ADVERTISEMENT

Hey....

Sounds like a good plan to me. Go eat a plate of machaca at Lucy's, and then onto King's X for brews and UTEP Basketball.

It's ok. To each his own. I like Lucy's. The X? Not so much. I'm kinda a clean bar kinda guy.....
The owner of the X stops by to visit all the time. Nice guy. I hope he always does well business wise.

Just tossing out info so anyone that wants to visit will be aware. We usually get a decent crowd for the games and Thursday is $2 Corona night. Saturday is $2 Ultra.....(many many liquor specials as well)....so yeah....

I have to bowl Thursday so I will be on the eastside. :)

Reactions: Uteper
OUCH! For the record I like both places. Love the Lucy's Burger though.

I apologize, Tortuga. It totally went over my head you are the owner/operator of Tortuga Sports Lounge. Duh! I did not mean any offense by my prior post. I have been to Tortuga's a few times when in town, and enjoy eating and drinking there. (It is much cleaner than the X) I'll be there again for the Western Kentucky/1966 throw back night.

Lol, just giving you a hard time. Couldn't resist cuz it seems like the X can have any Miner game, no matter how difficult the channel, and you come on here to say you might get it even though it will be in pretty much every household. No hard feelings

"Usually" I'm not too thin skinned. I have no problem with the X. Obviously people like it there since they have been around before Haskins was born. They are obviously doing something right.

I don't know the TV setup at the X. We have direct and carry a lot of different sports packages. Still, when the game are on 14.2 it's hard to get. Maybe I can throw some rabbit ears in the ceiling so I can have at least 1 tv on it. I will be at the bar tonight and will double check to see if 640 will be working. If it's on tonight, we will get it tomorrow. What you fail to realize is most places don't get all the games. The X is special in that regard. I would prefer to have our awesome big screen have my miners on it. Just not too sure how to make that work...

Hey...at least I'm not a troll....you know where to find me. ha!

"Usually" I'm not too thin skinned. I have no problem with the X. Obviously people like it there since they have been around before Haskins was born. They are obviously doing something right.

I don't know the TV setup at the X. We have direct and carry a lot of different sports packages. Still, when the game are on 14.2 it's hard to get. Maybe I can throw some rabbit ears in the ceiling so I can have at least 1 tv on it. I will be at the bar tonight and will double check to see if 640 will be working. If it's on tonight, we will get it tomorrow. What you fail to realize is most places don't get all the games. The X is special in that regard. I would prefer to have our awesome big screen have my miners on it. Just not too sure how to make that work...

Hey...at least I'm not a troll....you know where to find me. ha!
You should offer MinerDigs members a discount- at least the "good " members :D

Hey Tortuga, do you have anything for kids to do while watching the games? I have a 6 year old. Also, do you have 80's night or bands?

We have internet darts, regular darts, a basketball game, and duck hunter (when it feels like turning on) We also have a beer pong machine, but that's not age appropriate and the computer went down last week anyway.
I am looking at adding some more games, but it depends on what my vendor has available. (sometimes he has issues keeping them running) Late night kids get a little rambunctious. I used to have a checkers set but no clue where that thing went....

Our Thursday night DJ (he's new) plays more old school music. Friday DJ is more towards hip hop. Saturday is more current top 40, EDM, etc.....None of our DJs start before 10. We show sports until then. (after as well, but sound is then on music)
I used to have a band every Friday. Did a lot of 70-80s music. Our crowds dwindled and bands require more money to play. Wasn't cost effective.

We do have Karaoke every wednesday and Sunday night too. Wednesday it starts at 9. We have several older guys singing...LOL

Game time is fast approaching! We've had quite a few calls about the game. It seems we might have a good turnout....

Picks up!

Reactions: miner661
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT