ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP wants to replace the 3 cancelled games....

Yes, it makes sense, but here is a doomsday scenario that could happen.

UTEP loses to SFA and crowd is way less than 9,000

UTEP has a bunch of players that contract the virus and then Texas cancels the game

Was it a really good plan then? Should have just scheduled SFA on 10/3 or 9/26.

Or we beat SFA, a covid virus outbreak happens, the season gets cancelled after one game and UTEP gets its first winning season in many years. It’s a genius plan actually.

Just kidding of course. Yes, playing the increased number of games was smart, but I do agree with the idea of doing everything and anything to not jeopardize the Texas paycheck. So if UTEP were to lose that game/money due to the SFA game being played a week earlier, then I could certainly understand them getting criticism for it. Further more, a number of UTEP athletic department employee’s will likely be losing their jobs for budget reasons, if we lose that UT game money. As for the reasoning itself, Teicher made a comment a few weeks ago, that we didn’t want our new QB to be making their first ever start at UT, thus they were pushing to get a game in for them, prior to the UT game. But again, that also shows some lack of foresight, because there were many wasted opportunities last year where Hardison and Goodwin could have both been given much more experience than they did.

By losing the game, he meant cancellation. If we schedule 12 games and lose(cancel) 4 games, then you still get an 8 game schedule. But if you only start with an 8 or 9 game schedule and then lose(cancel) 4 games along the way, then that leaves with you only a 4 or 5 game schedule. Essentially, he stated that they are over-scheduling, in the event that some games might get cancelled.

LMFAO.

Reactions: axingfools1
Nice by Senter! Give them them the home game during a pandemic and receive the rerun game when life is back to normal. Overall I like the scheduling strategy he deployed. There’s only so much he can do. It’s all up to Dimel now.

Lol a few days ago their almost upset loss to Florida St was mentioned. Now we’re looking for their worst loss. Contrary opinion. All of their losses were to bowl teams.

But again, that also shows some lack of foresight, because there were many wasted opportunities last year where Hardison and Goodwin could have both been given much more experience than they did.

We know why but it's over now and this wagon trail in now being led by Hardison. This team is now in the hands from the kid from Hobbs, and Wadley, too.

Lol a few days ago their almost upset loss to Florida St was mentioned. Now we’re looking for their worst loss. Contrary opinion. All of their losses were to bowl teams.

That’s why they will beat UTEP.

Their pathetic loss to ISU and 5-7 record is laughable when a coach like Dimel calls them “successful”.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
That’s why they will beat UTEP.

Their pathetic loss to ISU and 5-7 record is laughable when a coach like Dimel calls them “successful”.
So now it’s an automatic loss again?

Context. For a team that has only had one winning season in the last 26 years a 5-7 season where they almost upset Florida St is successful. If we win 5 games in 2020 it would also be considered a successful season.

So now it’s an automatic loss again?

Context. For a team that has only had one winning season in the last 26 years a 5-7 season where they almost upset Florida St is successful. If we win 5 games in 2020 it would also be considered a successful season.

Yes, UTEP will lose to ULM

ULM has beat 4 SEC teams since going FBS. So when a coach talks about a team having a successful season, he’s talking about their history? He did not say, “successful for them”. They went 6-6 in 2018, is winning 1 less game the following year a “success”?

Yes, if UTEP wins 5 games this year, it will be a “successful season” based on UTEP standards and previous years, not by most people’s definition of successful.

ULM has beat 4 SEC teams since going FBS. So when a coach talks about a team having a successful season, he’s talking about their history? He did not say, “successful for them”. They went 6-6 in 2018, is winning 1 less game the following year a “success”?

Yes, if UTEP wins 5 games this year, it will be a “successful season” based on UTEP standards and previous years, not by most people’s definition of successful.
A few days ago it was a winnable game now it’s an automatic loss. Make up your mind dude.

Once again for a team that has only one winning season in the last 26 years a 5-7 season could be considered successful. They only lost to Bowl teams and lost two games by one point and another by 7.

If UTEP had that kind of year it would be considered a successful season.

You say UTEP "will" lose to ULM but that's no more than an opinion. It might turn out to be right, might not. IMO UTEP has a realistic shot in that game. Both teams will be breaking in new QBs. ULM will have 4 new O-linemen while UTEP will be more experienced in that area. ULM had a slightly worse defense than UTEP last season. ULM will likely be favored but UTEP has a decent chance. All predicated on Dimel's team improving in his 3rd year. We shall see.

By UTEP standards I would assert that 5-7 is a successful season. UTEP football has been so terribly bad the last 3-4 years most fans would be thrilled with a 5 win season

Reactions: picks up
By UTEP standards I would assert that 5-7 is a successful season. UTEP football has been so terribly bad the last 3-4 years most fans would be thrilled with a 5 win season
I would consider beating two FBS teams a successful year.

Reactions: picks up
I would consider beating two FBS teams a successful year.
If they can stay covid free and I injury free I would like to see UTEP go from "this team looks good...." to "we got this win because....".

Even opposing coaches say UTEP players look impressive when they see them on field "but they can't seem to put it together when playing". Efficiency, solid consistent pressure on the D line and much improved QB play (passing) and UTEP has a chance to get those wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT