ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP - Berkeley Game

This cal team is not a bad team —- gonna see how they do the rest of the season
Ehh disagree, UTEP made them look bad for most of this game and Cal really couldn’t make shots most of the morning unless it was right at the rim as they were def bigger. Golding slowed things down at the 3 min mark and Cal had some breaks go their way during that final stretch to make it interesting, still a good win but I’ll be fading Cal against high-majors all year they are poverty for a high-major program.

“It's the first buzzer beater for the Orange and Blue since Alfred Hollins's tip-in to beat the clock in a 70-68 triumph against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 27, 2022.

UTEP, which secured its first win against a Power Five program since taking out Arizona State on the road, 76-63, on Dec. 16, 2020, is off to its best start in four years….”

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Great game to stay up and watch, to the last FREAKING SECOND! What a nice team win, and they hit their free throws! Had they not, they'd be 4-1... Props to Kalu, I like the way he defended, and stepped up! There was a time, when they zoomed in on Joe Golding, with a solid "deer in a headlight look" haha that was hilarious and creepy! Bradley will be a great test!

Last edited:
So they said they games pushed back 30 mins. Who’s still up and watching? Lol. I myself am. I think even with cal’s record their talent is probably better than ours. Remember how everyone bashed Golding recruiting, they’re not highly rated, so I’m sure cal has better players. I won’t be disappointed if they lose their first game together on the road. I think it’ll be a close one but I’m optimistic. Go Miners!

UTEP 75
Cal 70
Not too far from the actual final!

The Miners shot 37.7% from the field, 29.4% from deep, 80.5% from the stripe.

Aside from the elevated free throw percentage, the shooting was poor. There never seemed to be any flow to the offense. Neither offense to be fair. Too many whistles and long stoppages. It was ugly.

But…there is no way the Miners win this game a year ago. Last year it was hang in there, hang in there, hang in there, ahhh close but no cigar. Despite the shoddy play, to win a game like this was huge towards the identity of this team. It’s been a while since we could even say that the Miners have an identity.

Golding has these guys playing as a team. Seems to be minimal, if any, selfishness. They look like they’re having fun. It’s fun to watch again.

On to Bradley. Another good test to see where we are. Go Miners!!

The mention of Bradley sparks excitement for me. While they may lack the prestige of a P5 team, this squad is solid. They outplayed us in Golding's first year, and they've only improved since. Facing another conference champion, is a solid measure of our team's strength. If Golding secures this win, the hype is bound to escalate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT