ADVERTISEMENT

First time seeing this team

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
There was some good, bad and some ugly....
First off S. Illinois will be a decent middle of the pack Missouri Valley Team. That O'Brien kid is good and so is the PG Perez. The leading scorer Bean was held in check, but he's also lethal. S. Illinois doesn't have an inside presence so Winn and Vint did what they were supposed to in the paint and they played very well. I thought our guards forced it alot, but came through down the stretch. Artist was not in rhythm this game, but he'll be ok. The freshman Big Men looked out of their league and we'll need them to grow up quick. Utep showed confidence down the stretch when S. Illinois made a run and went up and never seemed to panic. All in all decent win, that could've went either way and on to the Championship!

It most certainly was closely officiated. It seemed to be called fairly, though.

Maybe some SIU fans will beg to differ.

It's the new rules. SIU got called for illegal pics late that could have changed the out come late in the game. Official missed several SIU traveling calls too.

There was some good, bad and some ugly....
First off S. Illinois will be a decent middle of the pack Missouri Valley Team. That O'Brien kid is good and so is the PG Perez. The leading scorer Bean was held in check, but he's also lethal. S. Illinois doesn't have an inside presence so Winn and Vint did what they were supposed to in the paint and they played very well. I thought our guards forced it alot, but came through down the stretch. Artist was not in rhythm this game, but he'll be ok. The freshman Big Men looked out of their league and we'll need them to grow up quick. Utep showed confidence down the stretch when S. Illinois made a run and went up and never seemed to panic. All in all decent win, that could've went either way and on to the Championship!

I believe their best post player did not play. suspended or something.

Good to see our bigs (Winn and Hooper) to step up today.

One thing that is going to kill me this year is that our guards (Moore and Artis) seem to take a lot of chances on the defensive end. It may pay off every once in a while, but it will start driving me nuts.

I had no idea Vint's offensive game was that extensive. He hit a three, a turn around jumper, two baby hooks and a step through lay in. All good moves for a 6-11 kid who I never thought would make a player. Winn doesn't look like power player, but he is really deceiving, he had a couple of put ins late in the game that looked really impressive. Caldwell did some great off the stat sheet stuff as well. SIU was a really good offensive team and they matched up with us pretty good. The Beane kid was shut down for a lot of the game but I would hate to face him when he's running free, he has an almost perfect jump shot.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Wasn't too pleased? I was! 1. We won, 2. We beat a solid team. I've got kids like you. They aren't satisfied with most anything. I guess I understand you.

Reactions: MinersWon
Funny.......it's early in the season....only concern is our post players...hopefully things work out...it's sure they will...want to see Mc Swiggan soon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT