ADVERTISEMENT

Cowing enters portal

I left a company cuz I didn't like the schedule. 3am - 12pm. That company put my foot in the door of the industry.

I believe in doing what's best for yourself and your family. I'm not going to be unhappy just to show someone loyalty that would replace me in a heartbeat if someone better came along. Life is too short and time never returns.
Oops, I was just kidding. Hope you didn’t take it personally.

The Athletic lists Jacob Cowing as the 3rd best player in the Portal.

3. WR Jacob Cowing, UTEP

If you haven’t seen Cowing play, you’re missing out. The electric 5-foot-11, 170-pound playmaker was one of the most prolific wideouts in college football this season. He hauled in 69 catches for 1,367 yards (which ranked No. 8 in the FBS) and scored eight touchdowns. Cowing averaged 19.8 yards per catch, and his seven receptions of 50-plus yards were second-most nationally.

The first-team All-Conference USA performer led UTEP in receiving in each of his three seasons. Not bad for a two-star steal out of Maricopa, Ariz. This second recruitment is going quite differently. Arizona and Arizona State have both offered this time, but Cowing’s first dozen offers also included the likes of Florida, LSU and Oregon.

well-waiting.gif

Reactions: mikesarabia
I don’t blame any of the players transferring, just hope they realize the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I’m sure there are a ton of reasons to. Leave. But most are here to get an education. At least I hope that’s why they are in college.

Reactions: EMA884 and picks up
Oops, I was just kidding. Hope you didn’t take it personally.
Of course not. There's no loyalty in the NFL or in the workplace. How many times have we heard of someone getting laid off after 20 years at a company cuz a younger person will do your job for less pay?

Everyone should do what's in their best interest without thinking they owe anyone anything.

He'd be much farther from his son, but I guess he'll do what he thinks is best for his NFL career.

Leslie was a Miner and Cowing. They should always be welcomed back with open arms.

Marshall fans not blaming their qb for leaving. “Program on the decline”? Well, you fired Doc you pendejos!

I saw the same and was disappointed. While UofA is closer to home for him, it isn't exactly a national power in football. I don't know what benefit Cowing saw in this move but I do wish him the best.
Benefit is much better resources and closer to his son that'll now only be 90 min away. Also, Jedd Fisch is really cleaver at get dudes in space. He's going to be used in a much greater variety than just running streaks. Out of all of his top five Arizona would be the best fit for him. He won't have to worry about being over recruited and he'll get to show what he can do against top flight competition on a regular basis.

If its true that Cowing will end up at Arizona, UTEP might have to defend against him when the Miners play there in 2023. He might have a great year at Az and leave for the draft after 2022.

I respect his decision to go to Arizona. This choice tells me that this transfer has always been about family - his son is in Arizona. If he went to any other school that was not in Arizona then I would have been more bothered. Good luck to Cowing and hope his son gets to watch his dad play.

Last edited:
I respect his decision to go to Arizona. This choice tells me that this transfer has always been about family - his son is Arizona. If he went to any other school that was not in Arizona then I would have been more bothered. Good luck to Cowing and hope his son gets to watch his dad play.

but its not like Utep is that far.

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
i dont get it.

why not just ASU ?? he is from Chandler.
Arizona is like the doormat of the Pac 12.

He is not from Chandler. He's from Maricopa. That's about 30 minutes Southeast of Chandler. Also, ASU does not run an offense that fits his skill set. Then there's the obvious fact that they lied to him coming out of high school.

I think Arizona paid him more. A friend of his made a comment saying " go get paid ". Hmm Arizona is know for paying its players, at least in basketball. They probably offered the most.

I think Arizona paid him more. A friend of his made a comment saying " go get paid ". Hmm Arizona is know for paying its players, at least in basketball. They probably offered the most.
While he is going to get a nice NIL deal. Money wasn't the motivating factor for the move. It was definitely being close to his son. If it was all about money, Oregon or LSU would have been by far the best place to go.

While he is going to get a nice NIL deal. Money wasn't the motivating factor for the move. It was definitely being close to his son. If it was all about money, Oregon or LSU would have been by far the best place to go.
How do you know that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT