ADVERTISEMENT

Duranguito demolition injunction lifted, reissued

Grossman is going to win this battle without winning in the courts. Time is on his side and thats why he keeps filing all these injunctions. As the months go by, the arena price tag keeps going above the $180 million. Grossman has a billionaire backing him up and these lawyer fees to keep delaying the process are pennies to the billionaire. So what is going to happen when the new arena price tag is millions of dollars above the proposed $180 million???? The voters aren't going to vote for an increase in taxes to cover the difference.

Grossman is going to win this battle without winning in the courts. Time is on his side and thats why he keeps filing all these injunctions. As the months go by, the arena price tag keeps going above the $180 million. Grossman has a billionaire backing him up and these lawyer fees to keep delaying the process are pennies to the billionaire. So what is going to happen when the new arena price tag is millions of dollars above the proposed $180 million???? The voters aren't going to vote for an increase in taxes to cover the difference.

Still, what does that get Grossman? Maybe more importantly, what does that get the billionaire backer? What is the end-game and who is the beneficiary of it all?

Would be nice if we had a journalist in EP that could dig deep -- pun intended -- and find an answer to my questions.

Reactions: axingfools1
It would be funny if city wins and demolishes the buildings. Then they like nevermind we change our mind we will put arena somewhere else.

Still, what does that get Grossman? Maybe more importantly, what does that get the billionaire backer? What is the end-game and who is the beneficiary of it all?

Would be nice if we had a journalist in EP that could dig deep -- pun intended -- and find an answer to my questions.
giphy.gif

Perversion of legacy. My theory is that Grossman is being good old Mr. Colonialist helping what he thinks is the poor tribe survive but actually kind of make things worse because he thinks he know better. The ego and vanity of men with discretionary power can be good thing but sometimes their head gets so swollen they don't know when to walk away.

Second, I have heard him on the radio with my own ears. He has a major bone to pick with the city historical folks and come hell or high water he's going to get back at them for how he perceives as being wronged by them.

The State has a hand in this because they pride themselves on "the voters have spoken" state and "elections have consequences". The city did no wrong. They put it out to the citizens and they spoke loudly. This has been in the works for over two decades.

Reactions: develman
"It would be funny if city wins and demolishes the buildings. Then they like nevermind we change our mind we will put arena somewhere else."

What a great idea! We can use this to repurpose much of downtown.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT