I had the finalists way before it was reported, but again your not gonna do the leg work haha. Point is I get info and I pass at.

You have proof you had the finalists before it was reported?
I could go back and yes I'm sure I posted it first. I'll check later when I have time. Anyway I don't have any finalists for the Bball HC job, it's way to early just names that have been thrown out and Barbee saying he'd love to come back, that's all!

Last edited:
Reactions: El Paso 777
I could go back and yes I'm sure I posted it first. I'll check later when I have time. Anyway I don't have any finalists for the Bball HC job, it's way to early just names that have been thrown out and Barbee saying he's love to come back, that's all!

Awesome. I am glad some people can reply respectfully!

Cause they've been right 80% of the time. I stated my thoughts rn are EanchSa based on what I've heard or Forbes, but that could change. Look, it's not gonna hold water til season ends, I'm simply saying names that have been mentioned.

Lol, as long as I'm hitting 8-10 and I can give specifics. Most recently I called the 3 finalists a month before being announced for AD. I stated Lisa Campos was in the lead and she was, til she took UTSA and I stated it wouldn't be Park. As a matter a fact, besides Senter, I don't know that I've been off really on much I've said. I don't have time, but your more than welcome to research the Archives LoL

I know that you were the one insisting that Floyd was going no where and would be here for a lot longer. That was not very accurate.
Yet, I do enjoy your speculations.

I know that you were the one insisting that Floyd was going no where and would be here for a lot longer. That was not very accurate.
Yet, I do enjoy your speculations.
Lol that's a lie hahaha, I was not happy with Floyd and was hoping he'd turn things around and only thing I said was it's early in the season let's see how it plays out. You really need to get your Posters toge, you got me mixes up my man! Lol it's all good though we all make mistakes.

When you have wins over #3 Villanova and #12 Duke all you need is to finish .500 and you most likely host an NIT game.
No you will not. All that does is hurt Villanova and Duke. #1 to #4 seed to #2 to #6 and instead of getting a Horizon conference tourney princess you may now get Wichita State or Boise who can end your season in round one or two.

No you will not. All that does is hurt Villanova and Duke. #1 to #4 seed to #2 to #6 and instead of getting a Horizon conference tourney princess you may now get Wichita State or Boise who can end your season in round one or two.
I was going off history. Last season Clemson finished 17-16 and 12th in the ACC. They had wins over #22 and #13 and that was good enough to give them a #2 seed in the NIT.

I stand by my statement that if St Johns finishes .500 they will be in the NIT and possibly even host a game.

St. John's isn't even projected to be in NIT. They for sure wouldn't be hosting a game even if they got in.

St. John's isn't even projected to be in NIT. They for sure wouldn't be hosting a game even if they got in.
I provided my example above from last years NIT. I also provided a link to an article where they received a ton of praise for knocking out the #1 and #4 teams. Unless you can provide examples of teams from a power conference beating two top 5 teams, finishing .500, and not making the NIT this conversation is going nowhere.

I provided my example above from last years NIT. I also provided a link to an article where they received a ton of praise for knocking out the #1 and #4 teams. Unless you can provide examples of teams from a power conference beating two top 5 teams, finishing .500, and not making the NIT this conversation is going nowhere.

St.John's isn't predicted to make the NIT.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

St. John's MAY be lucky to get in if they continue to win, but I would very surprised if they hosted a game. Only time will tell to see what happens.

St.John's isn't predicted to make the NIT.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

St. John's MAY be lucky to get in if they continue to win, but I would very surprised if they hosted a game. Only time will tell to see what happens.
Ok this conversation is going nowhere. I provided facts that have occurred to back up my point and you provided a link to some blog. You might as well have linked a page to your personal twitter saying St. John’s isn’t making the NIT. Cuz they both hold the same amount of weight.

Ok this conversation is going nowhere. I provided facts that have occurred to back up my point and you provided a link to some blog. You might as well have linked a page to your personal twitter saying St. John’s isn’t making the NIT. Cuz they both hold the same amount of weight.

That blog is like Bracketology, except for the NIT. Obviously nobody knows who is going to get in, but I will trust that site over you.

We are just here stating our opinions. Nobody is right or wrong.

That blog is like Bracketology, except for the NIT. Obviously nobody knows who is going to get in, but I will trust that site over you.

We are just here stating our opinions. Nobody is right or wrong.
Those things change from game to game. Just because right now your blog says St John’s isn’t in doesn’t mean that’s the final word.

Last season after we started 2-13 not too many people thought we would make the CUSA tournament none the less earn a top four seed. But we went on a run and stunned the conference and ourselves. St John’s is on an impressive run right now. National media is taking notice. It’s not how you start but how you finish. And St John’s is heading to the end on fire.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ely-hot-streak-in-college-basketball-history/

I’ll stand by my statement. IF St John’s finishes .500 or better they will be in the NIT and might even host a game. I don’t need no stupid blog to confirm that.

Those things change from game to game. Just because right now your blog says St John’s isn’t in doesn’t mean that’s the final word.

Last season after we started 2-13 not too many people thought we would make the CUSA tournament none the less earn a top four seed. But we went on a run and stunned the conference and ourselves. St John’s is on an impressive run right now. National media is taking notice. It’s not how you start but how you finish. And St John’s is heading to the end on fire.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ely-hot-streak-in-college-basketball-history/

I’ll stand by my statement. IF St John’s finishes .500 or better they will be in the NIT and might even host a game. I don’t need no stupid blog to confirm that.

Well we will see if they host a game.

That's why I said the Kansas statement. In the end I am agreeing with you and plus NCAA committee members have publicly stated they do consider teams from the power conferences who have upset top 10 teams and finish conference play strong.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT