ADVERTISEMENT

SFA OPT

Based on the phase of the moon next Saturday as well as my current indigestion I believe it will be,

UTEP 34
SFA 17

Oh yeah, attendance will be announced as 8,500 or whatever the allowed capacity is.

Last edited:
Reactions: MistaBinks
I have no earthly idea. I don't know how good or bad SFA is. I don't know how terrible Utep will be. However I know Wadley at least is a good Back. Therefore
Miners cut down the Lumberjacks 31-21

Last edited:
I don't know, I want UTEP to win, but I don't know anything about this team, so I'll go with my heart vs last year's performance

UTEP 24
SFA 17

attendance will be announced as a sell out (whatever capacity is now), but maybe 3.5k in the stands

Reactions: MistaBinks
These crowd is what I would expect even without COVID. His first year vs an FCS team drew 17k. It’s not unreasonable to assume that two years later at 2-22 and playing against an FCS team that he would be lucky to draw half of that.

These crowd is what I would expect even without COVID. His first year vs an FCS team drew 17k. It’s not unreasonable to assume that two years later at 2-22 and playing against an FCS team that he would be lucky to draw half of that.

Would have been interesting to see what kind of crowd there would have been for Tech. Since they said single game tickets go on sale Monday, UTEP has way under 9,000 total season tickets or have had many “opt out”.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I just don’t know what to expect from UTEP. Are they going to be decent, bad , or outright terrible.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

UTEP has a potent rb by committee with two rb's who could have easily started in any P5 program; but with Canales calling the shots I don't what to expect.

Here are fact I go by:

Hardison's arm but his inability to scramble out of trouble.

It appears, and I hope and pray to eat my words, that the UTEP O line is "eh" again this year. Reports in here say that they can't give solid pass protection and Dimel himself said "The defense is way ahead of the offense, which is what you want from your team." What?! I call bull. The line is not consistent again this year.

Wadley and Hankins. Enough said.

Passing game? Still M.I.A.

Reports that the D is improved but so many JUCO's still leave many questions? Van Hook has to stay healthy because when he is in they get stuff done.

SFA numbers were not good but FCS schools seem to find a spark when up against FBS mid majors. NAU came to UTEP and popped them in the mouth for Dimel's debut. UTEP needs to jump on them early if they can so that means a heavy dose of Wadley and Hankins.

UTEP 17
SFA 15

Would have been interesting to see what kind of crowd there would have been for Tech. Since they said single game tickets go on sale Monday, UTEP has way under 9,000 total season tickets or have had many “opt out”.
25k or less without any promotions.

SFA numbers were not good but FCS schools seem to find a spark when up against FBS mid majors. NAU came to UTEP and popped them in the mouth for Dimel's debut. UTEP needs to jump on them early if they can so that means a heavy dose of Wadley and Hankins.

UTEP 17
SFA 15

Last few SFA vs FBS games:
2019 vs Baylor 56-17 loss
2018 vs Miss St 63-6 loss
2017 vs SMU 58-14 loss
2016 vs Texas Tech 69-17 loss
2015 vs TCU 70-7 loss
2014 vs Kansas State 55-16 loss

I guess SFA has had trouble finding their spark.....

Reactions: Autograph Boy
UTEP's running game should be averaging 4.0 yards per carry or more, finishing in the red zone could be tough and drive us all crazy. Don't expect much out of the QB's and WR's, the Miners SHOULD be able to run at will.
Wadley carries us to a narrow victory, but I would not be surprised if this team falls flat and sputters against a FCS team either, god help us.

UTEP 21 SFA 17

8,225 in the stands

UTEP's running game should be averaging 4.0 yards per carry or more, finishing in the red zone could be tough and drive us all crazy. Don't expect much out of the QB's and WR's, the Miners SHOULD be able to run at will.
Wadley carries us to a narrow victory, but I would not be surprised if this team falls flat and sputters against a FCS team either, god help us.

UTEP 21 SFA 17

8,225 in the stands

I’ll bet the under on 8k.

UTEP 21 SFA 17

8,225 in the stands

Big, do you know anything about SFA’s squad this year?

UTEP 21 SFA 17

8,225 in the stands
UTEP inside 5 yard line with Wadley in backfield....

[Canales] 1st down" "Fade route to Cooper" fails.
2nd down: "quick (short) slant" fails.

3rd down : "QB sneak" stuffed

[Wadley thinking to himself] "Next week I get the f'en 'rona"

UTEP inside 5 yard line with Wadley in backfield....

[Canales] 1st down" "Fade route to Cooper" fails.
2nd down: "quick (short) slant" fails.

3rd down : "QB sneak" stuffed

[Wadley thinking to himself] "Next week I get the f'en 'rona"
If they don't run Wadley with their dumb play calling then they should all be fired on the spot.

Reactions: utep2step
Big, do you know anything about SFA’s squad this year?
They have a hell of a young head coach, their QB and top WR return, they were hit with NCAA sanctions, but they played 30-plus freshman last year according to DCTF so they are semi-experienced, they have an athletic secondary which will give UTEP WR's a good look. In my worthless opinion, they remind me of Houston Baptist from last year, weak up front, but a decent QB with a good/proven WR.

They have a hell of a young head coach, their QB and top WR return, they were hit with NCAA sanctions, but they played 30-plus freshman last year according to DCTF so they are semi-experienced, they have an athletic secondary which will give UTEP WR's a good look. In my worthless opinion, they remind me of Houston Baptist from last year, weak up front, but a decent QB with a good/proven WR.
Jesus Mio! What the hell were they smoking? Being a FCS school and slapped with vacated wins and 2.5% reduction in football scholarships is getting off ok, not good, but should have been worse.

They wanted to shut down the UTEP basketball program for a pair of high tops and Haskins giving a ride home to a recruit (it was politically motivated but still).

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/05/19/stephen-f-austin-hit-with-level-one-ncaa-penalties-for-failing-apr-scores?ref=related_title#:~:text=Austin has accepted major Level,athletes in nine sports ineligible.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Glad to see the NCAA double standard alive and well. I guess when the little guys break the rules it is a-front to all college athletics, when the big guys do it, business as usual.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Ahhh that familiar feeling of dread that can only mean that UTEP football is back.

Team pulls a Buffalo and come out arrogant, sloppy and out coached. Missed tackles and penalties have UTEP losing till they pull it together and score on the final drive. Need a two pt conversion to tie and either have a bad snap or a hold to end the game.

Sounds about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: utep-piggy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT