ADVERTISEMENT

Good win.

Good win, going into conference play. Not too hard and not too easy... Miners had good ball movement, which could help their confidence... Time to win CUSA, or at least fight trying!
Happy for any win, but this was a very inferior basketball team we played. We should have scored over 100. 11 for 24 from the line and probably 25% on shots in the paint. Several possessions had multiple missed layups...one after another. Needs to get a lot bettef

Couldn't watch the game, but I feel like we should hold a team like UT Rio Grande to less than 64pts... much less.

I'd also like to see our young bigs start to out-rebound the guards.

Not sure what to expect for conference play. Just hope we at least compete for a conference title...

Reactions: miner1liner
Río Grande is a team that should make most college basketball teams look like they have no weaknesses. It's not a good win but it's a win. Hopefully Floyd can finally make a team gel and play good during conference play.

Reactions: liebestraum
Thank You all for the level headed comments. This was not a great win, but a win and that's all. I understand the post here and yes it's good to get momentum going into conference, but this game was supposed to be easy. The Miners made it closer than it should've been, by careless turnovers, easu misses and horrendous FT shooting. It's still going to take time to get all the pieces playing together, but we are at full strength now and hopefully we can gel soon and make a run at this thing after a disappointing non conference. Also encouraged that D.A. is playing better at PG we will need him.

Pan American won a D2 National championship awhile back. They are a bonafied D1 team y'all. Good win for the Miners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT