ADVERTISEMENT

I still say Kevin Wilson

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
Fired from Indiana for being an asshole, but now the offensive coordinator at Ohio State. If we want UTEP to install a spread offense, he is the best guy around. He was offensive coordinator at Northwestern in 2000 when they broke out the spread and won a share of the Big Ten, he was offensive coordinator at Oklahoma for several great seasons, and now he's offensive coordinator at Ohio State. As head coach of Indiana, he was in the process of turning the program around, but he was fired for being an asshole to his players. That's his downside.

If we could hire someone specifically to be a players' advocate to keep him in check, I think he'd be a great fit. Some of you have said UTEP needs to install the spread to really recruit the state of Texas. Well, Kevin Wilson's your guy. He's one of the architects of the spread and he will get the offense going. We just need to make sure the players are protected.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Hiring a coach who needs to have someone shadow him to make sure he is not mistreating players is not a good idea.

Official visits will be awkward. Hi, Im coach John Doe, this guy to my right is Joe Shmoe. He is being paid by the university to protect you in case if I feel like being an asshole and mistreating you.

Fired from Indiana for being an asshole, but now the offensive coordinator at Ohio State. If we want UTEP to install a spread offense, he is the best guy around... As head coach of Indiana, he was in the process of turning the program around, but he was fired for being an asshole to his players. That's his downside.

If we could hire someone specifically to be a players' advocate to keep him in check, I think he'd be a great fit. Some of you have said UTEP needs to install the spread to really recruit the state of Texas. Well, Kevin Wilson's your guy. He's one of the architects of the spread and he will get the offense going. We just need to make sure the players are protected.

That's just insane. Hire a coach to install the spread offense if you want because it allows you to recruit to the strength of talent in the most football talent-rich state in the nation (now there's a novel approach, eh?). But hire a player's ombudsman to keep your asshole HC and university out of perpetual legal purgatory? Are you kidding? Man, THAT would look great on your recruiting poster, wouldn't it? Hell, if that's your goal, just go ahead and hire Art Briles.

That's just insane. Hire a coach to install the spread offense if you want because it allows you to recruit to the strength of talent in the most football talent-rich state in the nation (now there's a novel approach, eh?). But hire a player's ombudsman to keep your asshole HC and university out of perpetual legal purgatory? Are you kidding? Man, THAT would look great on your recruiting poster, wouldn't it? Hell, if that's your goal, just go ahead and hire Art Briles.
Ohio State was willing to hire him.

Your love is lifting me "higher and higher"...YES! Let's "hire" Palmer as he might just lift us higher and higher.

i actually would give him the head coaching job . I think he would get utep a top QB recruit to come . He works with top high school QBS and he probably has great connections. He knows how to run the spread offense. But i think QB coach would be a good start and groom him to be the next head coach. Go get Todd Graham to be head coach when he gets fired from ASU. Then when todd graham wins here and leaves next big job ,then jordan palmer can be head coach.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT