ADVERTISEMENT

LA Tech @ UTEP Prediction Thread

Dec 22, 2016
LA Tech opened as -19.5 favorite, some books went down to -18.5

UTEP has played LA Tech well lately, but the Dawgs have mad momentum after that big home win last week against Southern Miss. Watched some of that game and was impressed, we get rolled again this week.

LA Tech 34 UTEP 6

Empty Sun Bowl, might be 8k there.

It's just one game closer to the last 4 games and signing day. Which redshirts will play and who will sign? That's really the only thing I'm looking forward too in football right now.

A win over NMSU won't mean a whole heck of a lot right now, but I still want to see our boys beat the heck out of them

UTEP 24
La Tech 20

cheryl-cole.gif

Reactions: kickballpro
I go to the track and pick the biggest longshot hoping the horse runs first. That never happens either

Maybe we start seeing more of the redshirts this week with only 6 games left. They could be staggered in 4 of the 6 last games per Dimel. Hardisson will back up Kai this week. Might we see Hankins (with Fields out), Tupua, Broussard or some D-lineman? I think Logoleo played last week.

Last edited:
4 games can be played nor to burn a red shirt. So more than likely still have 2 more games, unless they both get injured.

Hope for the best, expect the worst:

UTEP: 10
La Tech: 42

UTEP averaged 17 ppg lat year, so this is not exactly what I would call improvement.

UTEP has played LA Tech well lately, but the Dawgs have mad momentum after that big home win last week against Southern Miss. Watched some of that game and was impressed, we get rolled again this week.

LA Tech 34 UTEP 6

LA Tech -20.5 or 21 (51u)
https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
Game Time Forecast:
Clear, 61 degrees, 0% chance of rain.
https://www.weatherstem.com/fbs#time-20
The game will be shown on ESPN College Sports Extra (Spectrum Cable channel 392- 399) not listed as of now.

LA Tech 31
UTEP 10

Reactions: unihorn
Reactions: unihorn
Improvement? Or UTEP propaganda?

I always hate when questions like this are asked because they're just there to fill space. It's like when a player says "we'll be ready for them"... does anyone expect them to say "We're not ready! We're going to lose!"

Every so often a coach or player will deviate from this and winds up saying something they regret and it becomes bulletin board material. Remember when Coach Nord was Offensive coordinator and said something about getting a "pretty win" at home? The opposing coach gave a copy of the article yo Coach Bailey and said "give this to your offensive coordinator" or something like that and Coach Nord had to be restrained from going after him. About a year later Coach Nord was head coach and when a reporter asked if he had anything to say to the next opponent and Coach Nord said "tell them we're gonna kick their A-double-Esses"... and if I'm not mistaken our boys promptly went out there and lost.

I'm hoping Coach Dimel wins a few more this season. He's a good guy and all. I don't expect anyone outside of social media, radio or TV to outwardly bash him if he doesn't though

Looks like we will see Hardison on Saturday since Jones is out?

Dimel:

"“It would not be out of the realm of possibility that he might play some in this ball game this weekend...We are going to work toward preparing him toward that angle and getting him more and more reps and just see how the week plays out”"

https://www.ktsm.com/sports/college...fferent-quarterback-rotation-with-jones-hurt/

I heard during the broadcast last game that Jones may have re-aggravated his shoulder, but then I heard on Puro Miners that they took him out for concussion protocol. Does anyone know which it is, or is it both? Brandon’s a great guy, I hope for the best.

Reactions: Cube Jack

LA Tech 34 UTEP 6

With all the upsets today, I’m predicting the Miners will pull a big upset.
UTEP 24
La Tech 23

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT