ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

Putting words in my mouth again. I said we wouldn’t have been champs. He would have made a difference, but I would guess not +10 places.
You’re acting like 10 places is 20 games behind the champion. We lost 6 conference games by 2 possessions. It’s not that illogical to think a true pg that starts in the big 12 could have been the difference in those games.

You’re acting like 10 places is 20 games behind the champion. We lost 6 conference games by 2 possessions. It’s not that illogical to think a true pg that starts in the big 12 could have been the difference in those games.

It is when they didn’t beat a CUSA team with a winning record and the only non-12,13,14th place team they beat was UTSA at home; which they needed a miracle comeback to do so.

The team was as mediocre as you can get. Add Isaac and the best 3 point shooter in college last year and I would consider your statement to be somewhat valid.

Last edited:
There will be defections. They have a top 10 class. Cunningham is probably stuck as a one and done since they hired his brother Cannen.

The Curb Event Center is a multipurpose arena on the campus of Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. The facility was completed in 2003. It is the home venue of Belmont's men's and women's basketball and volleyball teams and hosted the 2004 and 2005 Atlantic Sun Conference men's basketball tournaments. Wikipedia

Capacity: 5,085

Opened: September 8, 2003

God I hope that writer is wrong. That is pathetic and bush league. This conference just keeps getting worse and worse. Flights for El Paso fans got more expensive and CUSA fans will have to compete with SEC fans for hotels and rental cars.

Meanwhile, flights to a certain athletic conference in the west, are cheaper and shorter than those to Nashville.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
God I hope that writer is wrong. That is pathetic and bush league. This conference just keeps getting worse and worse. Flights for El Paso fans got more expensive and CUSA fans will have to compete with SEC fans for hotels and rental cars.

Meanwhile, flights to a certain athletic conference in the west, are cheaper and shorter than those to Nashville.
As oppose to competition with PAC12 and MW fans? Do you ever think of what you say or just write the first shit take that comes to mind?

I also checked flight exactly three months from now, that’s usually how much time we have to plan a conference tournament trip. It turns out that flights to Las Vegas are around the same price. I actually found a $100 flight to Nashville. The cheapest flight to Las Vegas is $114.

I don’t understand how switching to a more central location and playing in actual basketball arena is bush league. Sounds to me like you just want to always bitch about something.

Last edited:
As oppose to competition with PAC12 and MW fans? Do you ever think of what you say or just write the first shit take that comes to mind?

I do. Please look up amount of hotel rooms in Las Vegas and compare it to Nashville. Report back and see if your complaint is still valid.

I also checked flight exactly three months from now, that’s usually how much time we have to plan a conference tournament trip. It turns out that flights to Las Vegas are around the same price. I actually found a $100 flight to Nashville. The cheapest flight to Las Vegas is $114.

I don’t understand how switching to a more central location and playing in actual basketball arena is bush league. Sounds to me like you just want to always bitch about something.

The flights to Nashville are considerably longer for El Paso fans.

Switching locations, might be fine for most of the league, but it sucks for UTEP fans in El Paso. Why do you care about the other teams fans? You’re not an AD or CUSA commissioner, so your concern should be UTEP fans, not UAB or Marshall fans.

It holds 5,000 and is the home court of a private, Christian college. Does the MWC hold their conference championship in a 5,000 seat arena? How about the A-10? Missouri Valley? AAC? Even the Sun Belt holds their championship game in a NBA arena. That is why it’s bush league. Small conferences hold their championships in venues like that.

I do. Please look up amount of hotel rooms in Las Vegas and compare it to Nashville. Report back and see if your complaint is still valid.
There’s more hotels available in Las Vegas. I don’t have a complaint, you do. There is close to 50k hotel rooms available in the Nashville area. Assuming 20k sec fans booked rooms there’s still 30k rooms available for the 2-4k CUSA fans.

Sorry if this was reported already.

"Kansas State forward Kaosi Ezeagu, a midseason transfer from UTEP, has received a waiver from the NCAA that will make him eligible to play immediately for the Wildcats.

The 6-foot-10, 245-pound Ezeagu played as a true freshman for UTEP during the 2018-19 season but was redshirting last year before enrolling at K-State in January and sitting out. He will have three full years of eligibility remaining for the Wildcats.

“We are excited for Kaosi that he was able to gain this waiver and become immediately eligible,” K-State coach Bruce Weber said in a statement. “When we signed him, I thought he filled a big need, giving us an older, experienced big guy that has played Division I basketball.

“He made big strides on the court and in the weight room this past semester and helped raise the physicality and competitive spirit in practice. He really helped push (departing senior) Mak (Mawien) down the stretch. We are appreciative to Coach (Rodney) Terry, his staff and UTEP for supporting this waiver.”

Ezeagu, who was born in the Bahamas, played in all 29 games of the 2018-19 season for UTEP, including starts in the last seven, and averaged 3.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 0.8 blocked shots. His 59.6 field goal percentage and 24 blocks led the team and he scored a season-high 12 points in a March game against East Tennessee State.

Before enrolling at UTEP, Ezeagu attended GTA Prep at Mississauga Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, where he averaged 11.4 points and 10.4 rebounds per game in 2017-18. He was ranked as one of the top high school players in Canada.

As the only player in his league to average a double-double, Ezeagu was named defensive player of the year by the National Preparatory Association and was chosen co-MVP of the Signature All-Canadian Showcase.

K-State lost starting post player Mawien to graduation, while backups Levi Stockard and Nigel Shadd entered the NCAA transfer portal after the season. But Weber brought in a talented recruiting class of two junior college transfers and five high school players that was ranked No. 17 nationally by Rivals and 30th by 247Sports."

https://www.hutchnews.com/sports/20200527/k-states-ezeagu-gets-ncaa-waiver

Sorry if this was reported already.

"Kansas State forward Kaosi Ezeagu, a midseason transfer from UTEP, has received a waiver from the NCAA that will make him eligible to play immediately for the Wildcats.

The 6-foot-10, 245-pound Ezeagu played as a true freshman for UTEP during the 2018-19 season but was redshirting last year before enrolling at K-State in January and sitting out. He will have three full years of eligibility remaining for the Wildcats.

“We are excited for Kaosi that he was able to gain this waiver and become immediately eligible,” K-State coach Bruce Weber said in a statement. “When we signed him, I thought he filled a big need, giving us an older, experienced big guy that has played Division I basketball.

“He made big strides on the court and in the weight room this past semester and helped raise the physicality and competitive spirit in practice. He really helped push (departing senior) Mak (Mawien) down the stretch. We are appreciative to Coach (Rodney) Terry, his staff and UTEP for supporting this waiver.”

Ezeagu, who was born in the Bahamas, played in all 29 games of the 2018-19 season for UTEP, including starts in the last seven, and averaged 3.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 0.8 blocked shots. His 59.6 field goal percentage and 24 blocks led the team and he scored a season-high 12 points in a March game against East Tennessee State.

Before enrolling at UTEP, Ezeagu attended GTA Prep at Mississauga Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of Toronto, where he averaged 11.4 points and 10.4 rebounds per game in 2017-18. He was ranked as one of the top high school players in Canada.

As the only player in his league to average a double-double, Ezeagu was named defensive player of the year by the National Preparatory Association and was chosen co-MVP of the Signature All-Canadian Showcase.

K-State lost starting post player Mawien to graduation, while backups Levi Stockard and Nigel Shadd entered the NCAA transfer portal after the season. But Weber brought in a talented recruiting class of two junior college transfers and five high school players that was ranked No. 17 nationally by Rivals and 30th by 247Sports."

https://www.hutchnews.com/sports/20200527/k-states-ezeagu-gets-ncaa-waiver
Of course he did. He was a redshirt. He should have stayed. He was outrecrutied at K-State as mentioned above.

If he does turn out to be a player then Terry is gonna be kicking himself for going after Vila. Same story with Stroud and Archie.

So the top 100 Net Rankings include 100% of the Big East, Big 12, and Big 10. All but 2 of the Pac 12 and ACC. And they say the cards aren't stacked against the smaller conferences.

That was why it was so incredible for SDSU last year to be number 1 in the net rankings for most of the season.

It’s because they hadn’t lost and had road/neutral site wins over BYU, Creighton, Iowa, and Utah

Moron.

The national sports media from coast to coast (and he's part of it despite his denial) have to be either exceptionally insensitive or that viscerally unaware of the country they live in? I can't stomach the crap I see in national sports news post Covid19. Their agents or publicists need to slap them and tell them to deal with Covid-19 realities and stop with "...but its the media".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT