ADVERTISEMENT

Is NMSU really going to play football this month?

Both of their major revenue programs are in horrible shape right now. They didn't play us but both their teams play home games in our city. Sounds like a duck to me.

They didn't play football in the fall. They were down with covid in basketball. I heard they wanted to play basketball games against UNM and UTEP neither were interested. They're only playing in El Paso because they can't play in New Mexico. UNM has played in Vegas and Lubbock and NMSU had used Phoenix and El Paso.

They didn't play football in the fall. They were down with covid in basketball. I heard they wanted to play basketball games against UNM and UTEP neither were interested. They're only playing in El Paso because they can't play in New Mexico. UNM has played in Vegas and Lubbock and NMSU had used Phoenix and El Paso.
I understand their list of excuses but it doesn't look good for them. Didn't play in the fall with every other fbs program, wanted UTEP to pay extra travel fees, then moves to EP once conference usa play begins.

Both of their major revenue programs are in horrible shape right now. They didn't play us but both their teams play home games in our city. Sounds like a duck to me.

If you skip the fall season and UTEP isn’t playing in the spring how are they supposed to play?

NMSU has had COVID issues, now UTEP has them and it’s near the end of conference play. When are they supposed to play?

If you skip the fall season and UTEP isn’t playing in the spring how are they supposed to play?

NMSU has had COVID issues, now UTEP has them and it’s near the end of conference play. When are they supposed to play?
How about, don't skip the fall season.
Play in the fall with all the other FBS teams. They could have scheduled a 4-5 game season in the fall.

They were in talks until UTEP declined to pay them more than what they would normally pay. Now nmsu pays to play in El Paso. That could have been a good time to play.

Yeah man it's weird that football fans watch a football game.

Why is it funny?? Every UTEP football game is the same way. End of 1.... Other Team 21, UTEP 0. And UTEP loses for the 96th time in 100 games.
InnocentWeakBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Cube Jack
Why is it funny?? Every UTEP football game is the same way. End of 1.... Other Team 21, UTEP 0. And UTEP loses for the 96th time in 100 games.
Unt 7
UTEP 7
End of 1
Unt must be really bad too.

Ouch...nmsu losing 43-17 to FCS Tarleton State is bad! This is Tarleston State’s first season as a FCS school. This was not even a close game. I’m glad it’s them and not us.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Ouch...nmsu losing 43-17 to FCS Tarleton State is bad! This is Tarleston State’s first season as a FCS school. This was not even a close game. I’m glad it’s them and not us.
NMSU should consider having a covid issue just before the Dixie St game.

I really think had covid not interfered as much maybe UTEP would have made a bowl.

Missed out on a home game vs the worst team in the nation.

Also home games vs
#117 0-5 FIU
#114 3-7 USM
#98 4-6 UNT

That's four winnable games that could have pushed UTEP to its best season since 05.

I really think had covid not interfered as much maybe UTEP would have made a bowl.

Also home games vs
#117 0-5 FIU
#114 3-7 USM
#98 4-6 UNT

That's four winnable games that could have pushed UTEP to its best season since 05.
Big talk coming from a program that has won 1 CUSA game in 4 seasons. NMSU and UTEP are the 2 worst teams in college football. Like I have said, shoulda, woulda, coulda are the 3 most used words by UTEP fans.

Big talk coming from a program that has won 1 CUSA game in 4 seasons. NMSU and UTEP are the 2 worst teams in college football. Like I have said, shoulda, woulda, coulda are the 3 most used words by UTEP fans.
You're annoying bro. Stop worrying so much about UTEP. Your fake team has alot of issues to sort out. The highest paid coach in the conference shouldn't be losing at home to one of the teams on my list of canceled UTEP home games.

I look up at the sunset clouds that melt across the sky
And think of rainbow sherbet ice cream in the summertime
White-winged doves fly over me searching for their nest
And sing their sleepy evening song when it's time to rest
coo coo cachoo coo coo cachoo
Buenas tardes, El Paso

Also home games vs
#117 0-5 FIU
#114 3-7 USM
#98 4-6 UNT

If there’s no COVID, we don’t play games vs SFA, ACU, and La-Monroe. Maybe they win 4 games the whole year? Definitely not the best season since 05.

If there’s no COVID, we don’t play games vs SFA, ACU, and La-Monroe. Maybe they win 4 games the whole year? Definitely not the best season since 05.
Re read the statement. I said had it not interfered as much. If nmsu acts like an fbs school and plays a fall season plus all those canceled home games. Could have finished 7-4. Yes best season since 05.

I doubt nmsu coaches and players treated this game like a scrimmage. I’m sure they took TSU lightly since TSU is in its first years as an FCS program and they were missing their starting QB, RB and other key players due to Covid. You can’t tell me nmsu who didn’t play during the fall season was not looking forward to playing football. Im sure nmsu coaches were embarrassed and are trying to make it look like it was a scrimmage. Nmsu was blown out by an “inferior” school and on top of that had to pay them $150K for the beating they received.

Re read the statement. I said had it not interfered as much. If nmsu acts like an fbs school and plays a fall season plus all those canceled home games. Could have finished 7-4. Yes best season since 05.

Nope. NMSU would have replaced one of the ACU, SFA, or LaMonroe games. A wash at best. And you’re assuming that NMSU would have played like trash for the UTEP game, the way they played for Tarleton. It’s your fantasy, go ahead and think this was a 7 win team and could have been the best season since 2005.

I thought you didn’t like Dimel, but are trying to give him credit for a good season????

Nope. NMSU would have replaced one of the ACU, SFA, or LaMonroe games. A wash at best. And you’re assuming that NMSU would have played like trash for the UTEP game, the way they played for Tarleton. It’s your fantasy, go ahead and think this was a 7 win team and could have been the best season since 2005.

I thought you didn’t like Dimel, but are trying to give him credit for a good season????
We sat here and argued for weeks cuz I said ULM was a winnable game while you said it was an automatic loss. We all saw how that went. Don't take it personal if I give a fu*k less what games you think we would win or lose.

We sat here and argued for weeks cuz I said ULM was a winnable game while you said it was an automatic loss. We all saw how that went. Don't take it personal if I give a fu*k less what games you think we would win or lose.

Whatever but you’re trying to get 7 wins while counting a NMSU game that would have replaced one of the wins.

You’re wrong all the time with games you think the Miners will win. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some. Congratulations on predicting a ULM win. Oh wait, you didn’t...

Whatever but you’re trying to get 7 wins while counting a NMSU game that would have replaced one of the wins.

You’re wrong all the time with games you think the Miners will win. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some. Congratulations on predicting a ULM win. Oh wait, you didn’t...

Yeah Im superstitious and predicted every game to be a loss. Even on the cusa pick em board. Good job detective!

Yeah Im superstitious and predicted every game to be a loss. Even on the cusa pick em board. Good job detective!

no you didn’t

This became a classic example of everything to lose and zero to gain. You win both games and it's "big deal. They were FCS opponents barely moved up from D2."

You lose and it's "how pathetic. You lost to a team that barely moved from D2"

You get blown out and now since you're the only FBS team playing spring football the entire country hears about the team that got destroyed by a team playing its first game as FCS.

Reactions: Rot
This became a classic example of everything to lose and zero to gain. You win both games and it's "big deal. They were FCS opponents barely moved up from D2."

You lose and it's "how pathetic. You lost to a team that barely moved from D2"

You get blown out and now since you're the only FBS team playing spring football the entire country hears about the team that got destroyed by a team playing its first game as FCS.
I am not defending NMSU in any way but extremely red in the face with embarrassment games happen. After the Cal Poly years back I remember Stull was so mad he almost ran me over in one of the tunnels as I was walking up. He. Was. Peeved.

Eastern Washington upset Leech in Pullman to start the season two or three years ago and the Cougars finished the PAC 12 respectfully, I believe; but Leech took an earful for the loss.

What makes me chuckle at NMSU is their "show me the money" for football, "no we will not play at the DHC" and then the subsequent about face, screw the Governor-will take our ball and go play in Arizona and still get covid outbreaks that messed up their season and for the cherry on top, their twitter insult last year as well and yet here they are. Now that's embarrassing.

I am not defending NMSU in any way but extremely red in the face with embarrassment games happen. After the Cal Poly years back I remember Stull was so mad he almost ran me over in one of the tunnels as I was walking up. He. Was. Peeved.

Eastern Washington upset Leech in Pullman to start the season two or three years ago and the Cougars finished the PAC 12 respectfully, I believe; but Leech took an earful for the loss.

What makes me chuckle at NMSU is their "show me the money" for football, "no we will not play at the DHC" and then the subsequent about face, screw the Governor-will take our ball and go play in Arizona and still get covid outbreaks that messed up their season and for the cherry on top, their twitter insult last year as well and yet here they are. Now that's embarrassing.

As Miner fans it feels like ALL of our football losses are embarrassing, especially since 2017. I was at Disney World not long ago and wearing a UTEP shirt and a random gray haired gentleman chuckled and asked me "how's your football team?"

NMSU football losses just make me laugh though. They were so hyped over that random bottom feeder bowl win that exemplified the "there are too many bowls argument" then they hyped up their next season and promptly proceeded to get whipped at home.

This "Aggies take over El Paso" crap is annoying enough so I love seeing them get blasted by Tarleton State or losing to teams like Utah Valley in basketball.

"You're from UTEP. How can you not like NMSU?" is a question I've been asked more than once. I say the first sentence answered the question. I despise their teams and they despise ours right back. Good!

That tweet was thrown in my face often so I'm hoping NMSUx loses to Dixie State next.

Reactions: Rot and JCorona
NMSU should just dissolve the Football program. Like Jesse Pinkman dissolving shit in the bathtub.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT