ADVERTISEMENT

LA Tech Prediction

MinerFan_18

Starter
Sep 7, 2018
I think I am suppose to start this thread. UTEP comes back to home, and do they come back with a win? Do they get a big crowd on Saturday? Find out Saturday.

LA TECH 23
UTEP 27

UTEP 13
LaTech 24

I expect a repeat of last years game where the defense plays good enough to win but the offense fails to put enough points on the scoreboard (again).

While UTEP's and La Tech's schedules have been slightly different in difficulty, UTEP's defense is ranked 16th nationally by the ncaa (tied with Alabama) and the La Tech defense is ranked somewhere in the 100's.

UTEP 31 La Tech 27

Reactions: utep-piggy
While UTEP's and La Tech's schedules have been slightly different in difficulty, UTEP's defense is ranked 16th nationally by the ncaa (tied with Alabama) and the La Tech defense is ranked somewhere in the 100's.

UTEP 31 La Tech 27
Meaningless. UTEP gave up 461 yards to the only “real” team they played. I bet 75% of FBS would have great defensive numbers playing the 5 teams that UTEP beat.

UTEP 31 La Tech 27
i didn’t realize LaTechs defense was ranked 121 in total defense. If the Miner offensive line can control the line of scrimmage and run the football effectively, I think the Miners have a chance at the upset.

UTEP 31 La Tech 27
There's no doubt we've had an easy schedule so far. Charlotte has also had an easy schedule so far. Our SOS for opponents played so far is 128 theirs is 127.

Our defense is ranked 16 their's 109.

Our offense is ranked 74 their's 64.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
So since this prediction thread was already started does anyone know how to delete a thread that you already posted?
Prediction UTEP 27 Ruston Swamp Rats 24

• Haha
Reactions: shyminer81
UTEP 13
LaTech 24

I expect a repeat of last years game where the defense plays good enough to win but the offense fails to put enough points on the scoreboard (again).
I'm with piggy on this one. History is history and UTEP is notorious for blowing games against LT, especially under Kug and Dimel and Holtz owns UTEP. What that means is that LT letterman (mainly upperclassman) know this game was penciled in red all week, but then again, Kug and Dimel have had Tech circled in red years prior and still blew it.

This comes down to the players and how bad UTEP wants it.

Busch Lite Rednecks 28
Underachievers On The Border 25

There's no doubt we've had an easy schedule so far. Charlotte has also had an easy schedule so far. Our SOS for opponents played so far is 128 theirs is 127.

Our defense is ranked 16 their's 109.

Our offense is ranked 74 their's 64.
Agreed, our defense definitely upgraded this season.

UTEP - 20
LA Tech - 17

UTEP makes it ugly and God willing a good crowd turns up with energy to help the Miners make a late play to win the game.

The ones in attendance know the importance of this game and cheer louder and harder than ever. This energizes the team and they play their best game in a Miner uniform. They’re able to cut back on the mistakes and finish the drives they couldn't in Ruston last year. UTEP announces themselves as contenders in CUSA.

UTEP 27
La Tech 24

IF...we limit the penalties, continue to play "D",
exhibit a more varied offense, manage to gain 50-50 ample yardage via rushing and passing, limit turnovers , i.e. play a perfect game we pull it off by 31-20.
A crowd of 29,637 might help also.

This game will bring UTEP back to earth. We’re better this year, no doubt, but La Tech is still way ahead of us as a program.

La Tech 38
UTEP 22
I'd agree with you, except Utep has played La Tech tough even over the past several years we've been really bad. Now that the teams talent is a little better and the confidence is up. I believe we have a pretty legit chance if winning.

I'd agree with you, except Utep has played La Tech tough even over the past several years we've been really bad. Now that the teams talent is a little better and the confidence is up. I believe we have a pretty legit chance if winning.
Conference games can def be unpredictable, but…. The better team usually wins in the end.

I agree with you though. We certainly have a chance of winning this game

OMG... every bunny is is calling this game real close "only if UTEP doesn't do ..." this game is ours to lose.
this game is going to be a real barn burner, get there early, stand proud and yell loud. Show some pride.
Look for a 4th quarter come from behind blitz for a 35 -21 victory..
from Hollywood ... the $5 food special is pretty cool.

This game will bring UTEP back to earth. We’re better this year, no doubt, but La Tech is still way ahead of us as a program.

La Tech 38
UTEP 22
That's the Nordic icy bucket of water I hope stays in the bucket come late Saturday night.

In reality it has been hit or miss. Since La Tech joined cusa I noticed a pattern. One year play them close next year lose big.

2013 L by 3
2014 L by 50+
2015 L by 2
2016 L by 21
2017 L by 21
2018 L by 7
2019 L by 21
2020 L by 4
2021 ?????

Last year we played them close so I hope the pattern is broken and we don't lose big this year.

Reactions: utep-piggy
I just saw the LaTech equipment semi truck stalled on I-10 west near the Soccoro exit…..hopefully it’s a foreshadowing of things to come!!
Maybe the cholos from Moon City can go steal their helmets and shoulder pads.

Reactions: nattybry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT