ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again...

jamasterj

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2001
I've got Direct Tv but those channels listed I don't have in my package and it's not the regular basic package either that I have, it's the next tier level. Don't tell me I'm going to have to spend an extra 15, 20 bucks to get those sports channels to watch my Miners. The sad thing about all this is that I would rather spend that extra cash to watch the Miners through UTEP (Miner TV) than give it to Direct TV. So now the next question, is there a link out there, besides the ASN link, that works. The ASN link for some reason has it listed but they don't allow access to it, bunch a bs...we need to get the hell out of this conference, seriously. I'm scratching and clawing to find links and going up and down the TV guide to find the Miner games and nothing. Meanwhile, as I'm flipping through the ESPN channels through out the week, I'm noticing SMU, Tulane and ECU games on a regular basis...very frustrating.

Bring back the Amen chant!

I would like to know if anyone, anywhere has benefited from this American Sports Network/Sinclair fiasco. Before the season started I subscribed to Miner TV as always. After the fact, we get introduced to this damn thing. I have not been able to get anything in Dallas and if I did, I'd have to pay again and again as I understand it. The games that have available to watch on Miner TV are very, very few. The whole situation stinks!!!!!

Tonight's game is the second time this season that a game listed on the American Sports Network is not listed on my guide (I have Dish). The other one, I was able to pick on their website. I've read far too many horror stories about Miner TV to waste my money on it. I've been able to watch more games this year on TV than I can remember. The ASN is an improvement, but I agree, C-USA could and should do better.

Originally posted by shyminer81:
Locally in Portland its a ASN game, but its NOT UTEP it's UTPA playing! Bull!!!!!!!!!!
My cousin getting the game in San Diego...weird crap!

I feel CUSA did a great job of leaving ESPN and signing with FoxSports. I can't recall watching so many Miner games on tv, at the same time this is with DirectV and the sports package.

GO MINERS!

I'm not that enthused with ASN. I got lucky in that when I renewed my cable plan they threw in a sports package that includes a Comcast channel that usually carries ASN games. If not, I'd be SOL because Houston doesn't have a Sinclair affiliate. I'm glad that none of our home games have been on ASN because that means Miner TV is blacked out. Unless something changes next year, I probably won't be able to pick them up any more.

Im a fan of the American. Last year I relied ALOT more on crappy online feeds from shady websites. This year I get quality feeds which is great for me

ASN has been good for the most part... I have watched a ton of games, but sometimes you get weeks like this... ASN says it will show it, and yet locally on the sinclair channel and DISH will not show it... At least they have a link now and then...

Agreed. There have been more games on TV than I can remember. Really nice to see they are on more often to build a stronger connection between the fans and the players. That relatedness builds a fan base.

Do any of you El Pasoans have Uverse and if so could you watch the game.? A friend has Uverse and couldn't find the game

Originally posted by miner1liner:

Do any of you El Pasoans have Uverse and if so could you watch the game.? A friend has Uverse and couldn't find the game
Not shown on Uverse, but I just added $24 over the air digital antenna to my TV. The ASN games are shown either on the alternate KFOX or KVIA channel, or both. Quality isn't great and I can't DVR it, but at least I get to watch it without dealing with freezing and buffering.

UVERSE in EPT and I have seen every single road game! Love ASN! One game I watched online at work, and awsome feed, zero problems.

Question

Where do you live and exactly what sports package do you have. I do see the Miner games on the guide but you have to pay up to the next sports package to get those channels. What good does that do for the casual fan, there's your 3 or 4 thousand that we lack at the DHC. What's even more frustrating is when they show the Miners, but at home, on a more accessible channel like CBS Sports Channel or the FoxSports SW channel...just all freaking backwards.

I don't have the package at home, so I have missed a couple games. I was bowling last night at Bowl El Paso and apparently they don't have the package either. :(

I do have it on the westside.... Channel 640 on direct.

Re: Question

Originally posted by jamasterj:
Where do you live and exactly what sports package do you have. I do see the Miner games on the guide but you have to pay up to the next sports package to get those channels. What good does that do for the casual fan, there's your 3 or 4 thousand that we lack at the DHC. What's even more frustrating is when they show the Miners, but at home, on a more accessible channel like CBS Sports Channel or the FoxSports SW channel...just all freaking backwards.

Live in El Paso, DirectV sports pack has not shown any Miner games at home except the UAB game which aired on CBS Network. So they've done a good job of not interfering with attendance by airing game at home. At same time they've done a good job of airing almost every road game. Looking at utepathletics.com and checking the schedule lets you know which games will be on tv.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT