ADVERTISEMENT

If they lose, FIRE THE WHOLE DAMN STAFF!

You're right. Power 5 schools shit can coaches for winning 7, 8 plus games. They don't sit on a coach who's offense and recruiting consistently rank as the worst in the country.

Because they can afford to. Feel free to cut a check and buy out the rest of his contract. It's boosters that usually pick up the slack on remaining contracts. NMSU is still feeling the financial burden for firing Hal Mumme nearly a decade ago, even with major donor support.

Because they can afford to. Feel free to cut a check and buy out the rest of his contract. It's boosters that usually pick up the slack on remaining contracts. NMSU is still feeling the financial burden for firing Hal Mumme nearly a decade ago, even with major donor support.
None of us hired him or extended his contract after a season with one game over .500. Kugler did make a promise to El Paso.

"I promise you this: I didn't come down here to lose games. I'm not going to go through seven straight losing seasons. I am not going to put the fans through that. If this thing isn't righted after around three seasons, I'll walk, I promise you. Without pay. I don't care. We are going to get this turned. I promise you that."

Reactions: FarWestTexas
My issue is these aren’t professional athletes. They’re fellow students, and this isn’t Alabama where all these guys are going pro.

Boycotting directly impacts the bottom line of the university at a time when attendance is already lacking. Kugler is gone no matter what, you really want to make sure you don’t get a decent coach coming in, boycot the team, and show a lack of support. That’s what good coaches want to see when interviewing. A fan base whose support is conditional.

You don’t see that crap in the P5 conferences with even the worst teams.

Whatever you say, man. Go check out the pics of DKR stadium when the Whorns played SJSU. That sea of emptiness in the stands was a direct result of the fans being absolutely displeased with the way UT played against Maryland. It doesn't have to be labeled as an official boycott for it to be a boycott.

Whatever you say, man. Go check out the pics of DKR stadium when the Whorns played SJSU. That sea of emptiness in the stands was a direct result of the fans being absolutely displeased with the way UT played against Maryland. It doesn't have to be labeled as an official boycott for it to be a boycott.

You mean that official attendance of 88k? I watched that game and everyone was clearing out early as it wasn't even close. Even if it wasn't butts in seats, they still sold 88k tickets. What boycott are you talking about?

Unfortunately we have a university president that probably thinks 7,000 fans in the Sun Bowl is a lot of fans, and an AD who thinks Kugler is exceeding expectations because it is impossible to win at UTEP and the fans are complete idiots about football. Boycotting only works in a university that doesn't accept their sports programs being mediocre.

You mean that official attendance of 88k? I watched that game and everyone was clearing out early as it wasn't even close. Even if it wasn't butts in seats, they still sold 88k tickets. What boycott are you talking about?

88K tickets sold with 60K in the seats. Sounds like 25K + said **** it, even though they had already purchased tickets. Lol.

And those seats were empty from the get go. Don't act as if it was people leaving early. Look at the pics at kickoff. You won't be able to dispute that 60K is being generous.

88K tickets sold with 60K in the seats. Sounds like 25K + said **** it, even though they had already purchased tickets. Lol.

And those seats were empty from the get go. Don't act as if it was people leaving early. Look at the pics at kickoff. You won't be able to dispute that 60K is being generous.

And thats all still money in the pockets of UT even if they didn't go, they bought tickets. In no way a boycott.

Unfortunately we have a university president that probably thinks 7,000 fans in the Sun Bowl is a lot of fans, and an AD who thinks Kugler is exceeding expectations because it is impossible to win at UTEP and the fans are complete idiots about football. Boycotting only works in a university that doesn't accept their sports programs being mediocre.

While I agree with your point, I would imagine that Stull's resignation has something to do with recognizing he is on a sinking ship. Dwindling attendance numbers in both fb and bb undoubtedly contributing factors to the submersion. I'm aware you were probably exaggerating, but if our attendance numbers ever dipped below a number even well above 7K, changes would be made immediately. Even with our current president.

This team simply sucks no question. Just let season hurry n wrap up Still n Kugler are gone at season end. Wish we could forfeit tge remaining games, this is so embarrassing

And thats all still money in the pockets of UT even if they didn't go, they bought tickets. In no way a boycott.

It may be money in UT's pocket, but make no mistake, people chose not to show up. Chose not to support something that to them isn't acceptable. I don't care how YOU define boycott. I'm using the term as defined by Merriam Webster.

to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (a person, a store, an organization, etc.) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions.

Also, just curious if you're aware that the seats that Stubhub, Ticketmaster, Seatgeek, etc, buy, even those that are not purchased by the general public, still count towards overall attendance numbers.

None of us hired him or extended his contract after a season with one game over .500. Kugler did make a promise to El Paso.

"I promise you this: I didn't come down here to lose games. I'm not going to go through seven straight losing seasons. I am not going to put the fans through that. If this thing isn't righted after around three seasons, I'll walk, I promise you. Without pay. I don't care. We are going to get this turned. I promise you that."
How much to put this on a billboard, i'm in... lol

Reactions: FarWestTexas
It may be money in UT's pocket, but make no mistake, people chose not to show up. Chose not to support something that to them isn't acceptable. I don't care how YOU define boycott. I'm using the term as defined by Merriam Webster.

to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (a person, a store, an organization, etc.) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions.

Also, just curious if you're aware that the seats that Stubhub, Ticketmaster, Seatgeek, etc, buy, even those that are not purchased by the general public, still count towards overall attendance numbers.

Thanks for the lesson. UT is clearly now in tailspin mode. I didn’t realize.

Utep' s defense is terrible, players can't tackle secondary can't cover. If it's not the player it's horrific coaching. Pretty sure it's both but mainly the scheme.

I will say that Beverly and Needham haven't been too bad. I feel like them and Jones have been bright spots. Considering the D-Line has absolutely 0 pass rush they have done as good as they can.

I will say that Beverly and Needham haven't been too bad. I feel like them and Jones have been bright spots. Considering the D-Line has absolutely 0 pass rush they have done as good as they can.
I said at the beginning of the season if our best DL was in street clothes watching the spring game, we was in trouble.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT