ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

How about this?? Let's just post about recruits who actually have other D1 offers??

It’s about be 9 am EP time, NMSU has tweeted out some interesting and legit signees and UTEP has tweeted a got damn thing. ☹️

I think it’s legit to question the motivation and hustle of this coaching staff in lazy recruiting JUCOs and not hitting the portal hard or Texas HS kids or is it just zero interest from portal and HS kids and only the JUCOs want to play for Dimel? This is one the worst classes UTEP has had in the last 10 years and that’s saying a lot because there’s been some bad ones lol I’m frustrated with this program under Dimel man.

It’s about be 9 am EP time, NMSU has tweeted out some interesting and legit signees and UTEP has tweeted a got damn thing. ☹️

I think it’s legit to question the motivation and hustle of this coaching staff in lazy recruiting JUCOs and not hitting the portal hard or Texas HS kids or is it just zero interest from portal and HS kids and only the JUCOs want to play for Dimel? This is one the worst classes UTEP has had in the last 10 years and that’s saying a lot because there’s been some bad ones lol I’m frustrated with this program under Dimel man.
I would say that has been one of dimels strengths... recruiting fairly well. And focusing on JUCOs isn't necessarily a bad idea seeing as there is less competition for JUCOs. El Paso can be a difficult place to recruit to.

At the same time, I agree. This class definitely isn't looking strong. This program needs to find someone who can re-energize the program and the fan base.

I don't have a problem with Recruiting JUCO's he's gotten alot of pretty good players through the JUCO route and has built good relationships. Also, he gets guys that can be here for Spring Ball.

As far as the Transfer Portal, I don't get it. We did get the WR from UTSA and a DB from UNM, but when you see other schools sign 20 out of the Portal you have to wonder what we are doing.

This Class has 2 of the best recruits in the 247 era in RB Jolly and OL McDuffie. Also, Transer Dre Spriggs is a 3 Star. So there are a couple good names in the class. I wouldn't say its the worst ever. Not the Sexiest ever as they hit the Oline and Dline hard

what-he-said-look-up.gif

Reactions: T-6 Miner
We signed a 3-Star QB in the early Period. Seth Mouser. Also have Kevin Hurley and Jake McNamara to back up Hardison, who Dimel obviously loves.

I'm interested in the Spring Game to see these guys.
Very true I forgot about Mouser. There needs to be a guy or two who can develop behind Hardison or can take his spot just in case poor play and/or injury. Hope Mouser is the guy.

Reactions: utep-piggy
That's not Dimel its Barrick Nealy getting the RBs. I think Dimel should promote Nealy to OC.
That’s actually a pretty good idea you had. BN is a bright mind. I’d put my money on him being a head coach down the road.

He was a fun player to watch back in the day.

We signed a 3-Star QB in the early Period. Seth Mouser. Also have Kevin Hurley and Jake McNamara to back up Hardison, who Dimel obviously loves.

I'm interested in the Spring Game to see these guys.
McNamara is everything his brother is with the exception of height. I was able to see him play here in Franklin, TN. He is talented and I hope he gets a serious look and some playing time in the fall.

To add to what Bigwood said above. UTEP is again dropping the ball by not getting Dimel on the radio today to talk with Kappy about the recruits. Instead of Dimel, Kappy with be talking to Kill during the prime time radio spot. I am not blaming Kappy, I'm blaming UTEP and Dimel for this.

To add to what Bigwood said above. UTEP is again dropping the ball by not getting Dimel on the radio today to talk with Kappy about the recruits. Instead of Dimel, Kappy with be talking to Kill during the prime time radio spot. I am not blaming Kappy, I'm blaming UTEP and Dimel for this.

ca459c98-bff5-4cd1-b083-d736662e501f_text.gif

Pretty good assessment by Dave Campbell’s on UTEP’s recruiting class. I’m really excited with the addition of Jolly and Gossett as RBs and Mouser at QB. Very glad we were able to pick up McDuffie from Parkland HS in EP.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT