ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP - Berkeley Game

We were the better team and it show all night. Cal made a couple of runs to get back into it several times. Miners tried to take the air out of the ball and shorten the game at the end. If Hardy makes a free throw we don’t have that ending. If the game goes to OT, UTEP pulls away because of Cal’s foul trouble vs UTEP’s depth.

Bradley plays a much different style. I think it’s a better style for UTEPs defense. We are too quick, we beat Bradley by 10

I made it to the under 8 timeout last night. In retrospect, since it's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I'm being useless anyway, maybe I should have stayed up and caught the ending.

To pile on, the refs were a flat out embarrassment. I'm glad those 500 people showed up to watch them blow their whistles like they were traffic cops.

Last edited:
We were the better team and it show all night. Cal made a couple of runs to get back into it several times. Miners tried to take the air out of the ball and shorten the game at the end. If Hardy makes a free throw we don’t have that ending. If the game goes to OT, UTEP pulls away because of Cal’s foul trouble vs UTEP’s depth.

Bradley plays a much different style. I think it’s a better style for UTEPs defense. We are too quick, we beat Bradley by 10
I agree, Cal made it ugly, and the ref's helped... UTEP should be able to shine on Wednesday. A win should not be a shocker, but again... Anything is possible.

I made it to the under 8 timeout last night. In retrospect, since it's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I'm being useless anyway, maybe I should have stayed up and caught the ending.

To pile on, the refs were a flat out embarrassment. I'm glad those 500 people showed up to watch them blow their whistles like they were a traffic cop.
Yes, Refs were straight trash and kept it close, at least UTEP made free throws. Also they penalized Utep for aggressive defensive the entire game, calling fouls on steals and clear blocks. Exciting As Hell game, minus the Refs!

Yes, Refs were straight trash and kept it close, at least UTEP made free throws. Also they penalized Utep for aggressive defensive the entire game, calling fouls on steals and clear blocks. Exciting As Hell game, minus the Refs!
SDSU is playing Cal there in a showcase game. If this crew is the same crew in that game, it will get extremely ugly. The whole SDSU team will foul out with the way they play defensively.

This officiating crew should be sent packing so the fans can actually enjoy a basketball game. They killed UTEP's flow all night.

SDSU is playing Cal there in a showcase game. If this crew is the same crew in that game, it will get extremely ugly. The whole SDSU team will foul out with the way they play defensively.

This officiating crew should be sent packing so the fans can actually enjoy a basketball game. They killed UTEP's flow all night.
I would add that the refs killed ALL flow last night. Cal couldn’t get into one either. I was almost hoping they would get into one so that UTEP could get into their’s, but that officiating crew had other ideas in mind.

I am appreciative that the calls weren’t one way at least. The refs sucked both ways. It just made for a tough game to watch and get into.

Always looking for a quick turnaround instead being a part of the turnaround. I'm thinking he and Z should have stayed, but that's life. Moving on...
Agree with all you said. I wish Z would’ve stayed too. I can understand his move tho. It was his first, and he was basically recruited…probably for a good chunk of change.

KK just keeps moving around. I doubt Cal was like, “we need Kennedy”. He probably just kind of filled a vacancy.

I like the way you put it, “looking for a quick turnaround instead of being part of the turnaround.” So true. Thank you Hardy, Solomon and Frazier.

What committee? There’s no at large coming from CUSA. This game and MTE is to continue to improve for March for the CUSA tourney, ain’t no resume building wins for the NIT or the dance anymore my guy 2Step the committee and NCAA has made that clear. stay healthy and improve from Nov-Feb and win the CUSA tournament in March bro. Sucks but it’s the truth. The final outcome of this team won’t be written until the CUSA tournament is over and either UTEP grabs the auto bid or is sent back home to the Foster Center.
It’s unfortunate, but Bigwood is right. It’s the environment college athletics is in and no matter what happens, the Miners will have to win the CUSA tournament.

Reactions: FedupMiner
It’s unfortunate, but Bigwood is right. It’s the environment college athletics is in and no matter what happens, the Miners will have to win the CUSA tournament.
This is for the most part correct unless a team makes a run like FAU and someone else wins the tournament. For instance, Liberty has some quality opponents to play still. If they were 27-3 or something like that and Utep or someone else won the tournament, yes there would be 2 bids. Problem is that's more than likely not gonna happen and alot of If's that are more fiction than reality probably.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT