ADVERTISEMENT

Donor Recognition: UTEP

UTEPMiners8106

MI Hall of Famer
Jul 15, 2013
https://givingto.utep.edu/donorrecognition?erid=20938337&trid=fdf68f6c-661f-4ae6-bd1b-ae4d850d5b1b

UTEP recently updated their giving website and looking at the faculty members that donated to the university I was impressed to see that many of the football coaches donate to the university. I know that they probably earmark their donations to football but I think it is a nice gesture, to at least show some commitment to the university and the community.
That's a good thing and a darn nice thing to do. Sometime this darn town is so negative some can't see the positive in the small things people do.

Jolly good to learn the coaches are chipping in, too. Honorable thing to do.

As for negativity in El Paso, I too recognize the attitude does exist, but from this distance, I hear and read positive aspects about the Sun City. Maybe my 300-mile buffer insulates me from the whine.

They used to also release names of MAC donors, but I haven’t seen it in a few years.

Here's to all you poster boys (and girls) who back up your B.S. with donations. Picks up.

The only gripe I have (and it’s a small one) is the fact that when you click on the alumni/friends tab it also lists the faculty as well. I don’t know if that’s a small oversight or they’re trying to fluff numbers.

The only gripe I have (and it’s a small one) is the fact that when you click on the alumni/friends tab it also lists the faculty as well. I don’t know if that’s a small oversight or they’re trying to fluff numbers.
I’ve know faculty/staff who have donated via season tickets for them and family members. Maybe that’s in the count?

Could be, I don’t know. But the same 4 UTEP faculty members who donated 30k plus are listed in the Alumni and Friends section. Same with the football coaches. Again, maybe an oversight, and not a legitimate gripe because in the end I am glad people are donating to the university.

Interesting that I am not on there yet have two bronze level season basketball ticket, plus I donated to the plant the pick campaign.

Interesting that I am not on there yet have two bronze level season basketball ticket, plus I donated to the plant the pick campaign.

I donated to the MAC last year, and I’m not on there either. I don’t think having season tickets gets you on the list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT