ADVERTISEMENT

Did anybody see that head stomp last night?

That was dirty as hell. It’s a shame replay can’t account for such a blatant dirty play.
Can’t imagine getting the call would’ve changed the outcome of the game, but I would bet the guy faces some disciplinary action in the near future. I’m sure somebody from UTEP will send footage of the stomp into CUSA.

It was dirty.

Can’t imagine getting the call would’ve changed the outcome of the game, but I would bet the guy faces some disciplinary action in the near future. I’m sure somebody from UTEP will send footage of the stomp into CUSA.

It was dirty.
Obviously that wouldn’t turn the game around, but that type of play is something that should be immediately punished. That UTEP player was in a very vulnerable position. But I’ll give him credit, I don’t think anyone would have faulted him for retaliating.

It was dirty.
I agree, it wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but that is uncalled for no matter the outcome.

Obviously that wouldn’t turn the game around, but that type of play is something that should be immediately punished. That UTEP player was in a very vulnerable position. But I’ll give him credit, I don’t think anyone would have faulted him for retaliating.
Agree. I’m not justifying it. Just saying, the punishment wasn’t immediate, but I can’t imagine it isn’t given in the very near future.

Kid probably would’ve been ejected for the remainder of the game. Now the kid probably misses a whole game. Just a guess.

This was so not La Tech I saw last night. The hands to the face call was an outright choking. Smoke casually strolling through the UTEP sideline after going out of bounds as UTEP players appeared to indicate their displeasure at this obvious taunting as compared to players hustling (jogging) back to the field of play, chop blocking etc.

Total slop and stupidity by both teams, though.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
This was so not La Tech I saw last night. The hands to the face call was an outright choking. Smoke casually strolling through the UTEP sideline after going out of bounds as UTEP players appeared to indicate their displeasure at this obvious taunting as compared to players hustling (jogging) back to the field of play, chop blocking etc.

Total slop and stupidity by both teams, though.
When you have poor referees who think they’re reffing a game of NFL BLITZ that’s what you get.

Can Louisiana Tech vacate the win and give it to us, while they're being so generous!? 🙏

Sorry for this happening guys. The player did not control his emotions well at all. Good luck to UTEP football going forward.
Will be interesting to see what comes of this. Suspended for the rest of the season; for one game; for one half; for one quarter; or a slap on the hand and don’t do that again scolding.

I know that in hockey, felony charges have been pursued in some cases (skate to the neck, punch when opponent is already KO). If that is not assault, don't know what is. Might be an avenue to look into.

Does anybody know if he was pulled from the game by LA Tech when it happened?

Sure, nice of them to apologize and suspend him after the fact but I'm curious if they knew / took action immediately.

He played the rest of the game.

I would say this would be a one game suspension by NCAA standards. As far as LA Tech they may want to make it longer.

I think one is enough, but that's just me.

So a headstomp doesn't count as a DQing penalty but a good ole fashion punch to the 'nards' does! If you haven't seen it there's a real quick 'shot' on video of tonight's 4th qtr Tulane vs Memphis tilt.

Memphis D lineman given the 'punchout' after he gave the Tulane OG a super fast poke at the jewels. Dropped him like a bad habit. Consequences to follow I imagine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT