ADVERTISEMENT

Group spends millions raised online building border wall on private Sunland Park property

rOlv8PI.jpg

Ironically the contractors that Use American Eagle Brick Company probably employ hundreds if not thousands of illegal immigrants. I can almost guarantee that at least 2 people that built that half-mile wall are illegal immigrants. The irony is thick.

Reactions: redrob and unihorn
No matter your feelings about the wall or immigration, shows private enterprise can get the job done better than the government.

Realm is a little puzzled... isn't there flat land on both the North and South side of Mt Cristo Rey??

Why spend $6 million to fence in only 1/2 mile of the hardest stretch of the border??

With limited funds... and even more limited foresight... Maybe this is WHY things go wrong when you put projects in the hands of private industry and a scam artist like Brian Kolfage.

Shitttt... you had me and my buds at MAGA worried for a second... By ALL MEANS, Continue building YOUR fking wall. Realm
alien.gif

60332582_1113357015531257_1116841653311635456_n.jpg.78db1024052ae4a5f2c25477f1364a35.jpg

I’m no MAGA, but this is an interesting model for private property along the border (Texas).

If the property owner wants it, and it’s funded by private citizens, isn’t that within their rights?

Reactions: Cube Jack
shows private enterprise can get the job done better than the government.
This can apply to a lot of things. Where I live toll roads are opened months ahead of schedule and millions under budget. Imagine having road work on I-10 and I-35 completed that effectively.

Using federal agents as security guards on paved roads to patrol within the business property

Last edited:
Reactions: unihorn
According to what I'm seeing right now the city has issued a cease-and-desist because they didn't have proper permits. This makes me wonder about the rest of the city

Realm is a little puzzled... isn't there flat land on both the North and South side of Mt Cristo Rey??

Why spend $6 million to fence in only 1/2 mile of the hardest stretch of the border??

With limited funds... and even more limited foresight... Maybe this is WHY things go wrong when you put projects in the hands of private industry and a scam artist like Brian Kolfage.

Shitttt... you had me and my buds at MAGA worried for a second... By ALL MEANS, Continue building YOUR fking wall. Realm
alien.gif

60332582_1113357015531257_1116841653311635456_n.jpg.78db1024052ae4a5f2c25477f1364a35.jpg

Maybe that's why they have a building code? I guess 8 million to give the liberals the finger is a better use of money they assisting folks who lost their homes to the recent tornados in Ohio? Oh well it's all about our priorities as a nation.

Last edited:
In El Paso proper, you cannot build a fence taller than 6' without a permit. It can be 5'11.5" no questions asked. At least that's what the contracter told me.

In El Paso proper, you cannot build a fence taller than 6' without a permit. It can be 5'11.5" no questions asked. At least that's what the contracter told me.
But this is technically New Mexico.

I’m no MAGA, but this is an interesting model for private property along the border (Texas).

If the property owner wants it, and it’s funded by private citizens, isn’t that within their rights?
Not if the height of the fencing runs afoul of the homeowners association regulations.

Not if the height of the fencing runs afoul of the homeowners association regulations.
Just a guess, but I'm betting there is no homeowners association anywhere near where the fence was built.

I thought I heard the man in charge said he received TWO approvals. I don't know and I really don't care. People donated money (BTW the money was donated long before the tornadoes...JS) of their own. Obviously THEY wanted it built. It's on land owned by a private citizen. Obviously Sunland Park is run by democrats. If the demos were for the wall, nothing would have been said except a bunch of high fives and atta boys. If Dems built the fence and repubs were running Sunland, they would complain.

People gotta bi*&h about every.damn.thing. Whatever happened to saying "that's stupid....oh well...."?
For the record, Sunland likes the attention they are getting. They NOW feel important.

Reactions: ZonaMiner
You would think a "brick" company could build their own wall.... and cheaper.

8 freaking million BUCKS!!!!! for 800 yds of WALL!!! sounds steep. I bet the man who started this go fund me campaign got a huge kick back from the company who built the brickless wall.

I find it interesting that the congressman thinks the cartel paid off Sunland Park. If anything, I would have guessed the cock fighters taking their cocks to Juarez would be the prime suspect. I mean a couple lap dances can't be that expensive.

This is going to end up in courts and it will be very interesting how this will plays out. Lawyers are the winners here and are going to have good payday before this is finished.

Reactions: develman

Not if it interferes with an easement.

No matter your feelings about the wall or immigration, shows private enterprise can get the job done better than the government.
"Don't take away my social security!!" said an old lady from Kentucky to Dubya years ago.

No matter what you think of Christopher Columbus, he wouldn't have made it across the globe without the government.

Those freeways were not a privatized endeavor.

I guess we've forgotten the financial crisis of '08? Private corporations shut the financial valves and holed up trillions of dollars even after the government begged them to free that money up and they refused. Obama, love him or hate him, told the greedy "you made this mess, you clean up this mess!". Everyday government and the private sector work hand in hand, private needs the government and vice versa.

A synic might say the private sector capitalizes on public funds by rubbing elbos and catering to politicians worst traits in order to gain favor in contract bids. How often does it happen? All the time. Its the biggest of corruptions in our society. But they'll never build a wall between politics and free enterprise. "They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

"Don't take away my social security!!" said an old lady from Kentucky to Dubya years ago.

No matter what you think of Christopher Columbus, he wouldn't have made it across the globe without the government.

Those freeways were not a privatized endeavor.

I guess we've forgotten the financial crisis of '08? Private corporations shut the financial valves and holed up trillions of dollars even after the government begged them to free that money up and they refused. Obama, love him or hate him, told the greedy "you made this mess, you clean up this mess!". Everyday government and the private sector work hand in hand, private needs the government and vice versa.

Actually, the financial crisis of 08 was encouraged by gov't by waay of the CRA. The further expansion of high risk loans were encouraged by lawmakers, which included Obama. It of course was an attempt to free up credit to low income/ minority families, thus making home ownership attainable to more Americans.

It of course helped drive a massive housing bubble that for a while seemed pretty good for the economy, but every bubble tends to bust. Much of our economy's actually driven this way, which is why the term "boom/bust" is commonly used to describe our economic cycles. t's a good example of how emotionally driven policies can actually hurt people in the long run, if not thought out carefully..

And no, Obama didn't tell anyone to clean up their mess. He saved specific financial institutions with bailouts. Essentially, Obama told YOU the taxpayer to clean up the mess...

Reactions: colominer
A synic might say the private sector capitalizes on public funds by rubbing elbos and catering to politicians worst traits in order to gain favor in contract bids. How often does it happen? All the time. Its the biggest of corruptions in our society. But they'll never build a wall between politics and free enterprise. "They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
Very true. But for those who operate in a legit ethical and moral manner put in for bids everyday all over the country to build roads, parks, buildings etc.

Actually, the financial crisis of 08 was encouraged by gov't by waay of the CRA. The further expansion of high risk loans were encouraged by lawmakers, which included Obama. It of course was an attempt to free up credit to low income/ minority families, thus making home ownership attainable to more Americans.

It of course helped drive a massive housing bubble, that eventually collapsed. It's a good example of how emotionally driven policies can actually hurt people in the long run, if not thought out carefully..

And no, Obama didn't tell anyone to clean up their mess. He saved specific financial institutions with bailouts. Essentially, Obama told YOU the taxpayer to clean up the mess...
No sir. Not true. Dead men tell no tales but McCain and the Keating 5 set this country down a dark road. Bill Clinton did create "no money down" residential loans which had good intentions but created to the problem and compounded over time. Corrections ensued and a more centralized approach in the real estate market was created (I work in it). No one was making those private financial institutions decide on high risk loans. Long story short, along comes "Dodd-Frank" but the same risky investments are still going on. They just relabeled the financial transactions. What you can accuse Obama of is basically kicking the can down the road because there will be another crisis because the feds basically said "Keep Calm and Carry On" attitude. We will have another crisis.

I guess I'm a little confused...

I read up on the Keating 5 scandal, as I was unaware of it. Basically McCain (among with 4 other Democrats) were given substantial campaign donations, and in return they encouraged the FHLBB to back off on investigating Lincoln Savings and their improper investment practices. It's maybe a small part of a larger problem, but not the actual issue we're discussing.

The federal gov't did indeed spur the collapse by backing GSE's and encouraging risky loans. This is indisputable. Loans were not so easy to come by when private entities risked total collapse if their risky investments didn't pan out.

There's a nice video where Frank, Obama, and others chastised certain lawmakers (including mccain) who were sounding the alarms of this practice. I just did a quick vid search and found this, but there's some better one's out there.

You are correct, though. We are in the midst of another bubble. Where I live, I rented a decent ~500/600sqft apartment for about $800/mo 5yrs ago. That same apartment is 1,400/mo right now. The housing prices have increased at the same rate. Another correction is coming, and this one may actually be worse than 08...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT