ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

That makes Dimel and his staff look bad. What took them so long to offer?? This local player is right here in El Paso and he has already had 4 offers?

Depends on who the offers were from. If he was offered by a similar school like UTSA then ok, I get the criticism. But offers from far ends of the spectrum like UT or Sul Ross are different. Those place him in different categories that either we can't compete with -- UT -- or that maybe he's just not ready at this level -- Sul Ross.

Depends on who the offers were from. If he was offered by a similar school like UTSA then ok, I get the criticism. But offers from far ends of the spectrum like UT or Sul Ross are different. Those place him in different categories that either we can't compete with -- UT -- or that maybe he's just not ready at this level -- Sul Ross.
I just looked, especially since they said “5th D1 offer”. D1 is technically FBS and FCS. So I was expecting a few FCS teams in there. Nope. Baylor, Tech, SMU, and UTSA. Fat chance he comes here. Nothing to be upset about.

I just looked, especially since they said “5th D1 offer”. D1 is technically FBS and FCS. So I was expecting a few FCS teams in there. Nope. Baylor, Tech, SMU, and UTSA. Fat chance he comes here. Nothing to be upset about.
Well, regardless of whether we ever had a chance or not, with offers like that, UTEP should have been on it and the 1st to offer.

Wait. He's a high school freshman and people are butt-hurt that UTEP was 5th to offer? A FRESHMAN?!

C'mon now. Let's get real here. THREE years of high school remain. NOBODY should be concerned that UTEP was 5th to offer.

Recruiting starts early when athletes are considered super talented and gifted. College recruiters are scoping talent all the time and won’t hesitate to make offers to HS underclass men. It looks like this kid is a special talent. The type of talent that is not common in El Paso. I’m glad UTEP offered him, but other big programs will follow.

Baylor offered first. This makes UTEPs coaching staff look bad. There is talent in El Paso and it takes a Baylor recruiter to spot it first??

Wait. He's a high school freshman and people are butt-hurt that UTEP was 5th to offer? A FRESHMAN?!

C'mon now. Let's get real here. THREE years of high school remain. NOBODY should be concerned that UTEP was 5th to offer.
It makes me think that they're not recruiting local talent. They didn't go to any of his games this year? You don't look at that kid and think wow, he's someone we should look at?

It makes me think that they're not recruiting local talent. They didn't go to any of his games this year? You don't look at that kid and think wow, he's someone we should look at?

I understand, jdubb. I guess my thinking is just that if he's so talented that he's been offered as a freshman by P5 schools then I can see why UTEP didn't offer right away. Probably think they can't/won't get him anyway.

I dunno, man. Way too much time though for things to happen before the kid ends up in college. I don't think it's anything that we should be concerned about. At least, I won't be. But, to each his own. I understand your frustration with UTEP not being first.

To me it’s whatever if they were the first or last to offer. An EP kid with this much talent and potential should be aiming for a blue chip program. Show the nation our kids can play with the best in the country.
The kid could potentially be the top back in Texas if not the country.

Yes, write that down.😝

He/They do. Dimel got 3 last signing.

Also, it's difficult to recruit from the southeast (the most competitive recruiting grounds there are) when you're almost closer to Los Angeles than you are Houston. Anything east of Houston, you have to have atleast a decent reputation... utep does not have the reputation to recruit nationally.

Which is why it would be great if utep were in a western based conference... utep has had a lot of success recruiting Cali and Arizona.

We played in a western based conference for many decades. We sucked then we suck now we will suck in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
He/They do. Dimel got 3 last signing.

I'm talking about football camps.

They should go to camps in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Lousiana. I'm sure those kids would love to leave and go far away.

Correction. We did NOT suck when we were in a western based conference. We have sucked ever since we left the west.
I believe Corona is only referring to football, since this is a football recruiting thread. UTEP football has sucked for almost 60 years, outside a handful of seasons.

Basketball on the other hand, sure - 1 NCAA Tournament since joining CUSA.

I'm talking about football camps.

They should go to camps in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Lousiana. I'm sure those kids would love to leave and go far away.

Why? You obviously have never been to a college campus down south. I started my collegiate career in a school in Alabama and it was by far the best college experience. I guess that’s why the south is dominating college football…because all the athletes want to get away. (Sarcasm)

I believe Corona is only referring to football, since this is a football recruiting thread. UTEP football has sucked for almost 60 years, outside a handful of seasons.

Basketball on the other hand, sure - 1 NCAA Tournament since joining CUSA.

Ah, yes. Apologies. I lost track of which thread I was in. I appreciate the clarification and withdraw my earlier objection.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Coach Dimel, please give UTEP fans a Christmas present. Win any bowl game. Any bowl game, or......
hes-gonna-find-the-jolliest-bunch-of-assholes-this-side-of-the-nuthouse-clark-griswold.gif

Why? You obviously have never been to a college campus down south. I started my collegiate career in a school in Alabama and it was by far the best college experience. I guess that’s why the south is dominating college football…because all the athletes want to get away. (Sarcasm)
Didn't Jadrian Taylor consider El Paso a big city? I'm talking about the kids that live in small towns. Most of those kids are broke and cant afford to move out. Not all of them can go to Alabama or LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT