ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

Does Tech land Mac McLung today?? Would be a huge get for them. I we get to keep playing them somehow.

I am shocked at Jans taking a chance on this guy? IMO, another classic high risk-high reward player or a headache for the head coach. Great size and an assassin from the arc for Utah. Has inside and outside game and can play in the NBA; however, that's where the problems start. According to Utah fishwrap he was 6th man of the year and promising but discipline problems off and on the court started developing and he and Utes parted ways:

"Tillman will transfer into a UNLV program that includes former Ute assistant coach DeMarlo Slocum.......Tillman’s apparent dissatisfaction with coach Larry Krystkowiak’s program. Former teammates, though, don’t understand why he would leave Utah when the 2019-20 roster was designed to showcase him for a potential NBA career..........Krystkowiak's taking him out of the starting lineup in mid-December, due to off-court issues such as being late for meetings and academic appointments."

At UNLV

"Problems arose early for Tillman, a Michigan native who played his high school ball at Findlay Prep. He was chronically late for team events — a source said there were more than 10 instances of tardiness — and he was eventually disciplined by being yanked from the starting lineup for UNLV’s game at Cincinnati on Nov. 30."

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/apr/30/donnie-tillman-transferring-from-unlv-after-one-se/

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2019/07/29/ute-forward-donnie/

Reactions: Minerinciter
So I think we get the Florida schools, Charlotte and MTSU at home this year. We need to stay undefeated at home and start winning a few road games.

I still don’t understand how they’re going to determine the five closest schools. For us it’s UNT, RICE, UTSA, LT, and USM.

For schools like LT and USM they have closer options than UTEP.

What concerns me is that this plays into USM/UAB push to literally divide the league. Now, in politics this has opposite returns because angry voters will elect people or vote on policies that actually are detrimental to them later on down the line. This is the case with USM and UAB. They want and are pushing to divide the league and may end up with just a ULM, Georgia State, ULL; aka Sun Belt 2.0. They are better off staying put, shut up with "opinions" in the southern fish wraps of what you all think is best for CUSA and go out and WIN SOMETHING and increase academic profile. You know, like what Utah did to go from mid major to PAC 12.

What concerns me is that this plays into USM/UAB push to literally divide the league. Now, in politics this has opposite returns because angry voters will elect people or vote on policies that actually are detrimental to them later on down the line. This is the case with USM and UAB. They want and are pushing to divide the league and may end up with just a ULM, Georgia State, ULL; aka Sun Belt 2.0. They are better off staying put, shut up with "opinions" in the southern fish wraps of what you all think is best for CUSA and go out and WIN SOMETHING and increase academic profile. You know, like what Utah did to go from mid major to PAC 12.

Schools can’t go and form their own conference anymore. UAB and USM can’t get 10 other CUSA schools, and take all of CUSA’s NCAA auto bids with them, just to leave UTEP and someone else. There’s nothing to stop the Sun Belt from inviting 12 CUSA teams and leaving UTEP, but that’s very unlikely.

Yeah, instead he could be playing in front of 500 people in Boca Raton and still not be playing in the NCAA tournament. Now he has to suffer and play in front of Big 12 crowds and not making the tournament either. Tough choice!
Pretty sure this situation would qualify for a transfer waiver to wherever.

Reactions: axingfools1
Yeah, instead he could be playing in front of 500 people in Boca Raton and still not be playing in the NCAA tournament. Now he has to suffer and play in front of Big 12 crowds and not making the tournament either. Tough choice!
Add Issac to last years squad and it’s easily conference champions.

My basketball IQ is fine. Your logic isn’t.
You’re right having a natural pg lead the team that starts in the big 12 instead of sg that ended up transferring to a conference worse than the wac, wouldn’t have made a difference. Terry sucks for life.

You’re right having a natural pg lead the team that starts in the big 12 instead of sg that ended up transferring to a conference worse than the wac, wouldn’t have made a difference. Terry sucks for life.

Putting words in my mouth again. I said we wouldn’t have been champs. He would have made a difference, but I would guess not +10 places.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT