ADVERTISEMENT

Flaggert/Phil Johnson

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
Since December 30th, Jake Flaggert has scored exactly ONE more field goal than I have! The difference is that I have been sitting on my couch, while Flaggert has played 148 minutes since December 30th.

It made absolutely no sense for Phil Johnson to play Jake Flaggert more minutes tonight than any other Miner. Jake Flaggert played 30 of the 40 minutes tonight. Playing Flaggert more than any other Miner probably has a lot to do with why we lost by 49 points tonight. Playing Flaggert for 75% of the game also probably explains why we only scored 33 points tonight. Flaggert lead the team in minutes, yet didn’t score a single point. We lost by more points tonight than what we scored, has that ever happened to us? What on earth was Phil Johnson doing?

Since December 30th, Jake Flaggert has scored exactly ONE more field goal than I have! The difference is that I have been sitting on my couch, while Flaggert has played 148 minutes since December 30th.

It made absolutely no sense for Phil Johnson to play Jake Flaggert more minutes tonight than any other Miner. Jake Flaggert played 30 of the 40 minutes tonight. Playing Flaggert more than any other Miner probably has a lot to do with why we lost by 49 points tonight. Playing Flaggert for 75% of the game also probably explains why we only scored 33 points tonight. Flaggert lead the team in minutes, yet didn’t score a single point. We lost by more points tonight than what we scored, has that ever happened to us? What on earth was Phil Johnson doing?

Making a case for being the worst D1 cbb coach...ever?

He is no doubt on the short list for that distinction with his career winning percentage dipping below 27%.

Strange way of rewarding a player or players for sticking so long with a stinking and stinking organization. This is their last hoorah - make it one for the history books.
8247534_f260.jpg

Looking back at the stats from the disaster on Saturday, it could be argued that Osborne and Wade, combined, were nearly as bad as Flaggert/Touchet. They were a combined 2/13 in about 40 minutes, and are also liabilities on defense as well. Not having any production from our SGs/SFs in any combination makes it impossible to win. It is too bad that not one of these guys have yet to step consistently, although Osborne seems to be the most likely candidate at this point. I would add Frazier in there as well, but I think we all knew his contributions this year would be a complete crapshoot.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT