ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck this week

TraderRaider

New guy
Jan 15, 2004
Hope both teams escape with no injuries. I hope the Miner Fans that go, have a great time and make it home safely. May the best team win. Just like you, I think my team is best. I guess we find out Saturday.

We went to the game last year and I really like El Paso. The mountain is incredible and the people we met were great. And your campus is beautiful. We actually stayed in the Hotel on campus. Pretty cool.

Thanks Jeep. I told my wife last year that you could blindfold anyone and release them in El Paso and they would be able to identify the city faster than any other town in Texas. The Mountain, and the rock walls are something indigenous to El Paso. You really have a neat town and we are blown away by your campus. We LOVED the Spanish architecture. It's perfect for your campus. I guess they finished the central area by the bodega (or whatever that Asian looking structure is) They were working on that area last year when we were there.

Good luck this week. If you're traveling on the highways, be safe.

Reactions: allminer
Thanks Jeep. I told my wife last year that you could blindfold anyone and release them in El Paso and they would be able to identify the city faster than any other town in Texas. The Mountain, and the rock walls are something indigenous to El Paso. You really have a neat town and we are blown away by your campus. We LOVED the Spanish architecture. It's perfect for your campus. I guess they finished the central area by the bodega (or whatever that Asian looking structure is) They were working on that area last year when we were there.

Good luck this week. If you're traveling on the highways, be safe.

It is a beautiful campus but oddly enough the architecture is Bhutanese and not Spanish. I am glad the folks at UTEP stayed true to the architecture since a lot of campuses have modern monstrosities on them that match nothing else already on campus.

It is a beautiful campus but oddly enough the architecture is Bhutanese and not Spanish. I am glad the folks at UTEP stayed true to the architecture since a lot of campuses have modern monstrosities on them that match nothing else already on campus.

I stand corrected. Thanks. It still looks appropriate for the region. At least I think so. But what do I know.

I stand corrected. Thanks. It still looks appropriate for the region. At least I think so. But what do I know.

I agree, the buildings do look fantastic for this region. So did Kathleen Worrell, the wife of the first dean. You can select the following link for the history of UTEP's Bhutanese architecture:

http://admin.utep.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=53233

To see some actual Bhutanese dzong's, the inspiration for UTEP's buildings, do a google image search on "Dzong Architecture."

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck to your team tomorrow (but not too much luck).

Last edited:
Reactions: TraderRaider
No worries Raider, Jones will probably get over 150 yards rushing but you all will torch us for 650+ in the air. Reading the media reports, Kugler is in "oh, shat!" because the secondary is no better than our local catholic high school secondary and our offensive line will have to play a flawless game because if UTEP get's into long yardage situations, they're screwed because Kugler's offensive sets will be extremely limited because he never bothered to develop a passing game. The bright spot is our defensive coordinator, Stoker. He was on TT's short list for that position last year. He's has fire in his belly and he will probably throw some (new) defensive schemes to try to slow you down somewhat. In 1985 UTEP beat the BYU National Champs at the Sun Bowl. They did two things well defensively to win that game: The tackling was quick and they only rushed two from the line, everyone else dropped back and covered the passing lanes. I think a UTEP defensive asst. guru like Stoker can pull something like that off. If not, it will be another all Big XII night for your qb.

2step, very interesting about the '85 BYU game. I didn't know that. Very impressive.

I remember the last time UTEP played in Lubbock. I thought you guys were going to win that one. There was some very cool UTEP fans sitting behind us. Every time we did the RAIDER POWER yell, instead of yelling RAIDER, they would scream out OUTAGE. SO it was POWER OUTAGE, instead of RAIDER POWER. I got a kick out of that.

It seems like UTEP and Tech is always a good hard fought game. Probably what we get tomorrow as well.

If you guys are travelling , be safe. Lots of texting on the highway now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT