ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd picks up a guard commit: Tim Cameron; Hargrave Military Academy

I don't answer it because this has nothing to do with UTEP basketball and derails the thread and I have already answered it. First of all your the one getting butt hurt and the last few posts are of you crying why I don't answer your question. I am a UTEP basketball fan and I want UTEP to be a basketball school once again. Thats why I follow basketball threads. This board is to discuss UTEP sports. I don't remember reading when I signed up that I only have to post homer positive thoughts. UTEP basketball sucks right now. Floyd has done jack crap in 5 seasons. I want UTEP basketball to take it up to the next level. Our current coach has been given the most resources in UTEP history for basketball. We have seen zero return on this investment. I was very happy when we hired Floyd. He has had average results. It seems like Floyd is more concerned with landing a bigger job than he is trying to take UTEP to the next level. I have no faith in the guy and I am just expressing it on the UTEP SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD. Then on top of that our AD is a washed up moron who sets no performance standards for out football and basketball programs. All Chi and I do are state the facts. We aren't making anything up. You guys just can't handle the truth.

Its a psychological fact that when someone throws back the same accusation that was leveled at them ie; you were butt hurt at being called a troll, you come back with, no you're butt hurt, you're crying, you're a homer, they were indeed bothered by the accusation, so, indeed you were butt hurt. Good to know. The puppy does it too. Even better to know. By the way, to take a page out the dog's book, its you're not your, on your second sentence. Doesn't the mutt teach you anything? Funny how he doesn't correct you. No, you hadn't answered it. I guess you're taking up the mutt's habits and choose to flat out lie. You don't remember reading when you signed up that you only have to post positive homer thoughts? Good, I don't remember reading that either. If you had even a hint of reading comprehension you would realize that's not what I was questioning and calling you out on. Now do you remember reading in the rules about not flooding multiple threads with the same repetitive posts? It's on there. And that's what I was calling you out on. I know the puss of a moderator we have won't do anything about it. I just thought I'd try. You're free to comment on what you want, its the repetitive nature of your crap that brings this board and threads down. Got it? Yes, basketball has been average. No, it doesn't suck. How you can call them average, then state they suck in the same paragraph is beyond me. Suck would be finishing in the bottom of the conference year in and out. I want to make the Dance just as bad as anybody else and believe we should have by now. But a 600 winning percentage is not a reason to fire a coach of Floyd's caliber. We'd be the laughing stock of the nation for doing that, in my opinion. Your claim that you and the lap dog state facts is laughable, but stick with it if it works for you.

Floyd took over a NCAA Tournament team. He didn't have to rebuild a mess like BG had to do. Everyone keeps saying BG, DOC, Barbee were only here to move on. So can anyone answer the question of why Floyd keeps interviewing for other jobs every season? ?? Everyone keeps saying Floyd is here to stay and build but keeps interviewing??? Can anyone comment for once on this?????

Can anyone offer definitive proof, not hearsay, that Floyd has interviewed for any job. Again, not hearsay, because the "fact" is, that's all that is out there, hearsay. I want an AD going on record, Floyd was here and we sat down for an interview. I don't want any " I have it on good source the Floyd inquired about the job at such and such university and indeed was down here last weekend." What job did he interview for this past season and how can any of you prove an interview took place? Can't? Then just stfu. Thank you.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Next question.

Drew-Rosenhaus-and-T.O.-300x243.jpg
Reports? Yeah, reports are facts. Don't you all deal with facts?

Josh Pastner even stated Floyd was interviewing for other jobs. Remember the Memphis game a few years back when everybody thought Floyd was gone and some people even booed Floyd before the game?
Josh Pastner, now there's a reliable source. Wouldn't have anything to do with battling for a recruit, now would it?

If we fired Floyd every sports writer would agree on the firing. They would say he is done as a coach cause he is stinking it up in a weak CUSA. They would say 5 years is plenty of time to dominate CUSA.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Can anyone offer definitive proof, not hearsay, that Floyd has interviewed for any job. Again, not hearsay, because the "fact" is, that's all that is out there, hearsay. I want an AD going on record, Floyd was here and we sat down for an interview. I don't want any " I have it on good source the Floyd inquired about the job at such and such university and indeed was down here last weekend." What job did he interview for this past season and how can any of you prove an interview took place? Can't? Then just stfu. Thank you.

Here you go. This is what Pastner was talking about.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/04/sports/la-sp-0305-usc-tim-floyd-20130305

"Former USC basketball coach Tim Floyd said Monday night he has had a meeting with Athletic Director Pat Haden in which they discussed the Trojans basketball job opening. Floyd said Haden had contacted him, and the three-hour meeting "went well." Floyd said it was important his former players and coaches know that he had talked to Haden. "I feel they should know that USC reached out, that no violations were found by the NCAA with USC basketball," Floyd said."

Google it the proof is there. Did Stull go on record and list all the coaches he interviewed for our last football coaching search. No..none of them do.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Here you go. This is what Pastner was talking about.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/04/sports/la-sp-0305-usc-tim-floyd-20130305

"Former USC basketball coach Tim Floyd said Monday night he has had a meeting with Athletic Director Pat Haden in which they discussed the Trojans basketball job opening. Floyd said Haden had contacted him, and the three-hour meeting "went well." Floyd said it was important his former players and coaches know that he had talked to Haden. "I feel they should know that USC reached out, that no violations were found by the NCAA with USC basketball," Floyd said."

Where is the word "Floyd interviewed" in the article. I read where a Syracuse assistant interviewed.

No, I want someone going on record that he interviewed, not the word "a source".

Again, there you go. If you don't know how to comprehend things then I can't help you.

Again, there you go. If you don't know how to comprehend things then I can't help you.

"Discussed" is very open ended. If they could use the word interviewed for the Syracuse assistant, why couldn't they use it for Floyd?

I'm out, I was going to put you two on ignore, but na, not for now. I could use the comedy. UTEP football sucks btw.

So again, why was Floyd in Los Angeles when Floyd should have been getting his players ready for Memphis? You think he wanted to go to Disneyland?
Yeah, I think he was. That's what assistants are for, and we have very capable ones. Wasn't this when we beat Memphis on the road? Boy, Floyd being in LA really hurt didn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT