ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP only has enough cash money to buy out one coach...

If UTEP only has enough cash money to buy out one coach, which would you chose?

• Total voters
At the least, and very important in and of itself, Kugs is a good man. He cares about his guys. The same cannot be said of Floyd.

More light will be shed on Floyd as things begin to slowly unravel for him. I almost guarantee it. Floyd should have gone out with the Bobby Knight era, because he sure as hell fits right into it.

I must admit this pain that I have deep in my heart will not go away until "Kug" is considered MIA. But, I do believe he will be back next year as well as Floyd.
Please Santa bring me a new head coach ...

Reactions: MineroFanatico
There is no such thing as a new Miner fan. No one in their right mind would jump on this bandwagon.

LMAO! Well said kick, well said.

David Lee was a super nice guy, loved his players, and believe it or not, was way more of a disciplinarian than Kugler. Lee would have booted Jones for his DUI in a heart beat; no "if's, and's, or but's". But Lee couldn't get the wins, the tackling and defense was atrocious (worse than Price and Kugler) which is how Bailey ended up in El Paso as his first stop to shore up the defense. Out he went. Bailey, same thing but was allowed to retire. Nord took UTEP bowling and he too recruited El Paso,(and developed stronger So Cal recruiting ties which made Price's job easier in that aspect). Price was given an extra pass. UTEP was still over 30k in attendance, money was coming in but he kept losing, so he was allowed to retire to "to smell the roses and enjoy family" like Bailey said during his exit from UTEP. Kugler has taken TNT to what was built up since the Nord era and torched it "a la madre" like they say down here.

Floyd has beaten top programs, has won twenty or over, but has one incident with the top player based on unsubstantiated claims and El Paso wants to hang Floyd as a decoration for the downtown Christmas display?! Yes, Floyd has failed to deliver UTEP to the NCAA, I get it.

Staggers the mind. UTEP is a FBS program. Either drop football to fire Floyd or bring in a new FBS minded coach who will have UTEP competing against Rice and La Tech, year in and year out and reach out to the community to bring in more revenue so UTEP can offer programs to more young men and women. That's how the game is played that UTEP participates in and what the UTEP powers at be want UTEP to be part of. Or just be a Marquette of the southwest with no football at all. Judging from popular demand, that's really not the way most are choosing, right Charlotte (or ODU)?

Well apparently Grandma Nats feels that the money is better spent on building a pretty campus park rather than fixing a dilapidated athletic program. I'm willing to bet Nats wasn't a business major.

Reactions: UTEP05 and Uteper
Hey KickballPro, i just started living in El Paso in August. I go to most UTEP games. Sorry I can't go back in time and join the board sooner.

Go Miners!

Hey KickballPro, i just started living in El Paso in August. I go to most UTEP games. Sorry I can't go back in time and join the board sooner.

Go Miners!
I wish I was right there with you Gary. I was for a long time, but it's just so difficult anymore with year after year of disappointments. Time for some new life and hope

Sounds like GaryHTalamantes works on the UTEP staff haha. Most of us have given all the positive energy one can give. We are drained buddy. Add Stull to that list.
I agree with Stull to be the first to go! I'm frustrated, disappointed but have not run out of positive energy! I'll be half as frustrated because football is off the board for now! Now I'll only be half frustrated with basketball! Each sport is only entitled to 50% of my frustration! I refuse to give it more, LOL!

Reactions: UTEP05
Well apparently Grandma Nats feels that the money is better spent on building a pretty campus park rather than fixing a dilapidated athletic program. I'm willing to bet Nats wasn't a business major.

Great Great Grandma Nats doesn't give a crap about the athletic program.

A lot of funding was from the state under the previous Governor Good Hair administration along with other capital improvements at UTEP. Having pull in the board of regents doesn't hurt either. This is actually a good example when a local public entity such as UTEP works with government when the state was slashing the budget. There is a helluva lot more behind that story allegedly but it has nothing to do with UTEP athletics. But saying she doesn't care about the athletics program is totally untrue.

A lot of funding was from the state under the previous Governor Good Hair administration along with other capital improvements at UTEP. Having pull in the board of regents doesn't hurt either. This is actually a good example when a local public entity such as UTEP works with government when the state was slashing the budget. There is a helluva lot more behind that story allegedly but it has nothing to do with UTEP athletics. But saying she doesn't care about the athletics program is totally untrue.

If it's untrue then why hasn't she fired Floyd and Stull ??? Look where we're at right now, worst conference affiliation in history(Sunbelt 2.0), no post season victory in basketball since this clown got here and he's been here for 7 years, what more do you want ?? The football program is also bad however I am willing to give Kugler one more year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT