ADVERTISEMENT

I Actually Think The Losses Would Have Been Worse Without Price

El Paso 777

MI Regular
Oct 15, 2017
I think UTEP would have lost by a lot more if Kugler was still here. I never imagined a quick fix with Price, but at least UTEP is more competitive and the games overall are more fun to watch.

Reactions: Rot and Cube Jack
I actually think they tried calling in Bob Stoops to take over after Kugler walked out for the last seven games but he was unavailable.

I think UTEP would have lost by a lot more if Kugler was still here. I never imagined a quick fix with Price, but at least UTEP is more competitive and the games overall are more fun to watch.

I actually agree. The WKU game SHOULD have been a win and the team played better than it had all season. UTSA was closer than the final score even with the poor passing, but really UTSA benefited from two terrible interceptions and a drive extended by a defensive holding call and a targeting penalty.

Reactions: El Paso 777
You MIGHT be right about the games being closer (thank God we won't know), but as you have said under various other handles, isn't a loss still a loss?

As for being more fun to watch, I will say no. 243 yards offense is not fun to watch. But alas, you've said that under different handles as well.

To me it's not only more fun to actually see a passing game, but it's really just the intensity of the team. They look like they are having fun. I am by no means saying it is fun to lose and we should accept a losing team,but it beats watching Kugler football.

losing is losing....que no?

Losing by double digits and running the ball is not fun to watch. Sure, we lost three game but at least we had a great chance to beat Western Kentucky and we kept it close most of the game UTSA. How many other times has that happened this season?

There was some excitement and energy at the WKU game. I don’t think anyone can deny that. Aside from those horrendous FG attempts, the stadium wasn’t full of moans and groans.

The defense has played way better these last couple of weeks but the inept offense and penalties have killed them.

I’m not happy watching this team lose but at this point I am looking at them the same way I saw the 02-03 basketball team, Gillespie’s first year when he had like 7 players on the team. Everyone knew we were going to lose but people did admire their hustle and the fact that they didn’t give up. We’re just trying to find positives.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Short out routes on 3rd down via bootlegs to the short side of the field are not fun to watch, blown coverages are not fun to watch, terrible QB's are not fun to watch. Price has done nothing but crack jokes to the media, he even admitted it he hasn't done anything. This team sucks no matter how us fans try to spin it. Lets move on to basketball....

We don't have the players to run a Mike Price offense. We have no QB and no quality WR's. Kugler left the program a mess and it's his fault not Price's fault. Rice is terrible and they blew us out at home with Kugler as HC. We would still be winless even if we hired Nick Saban as intern coach.

We don't have the players to run a Mike Price offense. We have no QB and no quality WR's. Kugler left the program a mess and it's his fault not Price's fault. Rice is terrible and they blew us out at home with Kugler as HC. We would still be winless even if we hired Nick Saban as intern coach.
Mike Price didn't have the players to run Mike Price offense 6 years ago either.
But the point is our talent level is VERY low....until the new coach comes in and wins 6 games next year... ;)

Short out routes on 3rd down via bootlegs to the short side of the field are not fun to watch, blown coverages are not fun to watch, terrible QB's are not fun to watch. Price has done nothing but crack jokes to the media, he even admitted it he hasn't done anything. This team sucks no matter how us fans try to spin it. Lets move on to basketball....

It beats running the ball very down.

Nobody is denying the team sucks, but they are playing better under Price.

Well, David Lucero broke his hand and Josh Weeks won't be back for another two weeks or so... I'm not sure if there will be a bunch of TE passes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT