ADVERTISEMENT

Floyd picks up a guard commit: Tim Cameron; Hargrave Military Academy

I'm going to put you on ignore allminer. I just wasted 30 minutes of my life reading all your meaningless posts that brought nothing to the discussion.

Allminer baited me. I said I wasn't going to respond to his posts and I took the bait. Now I know for sure allminer just likes to hear himself talk. Allminer will be the first person I will have to ignore.

Reactions: Epsilon00
This was when UTEP lost to Memphis here when some people were booing Floyd before the game. I guess you weren't at the game.
Actually no I wasn't. Wasn't in town. Pretty classy of fans to boo, I'm sure you weren't among the ones who did. I see the Miners were 10-6 at the time. Certainly a reason to boo the head coach.

No answer involving the Xs and Os and Jimmies and Joes will satisfy some here. The bottom line is Floyd has underwhelmed at UTEP so far. If he's interviewed for other jobs it probably helps preserve his ego during this period of underperformance.

He gets longer than other coaches would because he's a favorite son of the program with ties to its glory days. But he needs to win CUSA and/or get to the big dance in the next 2-3 years, or he's likely gone. I doubt he'll do either this year, and I don't think he'll be fired for it, unless the wheels fall completely off.

As for my monkey gif, I was simply trying to inject a little humor into the discussion.

2-3 more years????? Man let's just sign him to a 20 year contract too. Like I said, I think if he focuses on the team instead of trying to land another big job we will do fine.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
lmao!! You are really something else. Why else do you think Floyd would be in Los Angeles when he should have been in El Paso coaching his players?

I may very well be wrong here. Just going by memory. Wasn't Floyd in Arizona and that conversation happened on the telephone?

Also, strictly going by the facts available, it didn't sound like a job interview.

"I feel they should know that USC reached out, that no violations were found by the NCAA with USC basketball," Floyd said.

I may very well be wrong here. Just going by memory. Wasn't Floyd in Arizona and that conversation happened on the telephone?

Also, strictly going by the facts available, it didn't sound like a job interview.

Why would Floyd be in Arizona in March during the UTEP basketball season? What other reasons would there be for Floyd to have a 3 hour meeting with Haden?

Just by going by facts available it doesn't sound like a job interview? lol!!!! What does it sound like then?

Are you saying UTEP and Memphis did not battle to try and sign this player? That because he was transferring it is somehow a different battle to sign him?

I really don't think so. It's no loss to Memphis- Memphis doesn't have to "battle" with UTEP because Memphis can get better recruits because they have a better team with a better coach.

Why would Floyd be in Arizona in March during the UTEP basketball season? What other reasons would there be for Floyd to have a 3 hour meeting with Haden?

Again, just going by memory and I could be wrong. I thought Coach Floyd said he was in Arizona, recruiting I believe, and the conversation was by phone.

Just by going by facts available it doesn't sound like a job interview? lol!!!! What does it sound like then?

The facts are Coach Floyd said USC contacted him and he agreed to talk to them to clear his name regarding the USC scandal. He never said it was interview. Anything else is speculation whether it's true or not.

The facts are Coach Floyd said USC contacted him and he agreed to talk to them to clear his name regarding the USC scandal. He never said it was interview. Anything else is speculation whether it's true or not.

Those are the facts: "Former USC basketball coach Tim Floyd said Monday night he has had a meeting with Athletic Director Pat Haden in which they discussed the Trojans basketball job opening."

I am not sure what you aren't getting.

Correct. That still doesn't say he interviewed for the job. That's speculation.

lol That is not speculation. You clearly don't get it and you are just like your friend allminer. We provided you facts and you say it's "speculation". I will be putting you on ignore as well. Fortunately, you never add anything to add to this board so it will be no loss.

Offers from Houston, Ole Miss, La Tech, Tennessee, Rice, Hofstra, Georgia Southern YEP that is totally a top recruit right there. Those are some top schools offering. I wonder why he chose here when he had a better chance of winning a national championship at basketball power house Tennessee. Isn't WIlms from a top AAU program ?????

Look up the first three to four I listed off and look at their "body of work" (as Kugler would say) the last decade or more. Look, you can come here and pick, but please bring substance.

M
Nor can we base what UTEP and Memphis do regarding recruits on your sole opinion. Memphis wanted him and yet UTEP got him.[/QUOTE
Memphis was stacked at his position. We were bare and he could play as a freshman here. If he could have played as a freshman at Memphis he would have signed there.
m

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
2-3 more years????? Man let's just sign him to a 20 year contract too. Like I said, I think if he focuses on the team instead of trying to land another big job we will do fine.

So the root of your problem with Floyd is you think he's been spending his time looking for another job instead of focusing on the team?

So the root of your problem with Floyd is you think he's been spending his time looking for another job instead of focusing on the team?

Lots of ridiculousness in this thread. To say Floyd has not had real interest in other jobs is flat out wrong. It's not really even a secret.

And to say there isn't a recruiting process for transfers is dumb. Of course there is. And Memphis went hard after Jones. Pastner wanted him. So did others.

Reactions: develman
And to say there isn't a recruiting process for transfers is dumb. Of course there is. And Memphis went hard after Jones. Pastner wanted him. So did others.

My point was that Memphis doesn't lose anything. Memphis's recruiting class is much better than UTEP's recruiting class. I am sure Brodericks chose UTEP because he didn't want to sit on the bench at Memphis.

My point was that Memphis doesn't lose anything. Memphis's recruiting class is much better than UTEP's recruiting class. I am sure Brodericks chose UTEP because he didn't want to sit on the bench at Memphis.

Have you paid attention to Memphis the last several years? Have you watched them play within the last two years? This is not the same Memphis program that we faced on an annual basis for close to a decade. Their recruiting classes are not much better than ours anymore, if any better at all. Memphis wanted BJ...and badly. Especially since they lost their PF, Nichols, who decided to bolt for greener pastures. It was a loss for them, and somewhat of a slap in the face that Jones chose to settle in EP instead of playing in the FedEx Forum.

Have you paid attention to Memphis the last several years? Have you watched them play within the last two years? This is not the same Memphis program that we faced on an annual basis for close to a decade. Their recruiting classes are not much better than ours anymore, if any better at all. Memphis wanted BJ...and badly. Especially since they lost their PF, Nichols, who decided to bolt for greener pastures. It was a loss for them, and somewhat of a slap in the face that Jones chose to settle in EP instead of playing in the FedEx Forum.

Memphis is still better than UTEP and would beat UTEP if we still played them. I am not saying they are as great as when they went to the Big Dance 4 straight seasons, but they are still good.

Memphis is still better than UTEP and would beat UTEP if we still played them. I am not saying they are as great as when they went to the Big Dance 4 straight seasons, but they are still good.

But your point was that Memphis didn't give a $hit about not landing BJ. That is absolutely not true though. They wouldn't have thrown the offer his way if they didn't want him. It isn't a "we can take him or leave him" mentality with which Pastner recruits. There is purpose and intent behind who they recruit and offer. The reason I even bring up that this isn't the same Memphis team of previous years is not to compare UTEP to Memphis, but rather to point out that they aren't all that good anymore and Jones would've no doubt played big minutes in a Tiger uniform.

But your point was that Memphis didn't give a $hit about not landing BJ. That is absolutely not true though. They wouldn't have thrown the offer his way if they didn't want him. It isn't a "we can take him or leave him" mentality with which Pastner recruits. There is purpose and intent behind who they recruit and offer. The reason I even bring up that this isn't the same Memphis team of previous years is not to compare UTEP to Memphis, but rather to point out that they aren't all that good anymore and Jones would've no doubt played big minutes in a Tiger uniform.

I really don't think they care either way. Brodericks would probably have been a bench player at Memphis. Why do you think Brodericks chose UTEP?

I really don't think they care either way. Brodericks would probably have been a bench player at Memphis. Why do you think Brodericks chose UTEP?

Again, Memphis' PF had just left. The spot was wide open for BJ, or someone else, to step into. I think BJ chose UTEP for a variety of reasons, but I can only accept the reasons he actually gave. The rest would be mere assumptions...and we all know about those.

Reactions: develman
What reasons did he gave? Who is their right mind who choose UTEP over Memphis if it didn't mean about more playing time at UTEP?

He liked CTF's resume and connections. He liked that he had a high school teammate at UTEP. He felt at "home" in EP during his visit. He liked the prospect of immediate playing time. All good reasons imo.

Pastner sucks as a coach. Memphis has slid farther and farther away from their glory years and only show signs of continuing the trend. Not like Memphis is attracting top talent anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT