ADVERTISEMENT

Kyote's right disrespectful boy got schooled.

Kyyote bleeds orange more than anyone on all UTEP athletic forums so I will not attack him. However, UTEP has Kugler and Floyd who are underachieving. Both claim to fame is a loss in the UNM bowl (that Kugler blew due to poor second half coaching and no passing game) and an embarrassing NIT loss that UTEP should have won. Both coaches are feeling the heat because attendance is not where it can be if both would park the egos by being open to other coaching options and not just what they want to hear. With that being said, Kugler opened up to the Coach Baliff from Rice for advice and hired a new defensive and offensive coaches. Football pays the bills for FBS schools so he has to change, he has no choice and the AD comes from strong football coaching tree. Floyd has thrown "I hate this conference" temper tantrums for a few years but fell on deaf ears. UTEP hardcore basketball fans did some homework, tried to get answers (some unsubstantiated, some with "there's smoke, there must be a fire") got no answers. Picaxesocial.com, MinerRush.com and Kap all had picked up on the cyber fans frustration with Floyd and exodus of players and asked similar questions and what is Floyd's answer? ATTACK KAP! Nice! Yeah, Kap got schooled.:rolleyes:

The whole point was he has been questioning his integrity. Talk Shit get bit its that simple. You wanna play with the big boys this is what happens. This is why we love Floyd can't have it both ways.

The whole point was he has been questioning his integrity. Talk Shit get bit its that simple. You wanna play with the big boys this is what happens. This is why we love Floyd can't have it both ways.
If that's how you roll........ And it's probably the only reason you could love Floyd. Because success and how the program is being run probably wouldn't qualify.

I tend to agree with Kyyote. I hate members of the media that call names to the people they are interviewing (the word classless was used a lot), just because they have the power of the mic. Not defending CTF because his behavior was all wrong as well, but Kappy really knew what he was doing, thus improving attendance at his show, pretty smart MR TMZ

I think it's pointless thinking about how something could be because the reality is different.

Dumbasses like you are the reason your boy got taken to the woodshed. Quit while your ahead or you might get some of the same.

You really need to troll harder. :D

Steve is not our boy I didn't even know he hosted a radio show until yesterday. Thanks to the little spat I'm now a listener. I would personally love to ask Tim Floyd some questions. I think most of the 7k faithful who attend every game want some answers.

I like Floyd and originally a big time fan of his hire. But he was out of line yesterday. Chicago and NY media would have eaten him alive. What, he can't handle the El Paso sports cheerleaders? He's not in Chicago anymore for sure and El Paso media is often so weak in its interviews with softball and timid questions. FINALLY, Floyd got asked some questions that deserved to be asked. The fact that he said, "We will give you that info when we are ready" sums up the arrogance.

No longer a Floyd fan since I think he should have been let go a year ago. IMHO he has underachieved and it's time to go in a new direction.

As for the press conference, neither Floyd nor Steve came across looking good. Floyd sounded like a bully and Steve sounded weak and shrill. Both looked bad. I think Kyote's post was pretty close to the truth.

Reactions: TrojanMiner
Dumbasses like you are the reason your boy got taken to the woodshed. Quit while your ahead or you might get some of the same.

Ooooooh. A threat. Your [sic] scary.

At any rate, I had a thought: Kap and Floyd need to make this a regular feature. Look at how much talk it has generated. Kap can say some crap about the UTEP BB team and Floyd can Hulk out with reams of data.

This needs to happen

lieb

Last edited:
Ooooooh. A threat. Your [sic] scary.

At any rate, I had a thought: Kap and Floyd need to make this a regular feature. Look at how much talk it has generated. Kap can say some crap about the UTEP BB team and Floyd can Hulk out with reams of data.

This needs to happen

lieb

I agree! Get Jerry Bruckheimer on this project. He'll be able to produce a weekly drama...an evening soap opera, if you will; better yet...a mini-series. Casting will be crucial to the program's success.

Sorry man, I don't think Kappy got bit, as you claim. Floyd barked a lot, but with no bite. HE...FLOYD...looks like the ass.

The turning point was when Kappy told Floyd the fans are getting fed up that you have done nothing in CUSA and have zero NCAA Tournament appearances, and then Floyd said he went to the NIT 2 years ago and Kappy said nobody cares about that. Happy took a few hits but that comment about he has done nothing was a knock out punch. Most of the other stuff said was just excuses coming from Floyd's mouth.

Reactions: TrojanMiner
Another day at the office.
Some think they are correct. In reality nobody won this atrocious press conference
or what ever it was.
I honestly think that Coach Floyd did what he had to do. A lot of us don't like what
we heard because we want to see UTEP back on the map (Basketball).
All of us have a tendency of calling coaches all kinds of crap and we think
that we have all the right to do it. But since Coach Floyd put out the facts he is now
an a-hole or what ever you want to call him.

Go Miners...

Some think they are correct. In reality nobody won this atrocious press conference
or what ever it was.
I honestly think that Coach Floyd did what he had to do. A lot of us don't like what
that we have all the right to do it. But since Coach Floyd put out the facts he is now

Go Miners...
He did what he had to do? Call a half-hour press conference solely for the purpose of browbeating a member of the media? That's really what he had to do?

or what ever it was.

Go Miners...

I think addressing the media was a step in the right direction. But he should have laid out a plan of action and addressed the issues rather than calling someone out. He should have said I know your concerns, these are the challenges, and here is what I am preparing to do to correct them. But as far as him 'putting out the facts,' he was not 'dead ass right.' Alot of the stuff he said was straight bullshit numbers he pulled from his ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT