ADVERTISEMENT

Utep vs old Border Conference Rival Arizona Predictions

It looked like Franklin was down.
It was tough to tell without slow motion. It looked like there might have been a player underneath him so the ball was out before any knee or elbow or anything touched the ground.

Reactions: Rot
Didn't even bother reading through this thread. I can already imagine what happened. If I could I would just start making prop bets on UTEP/Dimels' stupidity. At least it would make the season bearable.

UTEP loses a lot of seniors after this season and will be starting over.....again. The timing is ripe for change. Meanwhile Senter keeps his head in the sand.

I'm kinda hoping that MBB gets off to a rough start and Wilson finally makes a move.

No love for Hurley? I figured this board would be making unsubstantiated miraculous predictions about him already.
I feel the same way and am surprised, but I tell you why no one's mentioning him. Everyone is just fed up at this point, people didn't actually up to eat h the game and just see the score and said same ol Miners, or that it was the 3rd team. For those of us that actually wat he's the game here's the non orange 🍊 colored realistic look at the game and the Miners going forward.
-Same crappy offensive blunders, except this time it was more on the receivers dropping passes than Hardison just playing poorly.
-Arizona QB is a problem!!! Very athletic and made things happen and Arizona will be in the upper half of the PAC12 this year.
- Defense got blown away by the Arizona Offensive line for most of the game, but T. Knight is our best player and it showed as he made some plays.(He'll play on Sundays)
- Hardison was beyond frustrated with his receivers. It was a 7-3 game with 2 min left in the half and if they make some plays UTEP is right there. That's not Dimel tall, that's a fact from watching the game. It was 17-3 in the middle of the 3rd and I never got the sense the Miners would challenge them, because the offense just wasn't clicking.
-Hurleys drive and pass was the best offensive drive for the Miners this year. Problem was it was the 3rd team, but it was fun to watch and this kid looks like he can really play!!!
-Overall better effort against a way better team than NW. Problem is idk if we can score TDs on a consistent basis vs anyone really!

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I feel the same way and am surprised, but I tell you why no one's mentioning him. Everyone is just fed up at this point, people didn't actually up to eat h the game and just see the score and said same ol Miners, or that it was the 3rd team. For those of us that actually wat he's the game here's the non orange 🍊 colored realistic look at the game and the Miners going forward.
-Same crappy offensive blunders, except this time it was more on the receivers dropping passes than Hardison just playing poorly.
-Arizona QB is a problem!!! Very athletic and made things happen and Arizona will be in the upper half of the PAC12 this year.
- Defense got blown away by the Arizona Offensive line for most of the game, but T. Knight is our best player and it showed as he made some plays.(He'll play on Sundays)
- Hardison was beyond frustrated with his receivers. It was a 7-3 game with 2 min left in the half and if they make some plays UTEP is right there. That's not Dimel tall, that's a fact from watching the game. It was 17-3 in the middle of the 3rd and I never got the sense the Miners would challenge them, because the offense just wasn't clicking.
-Hurleys drive and pass was the best offensive drive for the Miners this year. Problem was it was the 3rd team, but it was fun to watch and this kid looks like he can really play!!!
-Overall better effort against a way better team than NW. Problem is idk if we can score TDs on a consistent basis vs anyone really!
Ok, so Hurley’s TD was against third stringers. Do you think that any of the teams we face after UNLV has more talent than Arizona?

None of us had seen Hurley and the knock on him was he could run but not throw.

He goes out there and throws a dot for a TD.

I think the reason no one talks about it, is because no one saw it.
I thought Hurley looked good throwing, along with Jolley running/catching. Obviously, it was a small sample size against backups.

The link below has some highlights starting around the 9:00 minute mark.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
You know Dimel is blindly loyal to Hardison when we saw what this team could be with Brownholtz last year.

I didn't see the Hurley drive, and sure it was against backups... but wtf not give him a shot.

Last edited:
You know Dimel is blindly loyal to Hardison when we saw what this team could be with Brownholtz last year.

I didn't see the Hurley drive, and sure it was against backups... but wtf not give him a shot.
It was against backups, but it was impressive the way he led the team on a scoring drive and the throw was actually elite level! I think a lot of people on here are making comments, and saying same Moments, but didn't actually eat h the whole game. I have a breakdown and think it was pretty accurate. It was definitely better than NW game, but same issues as always with Dimel team, They can't score TDs.

From my perspective, Hurley stood tall in the pocket, seemed poised, showed a quick release, was accurate and posed a threat as a runner and throws a nice catchable ball. The team seemed to have a different energy when he was out there with them.

From my perspective, Hurley stood tall in the pocket, seemed poised, showed a quick release, was accurate and posed a threat as a runner and throws a nice catchable ball. The team seemed to have a different energy when he was out there with them.
I look forward to following his college career and wondering what could have been if he had gotten a chance to play at UTEP.

Arizona in my opinion will not be even close to upper part of the pac 12

Reactions: EPUTEP
I look forward to following his college career and wondering what could have been if he had gotten a chance to play at UTEP.
Accurate
Arizona in my opinion will not be even close to upper part of the pac 12
By upper I mean like top 6 not top 3 or 4. Pac12 is stacked this year I know, but they'll go bowling probably be about 7-5. So I could've also said middle of the pack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT