ADVERTISEMENT

LA Tech Prediction

I asked a La Tech fan how many starters they were missing vs UTEP last year cuz of Covid. His response.

"Biggest problem was on the OL. We were missing both starting tackles and a guard, and then one of the backups went down with a leg injury in the 2nd qtr of the game. Think we were missing one starting DL, but the defense was mostly intact and we had all of our skilled players, WRs and RBs, for the game. And we had our starting QB, Luke Anthony, who was lost later in the season to an injury.

Except for the OL, Tech had no excuses last year. The game was close because the two teams are close in capability."

Penalties is what did us in last year. If we can limit them in half that should be enough to flip the score.

1939?!? That shit ends tonight.
If there’s anyone that doesn’t want to read the article, I can sum it up for you.

Dimel uses the word “talented” to describe LaTech players no less than 5 times in one short paragraph. Basically everybody on LaTech is talented according to Dimel. No need to read. That about sums it up.

If there’s anyone that doesn’t want to read the article, I can sum it up for you.

Dimel uses the word “talented” to describe LaTech players no less than 5 times in one short paragraph. Basically everybody on LaTech is talented according to Dimel. No need to read. That about sums it up.
I wish he would have tied it in with KSU. Something along the lines of "LA Tech has a talented Qb from the Big 12, at Kansas St we're used to facing that kind of talent, it could pose a problems for us but I think my kids are also talented and ready for the challenge."

Reactions: utep-piggy
That article is full of shit too. No team has ever been kicked out of FBS because they didn’t average 15,000 in 1 year. Idaho played many years at the Kibbie Dome and MAC schools play weeknight home games in November in front of 5,000 people.

It’s just a “rule” to keep out smaller FCS and D2 schools out of FBS.

Reactions: kickballpro
That article is full of shit too. No team has ever been kicked out of FBS because they didn’t average 15,000 in 1 year. Idaho played many years at the Kibbie Dome and MAC schools play weeknight home games in November in front of 5,000 people.

It’s just a “rule” to keep out smaller FCS and D2 schools out of FBS.
Technically he's not writing anything wrong. He didn't say we would be kicked out or anyone has been kicked out. He simply stated the FBS rule. The NCAA doesn't really enforce it but it doesn't make his article full of shit either.

This supports both statements.

Technically he's not writing anything wrong. He didn't say we would be kicked out or anyone has been kicked out. He simply stated the FBS rule. The NCAA doesn't really enforce it but it doesn't make his article full of shit either.

This supports both statements.
The rules are vague. It was created almost twenty years ago or so because many P5 programs believed D1-A, as it was know then, was getting watered down.

I can't believe I'm typing this but NoWins is kind of technically correct.

However, no one is keeping anyone out. It's a matter of budget of support. North Dakota State and North Dakota broach the topic from time to time. Problem is, they just don't have the money.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
The rules are vague. It was created almost twenty years ago or so because many P5 programs believed D1-A, as it was know then, was getting watered down.

I can't believe I'm typing this but NoWins is kind of technically correct.

However, no one is keeping anyone out. It's a matter of budget of support. North Dakota State and North Dakota broach the topic from time to time. Problem is, they just don't have the money.

If it’s not enforced, it’s not really a rule. How many of us would speed if we just got pulled over and got a verbal warning? It wouldn’t mean anything.

You’re right about budget and support 2Step, though that’s what I am saying, keeps out smaller schools. If you could go FBS with a rinky dink, 6,000 seat stadium, then you might see the Western New Mexico and Butler’s of the world go to FBS. Aside from the increased scholarships, a 15,000 seat stadium or bigger, does require a lot of investment and money.

That’s why the “rule” is there, not for kicking UTEP and Eastern Michigan from FBS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT