ADVERTISEMENT

Former Canadian bballer enrolled at UTEP eh...via Kappy

He played at a Canadian college last year. What about his eligibility at UTEP? Anyone think that UTEP has figured out the foreign player eligibility issues yet? (McSwiggin)

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Floyd either has an obsession with guards, or he doesn't have a lot of faith in our current crop. Perhaps omega is the issue?

This must be that guard that Alex, from Miner Rush, reported was coming from out of left field.

If players 6' 6" and below were allowed to play basketball UTEP would dominate because it seems like its all he wants to recruit.

If the guy put up 35 pts in a game against an American college, sign me up. We need someone that can fill the scoring void that Lee Moore's departure left us with. Don't care if he's a guard or not, because we are extremely young at the position.

If the guy put up 35 pts in a game against an American college, sign me up. We need someone that can fill the scoring void that Lee Moore's departure left us with. Don't care if he's a guard or not, because we are extremely young at the position.
35 points in an offseason exhibition game against a team that went 9-21 and finished last in the Big South last year............................................meh.

McSwiggan never played... Sloof Lipra never made it here from Latvia or wherever he was from so I'm not holding much hope out for another foreigner.

35 points in an offseason exhibition game against a team that went 9-21 and finished last in the Big South last year............................................meh.

It's cool bro. Ain't nobody trying to convince you to let go of your hurt that gets deeper by the year. I don't blame you for your pessimism.

But not everybody went out and scored 35 points that game. Any kid that puts that many points up, is a scorer. It is a rare feat in the college game, regardless of who the opponent is.

We need somebody who can put the ball in the bucket. Hopefully this guy fits the mold.

Alright, pep talk over...as you were.;)

Andy Morgan‏@AndyMorganNC9 3m3 minutes ago

UTEP signs 6'5 Canadian, Isiah Osborne. Averaged 15 PPG at Windsor College (Ontario) in 2015. 3 years of eligibility remaining. #NC9Sports

From UTEP's web site:

Sept. 1, 2016

UTEP Basketball Coach Tim Floyd announced on Thursday that Isiah Osborne has signed a financial aid agreement and will join the Miner basketball team. Osborne is enrolled in school and eligible to practice with the Miners. UTEP Athletics officials are in the process of determining if a waiver could be filed that would grant him immediate eligibility during the 2016-17 season. If not, he would be eligible to play in 2017-18 provided he serves a year in residence. He would have three years of eligibility with the Miners.

Dropping 35 at any level, even against inferior talent, is impressive. Basketball is a very hard game to master. Don't kid yourself. Canadian basketball players at this level, IMO, have solid basketball fundamentals and coachable to play at high D1 level American ball. Their downside, killer instinct and that's what Haskins loved about your inner city ballers, they had fire in their belly all the time, just like your young soccer players in international large cities who only have soccer as a constructive conduit.

Reactions: miner1liner
How many points do you think ho should have scored ? 50?, 75?, 158?

If we played Charleston Southern, I highly doubt anyone on our current roster would score 35. I give Osborne credit for his performance.

I'm sure the kid is a fine player, but I feel we have some pretty good representation at guard already . I've yet to see us even sniff the ass of a decent forward the past couple years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT