ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Why is he a "huge" get?
He’s a talented player who continues to improve. He also fits Dimel’s offense. I’ve always thought he has ridiculous upside since watching him as a freshman and he just got super jacked over the past few months and is gonna be a specimen by the time this fall comes around for his senior year.

His sophomore year he struggled, but had a few good comeback wins after making costly mistakes and showed moxie and always bounced back as a young pup. Last year he steadily improved as the season went on and I think got a hurt a few times but I might be wrong on that. He threw 343 yards 4 teeters no picks against North Crowley who was unbeaten and they lost by a TD I think.

He’s gonna torch EP this year, I’m interested to see him in the playoffs against a DFW team again, that’ll tell a lot about if he’s a legit competitor to start here at UTEP early in his career but I’ll give Dimel credit for getting him now. This is actually good news and yall Know I hate me some Dimel, I like this kid’s potential. I won’t call it a huge get, but def a good addition.

He’s a talented player who continues to improve. He also fits Dimel’s offense. I’ve always thought he has ridiculous upside since watching him as a freshman and he just got super jacked over the past few months and is gonna be a specimen by the time this fall comes around for his senior year.

His sophomore year he struggled, but had a few good comeback wins after making costly mistakes and showed moxie and always bounced back as a young pup. Last year he steadily improved as the season went on and I think got a hurt a few times but I might be wrong on that. He threw 343 yards 4 teeters no picks against North Crowley who was unbeaten and they lost by a TD I think.

He’s gonna torch EP this year, I’m interested to see him in the playoffs against a DFW team again, that’ll tell a lot about if he’s a legit competitor to start here at UTEP early in his career but I’ll give Dimel credit for getting him now. This is actually good news and yall Know I hate me some Dimel, I like this kid’s potential. I won’t call it a huge get, but def a good addition.
There’s that Bigwood 101!

PBHS and their down the street competitor, El Dorado, could be 1 and 2 in the city.

That side of EP is growing and growing. Pebble Hills is attracting unbelievable talent because of its growth.

Good info, thanks

Did Dumas red shirt at UW? I guess maybe he wasn't happy about that?
Attrition was expected at the position, especially after running backs coach Lee Marks went out and secured not one, but two transfers at the position in Dillon Johnson and Daniyel Ngata. This is on top of bringing in three transfers last year in Dumas, Will Nixon and Wayne Taulapapa.”
https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/running-back-aaron-dumas-enters-the-transfer-portal

If Hardison can show even slight improvement, they’ll win 7+ games. Smith coming back, has to count for at least an extra win somewhere. They need to win on the road, to open the season. If they do, they probably sell out the home opener.

Reactions: jdubb66
If Hardison can show even slight improvement, they’ll win 7+ games. Smith coming back, has to count for at least an extra win somewhere. They need to win on the road, to open the season. If they do, they probably sell out the home opener.
Home opener is against Incarnate Word? And the opener is against Jacksonville State? I highly doubt we will see a sell out.

Maybe the UNLV game or the NMSU game, if utep shows out. I think utep fans are tired of being burned. They'll have to work harder to get the UNT/UTSA crowds.

They're not part of the UT system. They have very strict requirements for transferring credits. Pretty much none of his JUCO credits were going to transfer. He would have exhausted his playing eligibility and not received a degree if he's stuck it out at A&M. He needed to get his degree from UTEP first and then transfer there. Hopefully others learned from him on this.

They're not part of the UT system. They have very strict requirements for transferring credits. Pretty much none of his JUCO credits were going to transfer. He would have exhausted his playing eligibility and not received a degree if he's stuck it out at A&M. He needed to get his degree from UTEP first and then transfer there. Hopefully others learned from him on this.
Thanks for clarifying Taco!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT