ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry to UT?

Every year always something .... our athletics will always be a stepping stone now and that sucks ...

That is the Tim Floyd/Mike Price argument. It’s dumb. If we have a good coach and achieve success and they leave; that is better than retaining mediocre coaches and results. UTEP is a stepping stone program. Embrace it.

That is the Tim Floyd/Mike Price argument. It’s dumb. If we have a good coach and achieve success and they leave; that is better than retaining mediocre coaches and results. UTEP is a stepping stone program. Embrace it.
Yeap. "If other programs don't want our coaches then we have the wrong coaches." Something like that is what the UNT AD said.

It usually would say it makes total sense with all the transfers but that has happened very year 😂

Yeap. "If other programs don't want our coaches then we have the wrong coaches." Something like that is what the UNT AD said.

100%. As long as they’re not leaving for NMSU, UTSA, Ball St, La-Monroe, SJSU, etc. It hurt when Billy, Doc, and Barbee left, but they all went to bigger schools. Maybe one day a good coach will fall in love with El Paso and UTEP will pay them close to what they’re worth to stay, but that’s unlikely.

Terry’s silence confirms his interest in joining the staff at UT.
You think? I know I wouldn’t say shit until some kind of agreement is reached...or not. I don’t think he’s going to publicly confirm “interest” in a job until he has it in writing. Nor would he deny interest until it no longer is a possibility. Just my thoughts on it.

You think? I know I wouldn’t say shit until some kind of agreement is reached...or not. I don’t think he’s going to publicly confirm “interest” in a job until he has it in writing. Just my thoughts on it.

I look at it like he should say “I’m the UTEP head coach and not interested in being an assistant coach at this time”.

Introductory press conference is over. Nothing about any additional coaches joining his staff.

Chris Beard has set his own expectations. "To win Monday night."

He is staying
He is very stubborn. I could see him sinking with the ship. Then again this is a nice opportunity for him to go back to his roots and get a fresh start. Ogden is a wise man. He saw it wasn't working out in Arlington and took the job. Terry would be smart to follow. More money less responsibility and a chance to be part of something historic.

Reactions: NY/NJminer
So Beard took a million dollar a year pay cut to go to Austin. I knew he was coming back for the love of the city and the university.

I was in Lubbock last week, the people there were sure Beard was going to stay. They were wrong, hope we aren’t. I wish we could say adios to Terry today. By the way don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out Terry.!

Home is home, homie.

Look, I could be wrong, but I’m just not feeling it.

Beard is looking at kicking some ass for the next 10 years. I think he wants young, hungry coaches.

Terry is on the downside of his career.

The longer this goes with no word I'm becoming increasingly worried Terry is using this to negotiate a raise an extension. It seems like a preposterous idea. However, we all know Senter is an idiot. Any other AD in the country would tell Terry to GTFO. We all know Senter is f***** stupid. I hope to hell I wrong but this is something so insanely stupid that it's right in Senter's wheelhouse.

Terry is probably using the rumors to fool Senter into giving him a huge raise. Senter is incompetent enough to boost his salary to 800k.

With Senter, it just might work:

CircularAncientEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: kickballpro
Terry is probably using the rumors to fool Senter into giving him a huge raise. Senter is incompetent enough to boost his salary to 800k.
Haha. I can already imagine the press conference. "It wasn't easy to outbid Texas but I'm proud to announce we have signed Terry to a lifetime contract and new salary that will see him as one of the highest paid coaches outside the power conferences." - Senter

Miner fans all around the world 🙄

Haha. I can already imagine the press conference. "It wasn't easy to outbid Texas but I'm proud to announce we have signed Terry to a lifetime contract and new salary that will see him as one of the highest paid coaches outside the power conferences." - Senter

Miner fans all around the world 🙄
.....and lifetime lease from Porsche of El Paso or Land Rover or Jaguar, you get the point. Hey why not? Price got the same and he chose a Hummer at the time.

Seems to me the longer this thing drags out, the more likely CRT is to stay put. Get that damn contract signed, UT.
Beard must be thinking to himself why the f*ck did I even offer him this opportunity. From listening to his press conference he seems like a guy you don't make wait. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on before Terry says no.

Beard must be thinking to himself why the f*ck did I even offer him this opportunity. From listening to his press conference he seems like a guy you don't make wait. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on before Terry says no.
Do we know that he offered? I thought this was speculation the whole time. Either way, Terry is in a very situation at UTEP now.

Do we know that he offered? I thought this was speculation the whole time. Either way, Terry is in a very situation at UTEP now.
Odds are he did. They have a close friendship from what I've read. The speculation came from outside EP. So it's not just wishful thinking from local media and fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT