ADVERTISEMENT

Lathon lands at Wisconsin-Milwaukee

No. Just sad.

If you want to say SFA is currently a better program, I wouldn’t disagree. They play in a trash league, but they win a ton of games and they beat Duke, at Duke. I can’t even remember the last time UTEP played an elite school on the road and won.
Agree. Milwaukee has had a better last 20 years. Currently it’s a lateral move at Best, but imo a step down because of the record Pearson has and because he’s on his way out.

Hawkins move makes sense.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Agree. Milwaukee has had a better last 20 years. Currently it’s a lateral move at Best, but imo a step down because of the record Pearson has and because he’s on his way out.

Hawkins move makes sense.
Lathon will be going to school less than 2 hours from his home and it's already been said that he wanted to be closer to home. So that's why it made sense for him.

I saw if maybe the horizon league had more games closer to MO. But nope that didn’t check out either.

Granted, he is CLOSER to home like some are saying. Can’t deny that. He is still a full day’s drive away from family. The closer argument loses more than a bit of validity taking that into consideration.

Everybody uses diplomacy these days in regards to these kinds of matters. You don’t hear coaches calling out players, nor do you hear players call out coaches all that often when a departure happens. It’s a bad look for either. Had Lathon moved within the distance from say EP to Albuquerque, I’d buy it, but considering the timing of his first transfer request and the absolute crumbling of the team, I’m more inclined to think something happened internally that led to his departure. He was a shell of his former self when he came back. That ain’t loneliness, or missing family. He played it smoothly by saying he wanted to be closer to home. Smart move by him. But let’s call it what it is.

Last edited:
Granted, he is CLOSER to home like some are saying. Can’t deny that. He is still a full day’s drive away from family. The closer argument loses more than a bit of validity taking that into consideration.

Everybody uses diplomacy these days in regards to these kinds of matters. You don’t hear coaches calling out players, nor do you hear players call out coaches all that often when a departure happens. It’s a bad look for either. Had Lathon moved within the distance from say EP to Albuquerque, I’d buy it, but considering the timing of his first transfer request and the absolute crumbling of the team, I’m more inclined to think something happened internally that led to his departure. He was a shell of his former self when he came back. That ain’t loneliness, or missing family. He played it smoothly by saying he wanted to be closer to home. Smart move by him. But let’s call it what it is.
Exactly. If he had ended up at Wichita St or something similar then you could give him the benefit of doubt. It was clear Lathon wanted out of dodge city. I do respect him for sticking around the second semester and playing hard until his last game. A lot of others would have checked out.

Good luck to Lathon. He had a great game against TTU and I thought he was the future. Mid season I was more on Hawkins, but he faded too. Lathon came back slowly and was pretty spectacular against Marshall in the tourney, but it was Terry that couldn't adjust to get the win. I think Lathon knows that he is very inconsistent, but I also think that he knows Terry is not the one to help him.

Exactly. If he had ended up at Wichita St or something similar then you could give him the benefit of doubt. It was clear Lathon wanted out of dodge city. I do respect him for sticking around the second semester and playing hard until his last game. A lot of others would have checked out.

Exactly. I have no hard feelings about Lathon moving on. A kid has to do what he has to do. Although I don’t buy the closer to family argument, I think it was in his best interest to use that as his reason. I appreciate the way he finished out the season, too.

By bringing it up in the first place, I wasn’t pointing the finger at Lathon...but rather Terry. I am absolutely convinced he drove JL away, whether directly or indirectly.

After days to chew on Lathon is actually a loss, but he will not flourish under Terry and he knew it by Christmas.

No. Just sad.

If you want to say SFA is currently a better program, I wouldn’t disagree. They play in a trash league, but they win a ton of games and they beat Duke, at Duke. I can’t even remember the last time UTEP played an elite school on the road and won.

A master of none and a novice of many is what UTEP athletics has succumbed to.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Tarke to Coppin State

So Tarke transfers down. Very close to home for him, though. Didnt realize he's a grad transfer.

Coppin also signed someone named Nendah Tarke. Probably his brother. Good for them getting to play together.

Last edited:
Good person who will be successful once off the court. I have read nothing but good things about him from a strong work ethic to not complaining about lack of playing time to busting his fanny in practice.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT