ADVERTISEMENT

Dont freak out if we lose

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
This is Terry's throw away season. We're going to lose alot. We're undermanned this will be alot like BG's first season. I will not be shocked if they lose to UTPB. It's a 50/50 game. I dont believe in playing d2 games at all but it is what it is. Theres a good chance (55%) UTPB will win. I hope people dont freak out. This year is all about development. The regular season is meaningless. However, next years squad will be good enough to have a chance to win three games in a row in March and get to the tournament. This year will be rough but I think the team will be entertaining get 10-12 wins.

Reactions: axingfools1
Who's freaking out? Not me.
latest

Reactions: Prospero915
I hate the very idea of a "throw away" season. There should never be such a thing. It's not fair to the team or the fans. I liked Dimel's philosophy of recruiting to give the current team a shot at winning (hasn't worked out that way) and set the foundation for the future. Terry could have found a couple more bigs with experience thru JC or transfer to help the team out this season, not just throw this one away and everyone wait until next year. I hope it doesn't discourage to many fans.

I hate the very idea of a "throw away" season. There should never be such a thing. It's not fair to the team or the fans. I liked Dimel's philosophy of recruiting to give the current team a shot at winning (hasn't worked out that way) and set the foundation for the future. Terry could have found a couple more bigs with experience thru JC or transfer to help the team out this season, not just throw this one away and everyone wait until next year. I hope it doesn't discourage to many fans.
I think most of us agree that getting an experienced big would have been a big help. It would have left us and open scholarship in the next year or two also. Inexperience, foul trouble and a limited bench up front are going to be a big road block this year.

I will also say it was late in the year for recruiting and Terry did a great job. I don't expect the team to lose every game this year, but I'm not expecting us to dominate CUSA and make a run in the NCAA either.

This team has a ton of talent on it. In fact the team practices against players that would be starters at every school in CUSA. If you think this will be a throw away season you are wrong. I think 16 wins is reasonable and I think we will finish around 8-10 in conference play.

This is Terry's throw away season. We're going to lose alot. We're undermanned this will be alot like BG's first season. I will not be shocked if they lose to UTPB. It's a 50/50 game. I dont believe in playing d2 games at all but it is what it is. Theres a good chance (55%) UTPB will win. I hope people dont freak out. This year is all about development. The regular season is meaningless. However, next years squad will be good enough to have a chance to win three games in a row in March and get to the tournament. This year will be rough but I think the team will be entertaining get 10-12 wins.
Not quite spot on that prediction!?

Twas a bit of a struggle on the first half. Until our bigs learn how to play without fouling it's going to continue. Poor PT; in his fourth year and still can't stay on the floor. A platoon system between Efe and Eze is the obvious choice.
I am hoping that once we get Hawkeye back the whole game will flow like it needs to.

Exhibition games early in the season are always a crapshoot especially with young teams I'm glad they won.
I was curious too. I mean we all know this year will be a struggle, but maybe we can get some surprise wins and make the cbi which honest would be a big springboard for next year! Too early though to know, but good second half last night.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Twas a bit of a struggle on the first half. Until our bigs learn how to play without fouling it's going to continue. Poor PT; in his fourth year and still can't stay on the floor. A platoon system between Efe and Eze is the obvious choice.
I am hoping that once we get Hawkeye back the whole game will flow like it needs to.
giphy.gif

UTPB was ranked in the top 10 in d2 all of last year. They got as high as three. They probably wont win that many this year. Lasts years team was better than the bottom half of c-usa.

UTPB was ranked in the top 10 in d2 all of last year. They got as high as three. They probably wont win that many this year. Lasts years team was better than the bottom half of c-usa.
That's was last year, they lost all 5 starters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT