ADVERTISEMENT

First UTEP Fan Council Meeting

Ok. But at the same time you did pay for your seat. Now whether or not you go that is your decision. What stadium/team enforces that policy? Your beef should be with fans who don’t show up to games, not with the administration. Are we going to have roll call like it’s class? This is stupid.

I dare you to ask for someone to have their seat revoked because they don’t go to the game. It’s just not happening. Not here, not in the NFL, NBA, nowhere. It is what it is man.

Xavier rewards season ticket holders for perfect attendance with gift cards. It encourages fans to give away/sell tickets for games that they are unable to attend. This should be something that UTEP should look into implementing on some sort of level. Or giveaways for only season ticket holders during games. But this “Take away their seats cause they don’t go” nonsense ain’t happening. Because you know what I would tell you, “I paid for my tickets just like you, and if I want to wipe my ass with them it’s none of your business.” And what are you gonna do about it?

If you want preferential treatment I bet if you donate a lot more money you can move down to a better section.

http://goxavier.com/news/2018/4/9/t...-holders-with-perfect-attendance-program.aspx

Last edited:
Reactions: El Paso 1
Xavier rewards season ticket holders for perfect attendance with gift cards. It encourages fans to give away/sell tickets for games that they are unable to attend. This should be something that UTEP should look into implementing on some sort of level. Or giveaways for only season ticket holders during games. But this “Take away their seats cause they don’t go” nonsense ain’t happening. Because you know what I would tell you, “I paid for my tickets just like you, and if I want to wipe my ass with them it’s none of your business.” And what are you gonna do about it?

http://goxavier.com/news/2018/4/9/t...-holders-with-perfect-attendance-program.aspx

This is similar to what I put up earlier in the thread. I sent a tweet to Mr. Senter about it and he responded with, "Stanley this is an idea that would be cool but there are numerous cost doing this. Conceptually I think it would be neat. Oklahoma State did something like this and we have looked into it already! Thanks for sharing!

There a cost as to how a person attendance is recorded but I do think the start up cost will pay dividends in the long run. Imagine a college student that gets rewarded with money they can use at the bookstore or at the restaurants on campus? They should include it for all athletic events, so that students attend all of the other sporting events. Maybe they could raise student fees by $1 total each semester to offset the start up cost. Once it gets set up with the students it can be applied to all ticket holders.

This is similar to what I put up earlier in the thread. I sent a tweet to Mr. Senter about it and he responded with, "Stanley this is an idea that would be cool but there are numerous cost doing this. Conceptually I think it would be neat. Oklahoma State did something like this and we have looked into it already! Thanks for sharing!

There a cost as to how a person attendance is recorded but I do think the start up cost will pay dividends in the long run. Imagine a college student that gets rewarded with money they can use at the bookstore or at the restaurants on campus? They should include it for all athletic events, so that students attend all of the other sporting events. Maybe they could raise student fees by $1 total each semester to offset the start up cost. Once it gets set up with the students it can be applied to all ticket holders.

I do agree that if anything the students should be rewarded for consistently attending games. They are the future alumni/donors. And if they can get them to buy into this tradition they’re trying to start then imagine 10 years from now the fans we could have?

If you want preferential treatment I bet if you donate a lot more money you can move down to a better section.

The Chihuahuas did something similar to that this year. I believe you are given a certain amount of points for every game that you attend with your season tickets and cab exchanged the points for various items. I would love UTEP to implement something like this

That's a decent idea.

And yes I was paying for my seats as a season ticket holder....obviously.

I think you might be missing my point. Pretty much all arenas or stadiums have assigned seating (and most enforce them, especially the pros). The seating is assigned at the DHC, but its not enforced at the games. Tickets prices vary based on the location of the seat. At the Don, the ticket prices do not vary within the same sections (some of which cover large areas). Maybe rewarding people that actually come to the games and pay a premium price would be a good idea. How about switching seats with those that don't come. That way some dude with an 8$ ticket is not sitting in front of me with a 50$ ticket. Also, I can be closer to the action since I actually want to be there. Yeah they can tell me to 'F' off, but guess what, I told them to 'F' off too and they lost a season ticket holder. Get it??

At the DHC, I can purchase cheap seats and just move down unless somebody asks me to move. This would never happen if a game were sold out or if the team were winning and tickets were in demand or if assigned seating was enforced. Right now, and for the past years, UTEP has been losing money because of this, and at the same time pissing off season ticket holders.

Now we have two threads asking for input/suggestions. This should get interesting
We have a 30 member council and a myriad of comments, questions, suggestions, and concerns. This thread is one for people to communicate directly with ME. I have my own opinions and I may not always agree with what others have to say.... but I am willing to listen and take your input back to the council and AD. I just ask for positive vibes and solutions.

That's a decent idea.

And yes I was paying for my seats as a season ticket holder....obviously.

I think you might be missing my point. Pretty much all arenas or stadiums have assigned seating (and most enforce them, especially the pros). The seating is assigned at the DHC, but its not enforced at the games. Tickets prices vary based on the location of the seat. At the Don, the ticket prices do not vary within the same sections (some of which cover large areas). Maybe rewarding people that actually come to the games and pay a premium price would be a good idea. How about switching seats with those that don't come. That way some dude with an 8$ ticket is not sitting in front of me with a 50$ ticket. Also, I can be closer to the action since I actually want to be there. Yeah they can tell me to 'F' off, but guess what, I told them to 'F' off too and they lost a season ticket holder. Get it??

At the DHC, I can purchase cheap seats and just move down unless somebody asks me to move. This would never happen if a game were sold out or if the team were winning and tickets were in demand or if assigned seating was enforced. Right now, and for the past years, UTEP has been losing money because of this, and at the same time pissing off season ticket holders.

Maybe you should tweet Senter and tell him to have the user check tickets for every person that sits in the lower level. I am sure that will make you popular.

The Amen chant is a relic. I was fun during that time but it is time to for it to just go away. To me it was like a Thank God we won thing. It didn't really taunt the other team either.
Ur an old relic that was fun in ur time.

Yeah, why is the NAU kickoff at 530 PM. You will not get a good crowd now.
This is one question that I have as well and will ask at the next meeting. Alot of information was put out in regards to C-USA requirements and also those of ESPN and I am thinking that this may be one of the reasons. But I will ask

I think Senter's response is BS. Have a table set up for students and season ticket holders. As you walk in you go to that table and a person will mark your name off that you attended the game. How hard would that be? It has been done before with students and the person that attended the most games won a trip the CUSA basketball tournament.

Thanks. ESPN+/3 are not ESPN. Makes no sense to move games for web content.
As previously stated... I will ask. I will post feedback when the question has been answered. It may be a C-USA requirement that make sense to the folks that make the scheduling decisions for its members.

Hahaha. All I can tell you is that not putting the games at 7 when they’re not on real TV, is bad for business.

It’s Northern Arizona. The only people watching that game online will be NAU and UTEP fans.

It might make sense, but it’s not making dollars.
It seems to me, after spending almost an hour discussing the #1 fan concern expressed in each town hall "tailgating", that the time of the game being pushed back 30 mins should not adversely impact attendance as tailgating fans arrive hours before kickoff. Fans will arrive whenever they wish to arrive and will be at that time paying customers and hopeful supporters... so why complain?

I think Senter's response is BS. Have a table set up for students and season ticket holders. As you walk in you go to that table and a person will mark your name off that you attended the game. How hard would that be? It has been done before with students and the person that attended the most games won a trip the CUSA basketball tournament.

What I was suggesting was an app type of thing so that people get points for attending any and all sporting events. A person would also earn points for spending money on concessions and merch too. There would be some initial cost associated with equipment since having a sign in table for everyone is not practical but I really think in the long run it would be a good thing.

Hahaha. All I can tell you is that not putting the games at 7 when they’re not on real TV, is bad for business.

It’s Northern Arizona. The only people watching that game online will be NAU and UTEP fans.

Sir,
If what you just said is truly the case... then it would not matter what time the game starts to real NAU or UTEP fans and business would prosper instead of suffer

It seems to me, after spending almost an hour discussing the #1 fan concern expressed in each town hall "tailgating", that the time of the game being pushed back 30 mins should not adversely impact attendance as tailgating fans arrive hours before kickoff. Fans will arrive whenever they wish to arrive and will be at that time paying customers and hopeful supporters... so why complain?

I just think a later kickoff would be beneficial to the fans. How many UTEP students are gonna tailgate all day in the sun, then go get sun blasted until halftime. Later kickoff, less sun, more fun.

I just think a later kickoff would be beneficial to the fans. How many UTEP students are gonna tailgate all day in the sun, then go get sun blasted until halftime. Later kickoff, less sun, more fun.

You're making UTEP students sound as if they're not used to the heat. Try tailgating in AUS for an afternoon game.

We've gone from substantial topics to the effects of the Sun on tailgating with UTEP fans...those camping tents that are sold to shield from the sun must be impossible to find...

There’s a difference between being in the heat and standing with a large group of people around for a long period of time directly into the sun. I’ll move on now, thanks

The reason a 7 pm kickoff is better is simply this....El Paso is a working class town. Folks here have to work during the day and having the game later gives them a chance to get off work, get changed, go tailgate for a bit, then enjoy the game.
That's it in a nutshell....

What you may not get is although I personnaly agree with you... the AD may not have the say so to dictate to the conference or network what time kickoff should occur AT THIS TIME or in preparation for this season. It may be a pre-existing contractural thing.
My suggestion to all who think they will melt by the 30 minute earlier kickoff. Buy tickets on the west end of the stadium.
Complimentary Orange and Blue Freeze Pops for the fans sitting on the East Side?

What if it’s a strategy to overheat the opposing teams by having them stand in direct sunlight?

I can’t imagine anyone woul want to wait in like to get their name marked off. It would have to be something digital. Like someone said, maybe an app. I wonder if the University gets data from Ticketmaster when tickets are scanned. Now whether or not they can tie that into your season tickets to track your attendance would be another thing.

I can’t imagine anyone woul want to wait in like to get their name marked off. It would have to be something digital. Like someone said, maybe an app. I wonder if the University gets data from Ticketmaster when tickets are scanned. Now whether or not they can tie that into your season tickets to track your attendance would be another thing.

You can have a separate entrance for season ticket holders and students. As you walk in they stamp your ticket. At the end of the season you can obtain prizes based on how many games you attended. That sounds very easy to me.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

As one of the members of the Inaugural UTEP Athletics Fan Council, I would like to use this thread as a way for you the fan to lend your voice to the effort to promote lasting changes that will restore the glory and a renewed sense of pride to UTEP Miner Athletics. We had a very eye-opening and informative meeting with the new Athletics Director and came away impressed with his focus on making things better, his openness to listen to new ideas and solutions, and his commitment to lead the UTEP Athletics Department in a way that will make us proud to support the University and its Student-Athletes.

I ask that you give me your thoughts, make comments and also provide solutions so that I may present them to the AD and my fellow Fan Council Members. I will also provide feedback and answer questions as best I can. At the end of the day... I am a fan, I want to see the teams be successful, I want to sit in a sold-out Sun Bowl Stadium and a ruckus Don (at a fair price), and for the length of my 1-year term... I want to represent you! #EPMAD

C.Merritt c/o 2014

One big suggestion from an out-of-town alum, I would really like to see better engagement with those of us who are not in EP. Having the football team come to San Antonio is great, but it's every other year. Yes, we do get one women's and one men's game, but it would help the chapters/networks grow if there was a more organized effort. I know there are a bazillion NCAA dos and don'ts, but there has to be something.

The reason a 7 pm kickoff is better is simply this....El Paso is a working class town. Folks here have to work during the day and having the game later gives them a chance to get off work, get changed, go tailgate for a bit, then enjoy the game.
That's it in a nutshell....
I think we all understand what you are saying. I agree with the later start time, but to some it doesn't matter. Those people are gonna come or not come anyway.

Now, carimflow said he/she would ask at the next meeting and give you an answer. Give it a chance. There might be a legit reason or they might see there was a mistake. Patience my friend.

I think the 7pm kickoffs are beautiful. The sun sets by the end of the 1st and it’s perfect weather afterwards. I have some very good memories of those late night Price games. Now that I’m a bit older I understand the need to cater to all ages and family types.

Reactions: carimflow

An app I'm sure is possible. Airlines allow you to use your electronic boarding pass via your phone app to board.

One big suggestion from an out-of-town alum, I would really like to see better engagement with those of us who are not in EP. Having the football team come to San Antonio is great, but it's every other year. Yes, we do get one women's and one men's game, but it would help the chapters/networks grow if there was a more organized effort. I know there are a bazillion NCAA dos and don'ts, but there has to be something.

I second this. It's an area the University really needs to work on

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I think the 7pm kickoffs are beautiful. The sun sets by the end of the 1st and it’s perfect weather afterwards. I have some very good memories of those late night Price games. Now that I’m a bit older I understand the need to cater to all ages and family types.
I will raise the issue at the next meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT