MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
The starting line-up vs NMSU needs to be

PG Osborne
SG Omega
SG Frazier
SF Wade
C Willms

This gives the miners the most athletic defensive minded shooting team on the floor.

Thomas, Gilyard and Smith off the bench. Thomas needs to focus on rebounding cause this team needs him badly. Wade is giving us about the same and blocking shots so he gets the start. Gilyard needs time but should be big contributer and remains pesky on D. Smith needs to blockout and rebound. His athleticism is no where near Jones's so he needs to use that body and dominate the boards.

I feel bad for Flaggert but he is no match for Frazier. Touchet is a SG not a PG. I'm not sure why Floyd doesn't see this? I even asked Touchet after the 1st scrimmage why he doesn't shoot more and said "my job is to get the offense set up". McGee should have redshirted. If I were him I would ask now as its likely Floyd will be gone soon.

I like the lineup but the offensive scheme need to change with that line up too, more drive and kick and pick and roll. Wade is a SG who can rebound so expecting him to be a monster on the board would be unreasonable. I would make rebounding a team effort. I would increase the offense of pace because we have weapons who can score.

"Yeah ..Touchet is the non- shooting shooting guard, the non- play making playmaker and non free throw shooting free throw shooter. "

...The non-winning winner...

So now how about this

SG Osborne
SG Omega
SG Frazier
SF Wade
PF Thomas

Smith, Flaggert and Gilyard off the bench. Just play straight up man to man (with Osborne on Lofton) or a 2-3 zone with back side help and team rebounding to keep Chuha and Jones off the boards and limit 2nd chances. Thomas, Wade and Smith must block out, rebound and get back on defense if UTEP has any chance to win.

I think that lineup looks right. I think we will see Gilyard in there to defend the Aggies Pg. They will likely man up against Lofton, and try to make the other guys beat them. I see it being a long night for the Miners, with Jones and Chuha grabbing tons of offensive boards; just like last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT