ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Miners ever get that walk-on kicker?

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
That enticing headline has been beckoning from The Mine Shaft for over two-and-a-half years, taunting me. Many a time have I visited the Football Forums link, only to see no new thread bold enough to topple it from its throne. King of The Mine Shaft.

Hail to you, mysterious walk-on kicker. May your legend continue to grow.

images

Not sure about a walk-on, but at this week's CUSA Media Day, Kugler said that we have added this JC Kicker:

Reactions: jdubb66
Does anyone remember Ed Bunn? He was a juco punter. Damn good punter for UTEP in early 90's and actually drafted high by Washington. Guy could hang the ball in the stratosphere and nail it where need be. Taught every future punter in college going pro that newly drafted qb's, rb's and lineman can hold out for more money but punters really, really should take what's offered initially. He never saw a 4th down in the NFL. It wasn't totally his fault because he had a pendejo agent who told him to hold out for more. Bunn was also a repo man as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...bullets-as-a-repo-man/?utm_term=.357662a46d7d

Does anyone remember Ed Bunn? He was a juco punter. Damn good punter for UTEP in early 90's and actually drafted high by Washington. Guy could hang the ball in the stratosphere and nail it where need be. Taught every future punter in college going pro that newly drafted qb's, rb's and lineman can hold out for more money but punters really, really should take what's offered initially. He never saw a 4th down in the NFL. It wasn't totally his fault because he had a pendejo agent who told him to hold out for more. The guy was also a repo man as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...bullets-as-a-repo-man/?utm_term=.357662a46d7d
Played golf with him once during a fundraiser for the Amigo kidney foundation. Nice guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT