ADVERTISEMENT

If they lose, FIRE THE WHOLE DAMN STAFF!

shyminer81

MI Hall of Famer
May 22, 2006
Vancouver Washington
This is freakin NMSU! Fire them all! Stull do something good for a change before you leave! Metz has to be playing hurt, his throws are off... Too much pressure on him, Torres should finish the game...

Reactions: axingfools1
Kugler has always defeated NMSU, hasn't he? Losing to them once is hardly sufficient reason to fire him, especially since this appears to be one of the better NMSU teams in recent years. Getting blown out by a terrible Rice team, not stopping Army once last year (Kugler is responsible for placing all his chips on the worst defensive coordinator ever), and just the general state of the program are all better reasons to fire him immediately. But I don't want Stull to hire his replacement, so I'm willing to wait until the end of the season.

Kugler has always defeated NMSU, hasn't he? Losing to them once is hardly sufficient reason to fire him, especially since this appears to be one of the better NMSU teams in recent years. Getting blown out by a terrible Rice team, not stopping Army once last year (Kugler is responsible for placing all his chips on the worst defensive coordinator ever), and just the general state of the program are all better reasons to fire him immediately. But I don't want Stull to hire his replacement, so I'm willing to wait until the end of the season.
We all know NMSU is better, but the way they are losing... NMSU looks like a top 25 team, they will be lucky to squeak out 6 wins (aggies).

Well UTEP found the swamp stench again but I am not very impressed with NMSU. That score should be near 74 by now. UTEP is literally handing them the ball. I maybe see 2 to 3 more wins for them. Martin has got to get them more disciplined.

Well UTEP found the swamp stench again but I am not very impressed with NMSU. That score should be near 74 by now. UTEP is literally handing them the ball. I maybe see 2 to 3 more wins for them. Martin has got to get them more disciplined.
Did you really believe UTEP would win?

I feel like this is payback for '04 when UTEP spanked NMSU and pretty much sealed Tony Samuel's fate.

FIU was 0-4 last season when they fired Turner. The interim coach went 4-4 afterwards.

Re read what you just wrote and think about it for a second, ...... seriously? We just got our tails kicked by a D2 school!

Did you really believe UTEP would win?
Rivalries are rivalries. Minnesota will no longer schedule North Dakota State. NDSU considers the gophers their main rival. Also Kugler knows the gravity of this rivalry. So yes, I expected a closer game. Stupid me.

Rivalries are rivalries. Minnesota will no longer schedule North Dakota State. NDSU considers the gophers their main rival. Also Kugler knows the gravity of this rivalry. So yes, I expected a closer game. Stupid me.
No, it's because NDSU is just good. They also beat Iowa. Also, the Big Ten starting this year stopped allowing its schools to schedule FCS teams (although it looks like they're relenting for seasons when schools have five Big Ten road games).

I think that the talent issue that many on this board are mentioning is a the biggest problem. We have to get a staff here that can recruit. Buddy Stephens baby!

NMSU phoned it in pretty hard in the second half. However, I will say the UTEP defense is a solid unit, but the offense keeps screwing them over. NMSU didn’t run it up because your defense was trying all game and generated half of UTEPs points.

I also want to point out the only time UTEP had success tonight was running the ball. People here were calling for more passing but it just isn’t there. They tried that tonight and the NMSU defense just gobbled up intereceptions.

This UTEP team is bad, and if there is any silver lining, it’s that whoever is coaching next season will have a very low bar to start and they can only go up. UTEP isn’t a favorite to win a single game this season according to the ESPN power Index, and you have to wonder if the team should start preparing for the future.

NMSU phoned it in pretty hard in the second half. However, I will say the UTEP defense is a solid unit, but the offense keeps screwing them over. NMSU didn’t run it up because your defense was trying all game and generated half of UTEPs points.

I also want to point out the only time UTEP had success tonight was running the ball. People here were calling for more passing but it just isn’t there. They tried that tonight and the NMSU defense just gobbled up intereceptions.

This UTEP team is bad, and if there is any silver lining, it’s that whoever is coaching next season will have a very low bar to start and they can only go up. UTEP isn’t a favorite to win a single game this season according to the ESPN power Index, and you have to wonder if the team should start preparing for the future.
Thanks for your insight but you are obviously not familiar with UTEP football under Kugler. The running issue is like beating a dead horse, and there is NO wonder whether the team should start preparing for the future. Its only a matter of time. Nobody here thinks Kugler will keep his job and a new AD is coming soon. The defense is bad but the offense is compounding their problems ten fold.

The announcers last night didn't even know that Metz was injured recently nor did they know that Q. Wadley is the starting running that has been injured. They thought Kugler just found him at the end of the bench. It was Kugler's last hope that Wadley could run wild.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

Thanks for your insight but you are obviously not familiar with UTEP football under Kugler. The running issue is like beating a dead horse, and there is NO wonder whether the team should start preparing for the future. Its only a matter of time. Nobody here thinks Kugler will keep his job and a new AD is coming soon. The defense is bad, but the horrid offense is compounding their problems ten fold.

The announcers last night didn't even know that Metz was injured recently nor did they know that Q. Wadley is the starting running but has been injured. They thought Kugler just found him at the end of the bench. It was Kugler's last hope that Wadley could run wild.

Thanks for your insight but you are obviously not familiar with UTEP football under Kugler. The running issue is like beating a dead horse, and there is NO wonder whether the team should start preparing for the future. Its only a matter of time. Nobody here thinks Kugler will keep his job and a new AD is coming soon. The defense is bad, but the horrid offense is compounding their problems ten fold.

The announcers last night didn't even know that Metz was injured recently nor did they know that Q. Wadley is the starting running but has been injured. They thought Kugler just found him at the end of the bench. It was Kugler's last hope that Wadley could run wild.

Actually been a UTEP season ticket holder for over a decade. The fact is, UTEPs only success in last nights game was rushing the ball. I agree whoever takes over needs a more balanced approach, but with the hand UTEP has been dealt with such terrible passers, running is the safe call. The best receiver for UTEP was an NMSU defender that had 3 catches and a touchdown.

Keep trying to force the pass and keep having more 5 interception games. At least if you try and run you eat clock and make it mercifully shorter. Look at UNM, all they did was run in Tulsa and were able to win with their 3rd string QB that wasn’t even meant to play the position this season.

Actually been a UTEP season ticket holder for over a decade. The fact is, UTEPs only success in last nights game was rushing the ball. I agree whoever takes over needs a more balanced approach, but with the hand UTEP has been dealt with such terrible passers, running is the safe call. The best receiver for UTEP was an NMSU defender that had 3 catches and a touchdown.

Keep trying to force the pass and keep having more 5 interception games. At least if you try and run you eat clock and make it mercifully shorter. Look at UNM, all they did was run in Tulsa and were able to win with their 3rd string QB that wasn’t even meant to play the position this season.
Kugler? Is that you? No just kidding. Like I said, UTEP has tried to run and it hasn't worked this year. Other teams know its coming and the play calling is Vanilla after the 1st quarter. Delayed handoffs up the middle vs a stacked box. Q. Wadley is decent but he got tired too. He hasn't played all year. Also 5 interceptions is not the norm. Metz is a better passer than he showed. He has been injured and last night he was off, then got flustered because he is so emotional IMO. There are much better schemes that UTEP could use. I'm no football expert but even I know what's coming 90% of the time.

Its really just a hard situation because the coach at this point is a lame duck barring an epic turnaround.

He’s certainly going to have to be creative offensively if UTEP is going to show any signs of life going forward, but at this point 0-12 looks like a very real possibility. At least whoever takes over can’t do any worse.

For the last four years we have seen the run, run, run, and punt play calling. The only reason it had some success was that once every few series Jones would dash away for a 50+ yard td.

At this point all of Kugler's recruiting classes have caught up to him. It doesn't matter how creative or how bland the play calling is. Aside from Hernandez, Jones, and Luna he is severely out talented at every position.

I saw the 0-12 season coming around the end of the 1st half of the RICE game. The best I hoped for was for this group of kids to keep the losses within 14-21 points. We are going to see a bunch of 35+ defeats. The true die hard fans will stick around until the end.

I'd call it "running up" when NMSU is up 34-7 and throwing passes on 4th and 10 and leaving their starters in until the 2nd to last drive (then the backups fumbled and gave up a touchdown ). Of course this is college so it's their right if the defense can't stop them.

I'd call it "running up" when NMSU is up 34-7 and throwing passes on 4th and 10 and leaving their starters in until the 2nd to last drive (then the backups fumbled and gave up a touchdown ). Of course this is college so it's their right if the defense can't stop them.

That was more because NMSUs kicking is terrible and they would rather take the shot at going for it on 4th and 10 than kick a field goal. If they don’t convert, UTEP still has a lot of field to cover. They’ve missed a PAT every game this season.

NMSU also let a 25 point 4th quarter lead slip away to UNM earlier this year, only winning by 2, so I don’t blame the coach for wanting to keep it running on full cylinders. 2 years ago UTEP came back from a 14 point deficit with 6 minutes to go at NMSU, and I think it weighed on everyone’s mind.

This has to be one of the worst teams in the history of UTEP football. In all my years watching UTEP, this is the poorest display of football I have ever seen. The glass is not half empty, it is completely empty. You could not pay me to go to one of these games right now.

This has to be one of the worst teams in the history of UTEP football. In all my years watching UTEP, this is the poorest display of football I have ever seen. The glass is not half empty, it is completely empty. You could not pay me to go to one of these games right now.
BOOM! I would go as far to do a fan boycott. Its the worst case scenerio for the players but for christ sake UTEP athletics!

BOOM! I would go as far to do a fan boycott. Its the worst case scenerio for the players but for christ sake UTEP athletics!

I would never do that. This is still about supporting your fellow miners, and a true miner would never abandon their brothers and sisters.

That said. The way attendance is and will likely go the rest of the season, it’s already like there is a boycot. I can’t see UTEP cracking 20k in official attendance for the rest of the season, and real butts in the seats is gonna be closer to 10k.

Like others have said, I can’t really remember a worse UTEP team. The defense isn’t great but it’s not terrible either. I just can’t remember an offense that has been this bad.

So UTEP is ranked 123/130 in points per game at 12.8. And 128/130 in points allowed per game at 47.8.

One of the teams who averages less points per game than us is RICE (12) who put up 31 against us.

I would never do that. This is still about supporting your fellow miners, and a true miner would never abandon their brothers and sisters.

That said. The way attendance is and will likely go the rest of the season, it’s already like there is a boycot. I can’t see UTEP cracking 20k in official attendance for the rest of the season, and real butts in the seats is gonna be closer to 10k.

Like others have said, I can’t really remember a worse UTEP team. The defense isn’t great but it’s not terrible either. I just can’t remember an offense that has been this bad.

Not necessarily true. Depends upon intent. Many people momentarily "step away" from a situation to make a statement. Often times not supporting the current paradigm, in hope of change, is the wise thing to do. I wouldn't hold it against anyone to show that kind of support, by NOT supporting the shit show that is the current reality. Nor would I hold it against anyone to show that sense of solidarity/loyalty of which you speak.

Worst teams I remember were in my college years. The 92 and 93 teams won one game each. Anyone remember the "Meaner Breed"?

Worst teams I remember were in my college years. The 92 and 93 teams won one game each. Anyone remember the "Meaner Breed"?

1975-1985 was a brutal time period to be a Miner fb fan. Several 1 win seasons in that span, and never more than 2. UTEP was often times referred to as the worst team in the nation back then, and rightfully so. The backwards momentum generated by our president, athletic director and head coach might just take us back to the depths we experienced during that Dark Period.

Not necessarily true. Depends upon intent. Many people momentarily "step away" from a situation to make a statement. Often times not supporting the current paradigm, in hope of change, is the wise thing to do. I wouldn't hold it against anyone to show that kind of support, by NOT supporting the shit show that is the current reality. Nor would I hold it against anyone to show that sense of solidarity/loyalty of which you speak.

My issue is these aren’t professional athletes. They’re fellow students, and this isn’t Alabama where all these guys are going pro.

Boycotting directly impacts the bottom line of the university at a time when attendance is already lacking. Kugler is gone no matter what, you really want to make sure you don’t get a decent coach coming in, boycot the team, and show a lack of support. That’s what good coaches want to see when interviewing. A fan base whose support is conditional.

You don’t see that crap in the P5 conferences with even the worst teams.

My issue is these aren’t professional athletes. They’re fellow students, and this isn’t Alabama where all these guys are going pro.

Boycotting directly impacts the bottom line of the university at a time when attendance is already lacking. Kugler is gone no matter what, you really want to make sure you don’t get a decent coach coming in, boycot the team, and show a lack of support. That’s what good coaches want to see when interviewing. A fan base whose support is conditional.

You don’t see that crap in the P5 conferences with even the worst teams.

You're right. Power 5 schools shit can coaches for winning 7, 8 plus games. They don't sit on a coach who's offense and recruiting consistently rank as the worst in the country.

Reactions: TrojanMiner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT