ADVERTISEMENT

I guess you guys really dont wanna win

Aug 23, 2016
Dimel? Really? There's no way somebody else wasn't interested in the job. I would have went with the HC at one of the high schools like Montwood or El Dorado before resorting to Dimel.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
Dimel? Really? There's no way somebody else wasn't interested in the job. I would have went with the HC at one of the high schools like Montwood or El Dorado before resorting to Dimel.

Sure... forget the guy who has 30 years experience coaching in college and played in the Big 8 for three seasons. Let's go with a guy with 6 years high school head coaching experience over that and only 2 at his current high school... or the other guy who at least played 4 years at UTEP and has 2 years high school head coaching experience.

In all seriousness, former HC Sean Kugler hired a former Montwood coach and productivity went down. It was clear he was not FBS assistant ready.

UTEP is attempting to win using the experimental 'more with less' theoretical approach currently implemented by world renown athletic genius, Dr Diana Natalicio. She postulates that winning is possible at UTEP if the athletic department is ignored and neglected by the UTEP administration and provided only with meager financial resources to hire the worst possible and the most affordable coaches.
She reports stellar winning outcomes using her approach in all athletic departments over the last 35 years.
Here 'more with less' theory does not apply to academics.

Last edited:
UTEP is attempting to win using the experimental 'more with less' theoretical approach currently implemented by world renown athletic genius, Dr Diana Natalicio. She postulates that winning is possible at UTEP if the athletic department is ignored and neglected by the UTEP administration and provided only with meager financial resources to hire the worst possible and the most affordable coaches.
She reports stellar winning outcomes using her approach in all athletic departments over the last 35 years.
Here 'more with less' theory does not apply to academics.

Hey, at least we now have a pretty multi-million dollar campus park. Screw athletics. Maybe grandma Nats should retire and start her own landscaping gig.

Is he really bad? Is it his play calling, boring style of play, recruiting, etc.? It was interesting to hear him say that his last two recruiting classes at Houston were 1st/2nd in the conference. Is this true?

Hey, at least we now have a pretty multi-million dollar campus park. Screw athletics. Maybe grandma Nats should retire and start her own landscaping gig.

I would much rather have a nice park to take a stroll in than to have a competitive athletic department that could bring much needed respect to our hometown - said no one ever

Only people who don't really accomplish anything brag about recruiting rankings. They are opinion based and mostly irrelevant.

How many Floyd fans touted his recruiting rankings? How did those work out for us?

Is he really bad? Is it his play calling, boring style of play, recruiting, etc.? It was interesting to hear him say that his last two recruiting classes at Houston were 1st/2nd in the conference. Is this true?

He tried to run a pro style offense in Houston. That's one of the biggest no-nos in our program.

His recruits did help Briles win CUSA in 06 when we switched back to doing what we do best.

Only people who don't really accomplish anything brag about recruiting rankings. They are opinion based and mostly irrelevant.

How many Floyd fans touted his recruiting rankings? How did those work out for us?

There are a few on here that brag about the rankings and even take into account the players that never even played for UTEP. o_O

Reactions: ShovelMan66

Alabama, LSU, Texas, etc don’t tout their recruiting classes and rankings?

Many fans did. What is wrong with that? I think you are just reaching for an excuse to bring negativity. Coach Tim Floyd ultimately wasn’t successful here. Fans getting excited about the recruits he signed wasn’t the reason for that.

Yeah those schools do, but they also back it up on the field and court. The #1 recruiting class doesn't win you any championships. Have to do something with those players.

That's why most fans are dumb, mindless, idiot sheep. Gotta take off the blinders. Especially when your school hasn't accomplished anything significant in 26 years.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Yeah those schools do, but they also back it up on the field and court. The #1 recruiting class doesn't win you any championships. Have to do something with those players.

But you just said “only people who don’t really accomplish anything brag about recruiting ranking.” You just said that. Per usual, you have to backtrack on your statement.

That's why most fans are dumb, mindless, idiot sheep.

You prove that true with every one of your posts. To be fair, I wouldn’t call you and Bob ‘most fans.’

That's why most fans are dumb, mindless, idiot sheep. Gotta take off the blinders. Especially when your school hasn't accomplished anything significant in 26 years.

Two things...

First, 04, 05 and 10 were years where we accomplished something. Just making the tourney and giving ourselves a chance at being that Cinderella story is significant in this day and age. This coming from someone who was around during the 80s and that 92 season and watched the Miners pull off some amazing wins on the court.

Second, why do you keep harping on the same point? You're preaching to the choir man. Almost everybody on here feels pretty frustrated about where we are as a program. You're not on some island out there, where you alone bear the agony of becoming an irrelevant program. You say most fans are "dumb, mindless, idiotic sheep". Aside from constantly pointing out the obvious, I don't see anything in your posts that separates you from the crowd here on the Digs.

Two things...

First, 04, 05 and 10 were years where we accomplished something. Just making the tourney and giving ourselves a chance at being that Cinderella story is significant in this day and age. This coming from someone who was around during the 80s and that 92 season and watched the Miners pull off some amazing wins on the court.

Second, why do you keep harping on the same point? You're preaching to the choir man. Almost everybody on here feels pretty frustrated about where we are as a program. You're not on some island out there, where you alone bear the agony of becoming an irrelevant program. You say most fans are "dumb, mindless, idiotic sheep". Aside from constantly pointing out the obvious, I don't see anything in your posts that separates you from the crowd here on the Digs.
I agree. I've also heard Carlos speak on Sportstalk. He has a hard time getting his point across other than just reiterating that everything UTEP sucks, and so do us mindless fans..

I don't mind Carlos though because sometimes he has valid arguements and he has said the same things on the radio.

The ones I ignore are the people that say things on these boards they would never say in person. That's lame.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I agree. I've also heard Carlos speak on Sportstalk. He has a hard time getting his point across other than just reiterating that everything UTEP sucks, and so do us mindless fans..

I don't mind Carlos though because sometimes he has valid arguements and he has said the same things on the radio.

The ones I ignore are the people that say things on these boards they would never say in person. That's lame.

I agree. He definitely brings up some valid arguments. No doubt. I think his points would probably be more deeply considered if they weren't so repetitive and eternally echoing throughout the forum, though.

I agree. He definitely brings up some valid arguments. No doubt. I think his points would probably be more deeply considered if they weren't so repetitive and eternally echoing throughout the forum, though.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT